RD 1, Pick 19: DE Shaq Lawson, Clemson University

Beerball

Nah dude, because he'll come back better than ever. It doesn't suck at all.

Even if it did suck, which it doesn't, with us paying attention to reality and all, some would never admit it.

You don't do sarcasm very well. Especially while being deliberately obtuse. Have a good evening.

GO BILLS!!!

OK I am confused (which is really not that hard to do nowadays)

I dont have lowered expectations of Shaq Lawson......when Shaq gets back and up to speed I am hoping for a eventual pro bowl player who sets the edge for the run and has a nice combo of speed and power in the pass rush.

Those are pretty lofty expectations

OK. If you go back to the post I quoted it didn't seem to be that way.

Something else. (real answer)

Seriously...pick a topic and we'll pin it for the day. Might be a fun thing to do during the off season. Day after we give someone else the choice. It's gotta be better than a 50 pager about a player no longer on the team. (football, not football...dealers choice)

OK. If you go back to the post I quoted it didn't seem to be that way.

Seriously...pick a topic and we'll pin it for the day. Might be a fun thing to do during the off season. Day after we give someone else the choice. It's gotta be better than a 50 pager about a player no longer on the team. (football, not football...dealers choice)

'Rule Change That Had Greatest Impact on the Game.'

I call moving the hash marks in.

GO BILLS!!!

I think i am just going to forget about Mr S Lawson for the most part.

If he shows up on the field, i will again consider him.

'Rule Change That Had Greatest Impact on the Game.'

I call moving the hash marks in.

GO BILLS!!!

Brady rule

Do you know the difference between spinning this into something good vs. not spinning it as the end of the world?

Nothing more than a tough break for the kid and the Bills.

But with you, EVERY PHUCKING THING has to be an indictment against the entire organization.

GO BILLS!!!

what would constitute the end of the world in

NFL terms? 25 years with no playoffs? this pick moves one step closer to that. not a sure thing but neither is lawson after surgery (and presumably we've now accepted "next year" as his time to start contributing).

NFL terms? 25 years with no playoffs? this pick moves one step closer to that. not a sure thing but neither is lawson after surgery (and presumably we've now accepted "next year" as his time to start contributing).

So would he have been a sure thing "before" the surgery for the injury he played with all through college.......or is it even safe to assume that fixing something that kept him at 70 percent efficiency might net us an even better player

no wait

Because every other player at 19 that was still available would totally have been a better pick.....forget the fact that edge pass rushers are so hard to find.....or as they put it at the NFL combine......

"how many edge pass rushers are their in this draft"

answer from NFL front offices

"there are never enough"

Yet....the bills...in their infinite idiocy.....decided to take a edge rusher who had a top 10 grade on him at 19

but wait.....because the fate of the team SOLEY hinged on this one draft pick........right?

but wait....because it is DOUG WHALEYS fault that the team has not not made the playoffs in the last decade.....i mean...he is the GM of todays team right?

Edited by John from Hemet

So would he have been a sure thing "before" the surgery for the injury he played with all through college.......or is it even safe to assume that fixing something that kept him at 70 percent efficiency might net us an even better player

no wait

Because every other player at 19 that was still available would totally have been a better pick.....forget the fact that edge pass rushers are so hard to find.....or as they put it at the NFL combine......

"how many edge pass rushers are their in this draft"

answer from NFL front offices

"there are never enough"

Yet....the bills...in their infinite idiocy.....decided to take a edge rusher who had a top 10 grade on him at 19

but wait.....because the fate of the team SOLEY hinged on this one draft pick........right?

but wait....because it is DOUG WHALEYS fault that the team has not not made the playoffs in the last decade.....i mean...he is the GM of todays team right?

So a guy whose performance is going to affect his draft position declined to have surgery for multiple offseasons and continued to play at 70 percent. One would think he would have got it fixed and improved his draft stock and more importantly his payday. This 70 percent thing would be a hard sell to even the most faithful, it just doesn't make any sense.

So a guy whose performance is going to affect his draft position declined to have surgery for multiple offseasons and continued to play at 70 percent. One would think he would have got it fixed and improved his draft stock and more importantly his payday. This 70 percent thing would be a hard sell to even the most faithful, it just doesn't make any sense.

Not really

When you go down to injury there is a chance that someone takes your spot and never gives it up......

When your a football player with an upper body injury...you play with it.

The 70 percent thing? I dont know...that is just a number. What we do know is that Shaq Lawson was a highly productive college football player from a high level program who played with injuries in college (more then one)

Its a wait and see....I certainly am not going to sit on the side of a player that played injured does not have a chance to be a MORE productive player if he is not injured?

Not really

When you go down to injury there is a chance that someone takes your spot and never gives it up......

When your a football player with an upper body injury...you play with it.

The 70 percent thing? I dont know...that is just a number. What we do know is that Shaq Lawson was a highly productive college football player from a high level program who played with injuries in college (more then one)

Its a wait and see....I certainly am not going to sit on the side of a player that played injured does not have a chance to be a MORE productive player if he is not injured?

Give up his spot and never get it back? Are you aware that he was playing behind Vic Beasley prior too this year? So you just picked 70 percent because that would be great if we could get an additional 30 percent out of Shaq after his surgery? Well that's convienent. None of this makes any sense, why make up numbers and false situations?

EVERY PHUCKING THING.

GO BILLS!!!

Give up his spot and never get it back? Are you aware that he was playing behind Vic Beasley prior too this year? So you just picked 70 percent because that would be great if we could get an additional 30 percent out of Shaq after his surgery? Well that's convienent. None of this makes any sense, why make up numbers and false situations?

You answered your own question. He was behind Beasley until this past season. He gets surgery anytime before that and he might never have even gotten a shot to start last year.

I do find it odd that Clemson didn't address this during an offseason. I'm not freaking out over it, but that seems curious. I wonder what that thinking was. I mean, there should have been plenty of time to get this taken care of without missing games.

You answered your own question. He was behind Beasley until this past season. He gets surgery anytime before that and he might never have even gotten a shot to start last year.

Oh so during 13' and 14' he decided that it was best to continue to play at 70 percent as a back up instead of getting his shoulder fixed and being able to play at 100 percent. Got it.

The injury has a 5-6 month recovery period, he chose not to have the surgery done after the 13' and 14' seasons in which he would have roughly 8-9 months inbetween games. When supporting your team isn't enough... one should go out of his or her way to create scenarios in which anything that may be bad is actually good.

What constitutes the end of the world? I don't know, the world has never ended. But how about not burning Whaley at the stake for making draft choices that extends beyond the first 6 games of that players career? Yes, the next 4.5 years outweigh the next .5 years, 16 years without playoffs, or not. It is common sense.

Oh so during 13' and 14' he decided that it was best to continue to play at 70 percent as a back up instead of getting his shoulder fixed and being able to play at 100 percent. Got it.

The injury has a 5-6 month recovery period, he chose not to have the surgery done after the 13' and 14' seasons in which he would have roughly 8-9 months inbetween games. When supporting your team isn't enough... one should go out of his or her way to create scenarios in which anything that may be bad is actually good.

They do play spring ball, BTW... so not exactly 8-9 months in between games. If he gets the surgery in the offseason he risks being put further down the depth chart and possibly never getting a shot at starting.

What constitutes the end of the world? I don't know, the world has never ended. But how about not burning Whaley at the stake for making draft choices that extends beyond the first 6 games of that players career? Yes, the next 4.5 years outweigh the next .5 years, 16 years without playoffs, or not. It is common sense.

you all play pretty loose with numbers. he has a 4 year contract. coming back in Nov is more like 8 games which constitutes 1/8 of his contracted time before he plays his first down. that's common sense.

you all play pretty loose with numbers. he has a 4 year contract. coming back in Nov is more like 8 games which constitutes 1/8 of his contracted time before he plays his first down. that's common sense.

The Bills have the option for the fifth year which effectively binds him to the team for FIVE YEARS.

You keep taking it to new levels.

GO BILLS!!!

You gonna have a meltdown or what ? More tears and pain please.

I picked the 70 percent becaused I heard Shaq Lawson use that number in a interview recently. I didnt just make it up.