RD 1, Pick 19: DE Shaq Lawson, Clemson University

Beerball

Although Whaley said not often, they have DBs to do that....

When Whaley said this, I thought we might have a shift in thinking. I expect Lawson and Hughes to still set the edge, but will have more permission to get after it this year.

Kiper: Early-impact rookies from Round 1
Among the first-rounders who could produce immediately? Expect Shaq Lawson to fill the Bills' pass-rushing void and Josh Doctson to get lots of targets for the Redskins, Mel Kiper writes.

Shaq Lawson: Nobody is crying over the departure of Mario Williams, but it still leaves a pass-rushing void. Lawson has a motor and will get some effort sacks even when he's not winning with ability. I expect him to get first-team reps.

@PFF

Here's how every 2016 first-rounder fits with their new NFL team: https://t.co/13N5qEv00F

19. Buffalo Bills: DE Shaq Lawson

Lawson is a very well-rounded defender who can make an immediate impact in the running game. He is powerful and has the ability to play well with leverage against tight ends and tackles. Although Lawson does not have the speed off the edge that many teams covet, he can create pressure with power and effort. He can play the run or the pass and also has the ability to drop into coverage and move well in space. He should play significant snaps as a rookie.

Perhaps...what's it worth to you?

I might just start running ALL custom jerseys - every year I have to retire one of my "real player" jerseys. Stevie. Freddie. And on and on...

But, you know, a "Hammers Lot #100" jersey NEVER goes out of style!

So maybe if I have a closet full of jerseys that make me laugh, I'll never have to get rid of them. :D:beer:

Someone posted the following link, but I don't think the mentioned one of the videos down the page a little bit.

http://www.nfl.com/labs/rr/pathtothedraft/lawson

It's under the portion titled, "Lawson gets expected outcome on medical recheck." The video has nothing to do with his shoulder or medical check, it's about how he plays his game and then they watch some tape on Von Miller and talk to Shaq about what he's doing. Shaq talked about the different moves he likes to do if he sees a tackle leaning and waiting for a bull rush, he also talks about different moves he likes to do when he long arms tackles.

Good stuff.

Top 10 head-to-head rookie matchups to watch
A matchup between Joey Bosa and Laremy Tunsil might not come to fruition in 2016, but its potential was too alluring to leave off of our list of head-to-head rookie battles to follow.

4. Ronnie Stanley vs. Shaq Lawson

Game: Buffalo Bills at Baltimore Ravens

Date: Sept. 11

Why it resonates: The first offensive tackle chosen in the draft, Stanley, takes on the Bills' top pick at No. 19 overall in Lawson in Week One. If that rings a bell, it should, because they were matched head-to-head last season when Notre Dame played Clemson. Lawson had a big day, recording 3.5 tackles for loss and drawing a rare holding penalty on Stanley. Expect their college encounter to get rehashed media attention in the days leading up to the game.

Top 10 head-to-head rookie matchups to watch

4. Ronnie Stanley vs. Shaq Lawson

Game: Buffalo Bills at Baltimore Ravens

Date: Sept. 11

Why it resonates: The first offensive tackle chosen in the draft, Stanley, takes on the Bills' top pick at No. 19 overall in Lawson in Week One. If that rings a bell, it should, because they were matched head-to-head last season when Notre Dame played Clemson. Lawson had a big day, recording 3.5 tackles for loss and drawing a rare holding penalty on Stanley. Expect their college encounter to get rehashed media attention in the days leading up to the game.

Will Lawson most often line up on the left side of the d-line?

Seems to be the 1st Bills draft pick I can remember genuinely happy to be in Buffalo. Maybe it's just his personality. Maybe it's Rex. His energy will be infectious.

Swat? It was just a couple years ago. The Bills were his favorite team. He was very happy to be drafted by the Bills.

Swat? It was just a couple years ago. The Bills were his favorite team. He was very happy to be drafted by the Bills.

That is how i recalled it.

Recall the look on Gilmores face though ?

His reasoning for liking the Bills was he used them in Madden. Lol. It was a little overblown. Plus I don't remember him showing enthusiasm like Shaq. Could just be his personality.