RD 1, Pick 19: DE Shaq Lawson, Clemson University

Beerball

I'd like to see Lawson slim down a bit and be a little quicker. If he stays or adds weight, this would be a great comp and could we be so lucky!

I don't know exactly what your post is saying but Whaley said naturally guys add 5-10 lbs once they get on an NFL diet. Sounds like they welcome him getting a little bigger.

@ProFootballDoc

David J. Chao, MD Retweeted Adam Schefter

Why @AdamSchefter info on @Shaq_Lawson90 is correct. http://shar.es/1e2FB8

Shaq Lawson, DE Clemson:

Was called back to medical rechecks for a shoulder issue. Lawson finally acknowledged his shoulder injury by saying it is now finally ready by sending video to all 32 teams this weekend. He claims he hurt it his freshman season where it “popped out”. Lawson played three years with a brace and claims there is no issue with it. When a shoulder dislocates and requires reduction, there is a very high chance of a labral tear. It is something he can play with in a brace. The NFL team that drafts him may have him undergo immediate surgery or choose to have him play with a brace and have surgery next offseason. I don’t believe this will completely deter suitors from drafting him but it does warrant a closer look and may affect his draft position.

@tyschalter

Today at B/R, @Shaq_Lawson90 tells his incredible story. It was my honor to have a hand in the telling: https://t.co/6SidkqS4Pd

But I sprained my MCL, and there was a lot of doubt whether I would be able to play against Alabama in the national championship game. I was only about 50 percent, but I went out there and gave it my all. I had three solo tackles, two tackles for loss and two sacks—but we finished six points short of the national championship.

:wub:

in this one conversation he shows so much. Played through pain, put it all on the line for his team even though he was staring at a big payday, played well, finishes the statement talking about the team and how they fell short of there goal.

Very underwhelming, uninspired pick

<snip>

Dude, seriously, why should we take your comments as being more relevant than anyone else on this board? The level of arrogance you exhibit with respect to these topics is stunning.

I don't mind the pick. I'm happy they went BPA and that guy happens to be a pass rusher which is even better....I rarely watch college FB so I don't know much about Lawson other then he was a top rated defensive lineman.

I'm just commenting on the mentality of a lot of people on this board. The guy stated his opinion on Lawson and people get pissed at him because its not a positive one....

Many here approach this forum not as a place for objective commentary, but an altar for cult-like devotion. They function as non-questioning groupies.

When other posters don't fit that mold, they are attacked by the groupie majority as being "negative".

It is not a positive vs. negative distinction. It is a critical thinking objective vs. subjective devotion distinction.

There would be a lot less garbage on this forum if everyone broke off into their 2 respective camps, stayed there, and carried on discussing the Bills on their own terms.

Dude, seriously, why should we take your comments as being more relevant than anyone else on this board? The level of arrogance you exhibit with respect to these topics is stunning.

While the bolded is true to the point it almost makes the posts unreadable, if you get past the tone, Badol actually makes points and explains his opinions with fairly rational logic. You may disagree, but at least its not just "Im so done with this team!".

The real downside is that he'll ride this crusade (just like Shady) through the entire season, no matter what happens.

While the bolded is true to the point it almost makes the posts unreadable, if you get past the tone, Badol actually makes points and explains his opinions with fairly rational logic. You may disagree, but at least its not just "Im so done with this team!".

The real downside is that he'll ride this crusade (just like Shady) through the entire season, no matter what happens.

id take his arrogance over a lot of input we get here. he knows the game, he knows the players, and he takes the time to create an informative opinion to share with us. Much better than most and i think earns a certain level of putting himself above the masses.

that said, you are right that he will ride it to the end!

@viccarucci

My 3 #Bills 1st-round thoughts: Keeping it simple, defining the D & competition does well. BN Blitz: https://t.co/pHyAKm6WfD

Here are my three Buffalo Bills thoughts the morning after the first round of the NFL Draft:

> The Bills did it right by not overthinking their top pick

> It was interesting that Whaley was quick to point out that Lawson would be an immediate starter at outside linebacker opposite Jerry Hughes.

> As happy as the Bills are about landing Lawson, two the other teams in the AFC East should be equally thrilled about their first-round choices.

id take his arrogance over a lot of input we get here. he knows the game, he knows the players, and he takes the time to create an informative opinion to share with us. Much better than most and i think earns a certain level of putting himself above the masses.

that said, you are right that he will ride it to the end!

You can be the world's smartest man, but it doesn't matter if you come across as a jackass when you talk to others.

No amount of expertise on a topic earns someone that right.

You can be the world's smartest man, but it doesn't matter if you come across as a jackass when you talk to others.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It does drown out the message quite a bit.

to be fair, i was referring to a decent number of people that dont contribute at all or actively detract from conversation. when he is taking the time to educate himself and share that here i am fine with him being short with people that have no interest in actually gaining from the conversation or have made no effort to back up their takes.

do some good people get caught in the crossfire? probably. is it the best look? probably not. but ive generally found him to be fine with most people that take the time to come at him with stats, measurables, comparable players, etc.... to refute him, or actual questions about his takes.

my two cents - but ill move on since it is a detour to the thread

Edited by NoSaint

Agreed with everything NoSaint has written.

Now back to Shaq...

:thumbsup:

@viccarucci

My 3 #Bills 1st-round thoughts: Keeping it simple, defining the D & competition does well. BN Blitz: https://t.co/pHyAKm6WfD

Here are my three Buffalo Bills thoughts the morning after the first round of the NFL Draft:

> The Bills did it right by not overthinking their top pick

> It was interesting that Whaley was quick to point out that Lawson would be an immediate starter at outside linebacker opposite Jerry Hughes.

> As happy as the Bills are about landing Lawson, two the other teams in the AFC East should be equally thrilled about their first-round choices.

Yeah, Miami and the Jets both got great picks. Oh well. My favorite non-Bills pick last night is still the Pats :thumbsup:

Finding it hard to be excited, seems to me that Bills continue to simply tread water. Lose Mario and gain Shaq. Granted Mario was shell of his former self, but pre-Rex, Mario was dominant, last year he sucked. Add Shaq and we are back to where we were in 2014.

To compete for Super Bowl, this team needs step function improvement and needs to stop running in place. 7-9, 9-7, 8-8, simply doesn't cut it.

Finding it hard to be excited, seems to me that Bills continue to simply tread water. Lose Mario and gain Shaq. Granted Mario was shell of his former self, but pre-Rex, Mario was dominant, last year he sucked. Add Shaq and we are back to where we were in 2014.

To compete for Super Bowl, this team needs step function improvement and needs to stop running in place. 7-9, 9-7, 8-8, simply doesn't cut it.

But as a complete team, we're not just where we were in 2014. Our offense is much better, has a clear cut starting QB who is coming into his 2nd year and first year as "the man", and a real OC.

Player churn is a part of the game. Those are the rules established in CBA. Every team is replacing players they would rather not have lost. Looking back over 2 years in the NFL is like a lifetime. Might as well get used to it. The good news is, we are signing our own guys, and only releasing guys when they are over-priced.