Sam Bradford Wants Out of Philly; Crawls Back to Eagles

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, I don't care what Bradford wants. He can sit out of camp all he wants. He'll just be giving up as much as $1.375 million of his signing bonus this season. So is he going to pout and not show up because the Eagles traded for their QB of the future? Doubtful. Second, please find me the team that represents the trading partner. He's guaranteed $7m this season and $4m next, with the possibility of that $4m becoming $13m if he remains the starter. To boot, he has a roster bonus of $4m. So $7m is his cost this year and next it's $17m. Add to that the fact that the Eagles would have to eat an additional $5.5m in bonus proration this year 2106 compared to their $9.8m in cap space. Makes absolutely ZERO sense, and even less than that on the Bills roster.

Bledsoe never proved anything in the NFL??

Not the trail I was going down.

This is what happens when you have an encumbant starter.....and then you take a 1st round QB (which philly probably will)

It doesnt sit well in the locker room

Which is exactly what Bledsoe did when we drafted JP. He pouted and greased the skids to his exit which was also made easy by his crappy play after The League figured out how to defend him.

@RapSheet

Sam Bradford is fined if he no-shows minicamp. If he misses all training camp, he forfeits 25% of his signing bonus. More if into the season

Translation = he will be coming to camp.

Not the trail I was going down.

Which is exactly what Bledsoe did when we drafted JP. He pouted and greased the skids to his exit which was also made easy by his crappy play after The League figured out how to defend him.

Not how I remember it at all. The Bills drafted JP and anointed him as the new starter instead of letting Bledsoe and he compete for the job. That's what Bledsoe didn't like. I don't blame him, especially in retrospect when you see that JP stunk.

@pfref

ProFootballReference Retweeted NFL on ESPN

Bradford was below league average in every passing stat but Cmp% and Sack% in 2015 http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradSa00.htm#passing_advanced::none

But Pro Football Focus has him ranked as "Ranked 11th among NFL QBs last season with an 80.9 passing grade."

as Bill the Cat would say "Pff ...".

Why? Lynch isn't all that great of a prospect and will take years to develop at best. And if he is all that, someone will take him in the top-7.

Unless he retires, I'm not sure a player can just simply give back money.

A player can quit, team can demand money and player can agree to do so with condition that they not put player on "Retired/Reserved" List. Then player unretires,

Not how I remember it at all. The Bills drafted JP and anointed him as the new starter instead of letting Bledsoe and he compete for the job. That's what Bledsoe didn't like. I don't blame him, especially in retrospect when you see that JP stunk.

Bledsoe played for a year while JP sat. His level of play made it easy for the Bills to declare JP the starter. It would have made it easy for them to name a maple tree the starter due to the maple tree having superior mobility.

My favorite part was him dropping a couple dozen F bombs, the b-word multiple times and even the n-word a couple times, but using a euphemism for ass. 'Cause he wouldn't want to come off as crude or anything.

Casebook case of why social media is stupid. Which Walmart does this clown work at and has he ever asked for a trade to a better one?

@SiriusXMNFL

Tom Condon: "Sam [bradford] was very happy with his contract. Then Chase Daniel came. And no one could foresee trading to #2."

Tom Condon: "Sam [bradford] wants to play somewhere where he's going to stay for a long time if he plays well."

Tom Condon: "Sam wants to be the guy. He does not view himself as a stop-gap quarterback."

@alexmarvez

Agent Tom Condon says @Eagles have not given him permission to seek a Sam Bradford trade. Sam won't be at voluntary workouts. @SiriusXMNFL

@SiriusXMNFL

Tom Condon: "Sam [bradford] was very happy with his contract. Then Chase Daniel came. And no one could foresee trading to #2."

Tom Condon: "Sam [bradford] wants to play somewhere where he's going to stay for a long time if he plays well."

Tom Condon: "Sam wants to be the guy. He does not view himself as a stop-gap quarterback."

@alexmarvez

Agent Tom Condon says @Eagles have not given him permission to seek a Sam Bradford trade. Sam won't be at voluntary workouts. @SiriusXMNFL

Sam has never seen Sam play.