Raiders looking to move to Las Vegas?

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in Vegas now and had dinner with a guy Wednesday that is really plugged in here. He told me that they are anticipating it as pretty much a done deal after the other day. They are pretty excited.

Enjoy!!!

I'll freely admit I never thought that would happen, but am now much more intrigued by how it could work out.

I'm in Vegas now and had dinner with a guy Wednesday that is really plugged in here. He told me that they are anticipating it as pretty much a done deal after the other day. They are pretty excited.

This article makes it sound like it's pretty much a done deal too.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/raiders-a-step-away-from-vegas-relocation-owner-calls-stadium-proud-new-home/

What did you eat, you always here about great eats there?

Sux for Oakland but they can root for the 9ers now. Raiders are a perfect fit for Vegas with each having renegade histories.

What did you eat, you always here about great eats there?

Sux for Oakland but they can root for the 9ers now. Raiders are a perfect fit for Vegas with each having renegade histories.

That dinner was at Zefferino's at the Venetian. I had the veal parm and it came with a large chop (bone in). It was fantastic. 2 of the guys that we were with had this spicy pasta that had a whole lobster, shrimp, and crab. They said that it was great too.

He's expecting owner's approval?

He's expecting owner's approval?

He was talking more about the other steps. He said that the rumors are the Raiders may challenge the NFL authority to prevent them from moving. I don't know all of the legalities of it but basically the Raiders are going to say "we are going regardless of what you think so you should just approve it." That will get messy.

I've never thought of Vegas as being a good pro sports town. The only team I can ever remember being there is the XFL team with He Hate Me.

I don't understand why an NFL team would thrive there.

Because it's no longer about home fan support which the XFL needed in order to make money.

Individual ticket sales dont mean much, but the NFL should be able to sell out the high-priced corporate boxes. Plus they have the infrastructure for big market media. Any local attendance issues should be resolved by luring visiting team fans into town for a vacation.

He was talking more about the other steps. He said that the rumors are the Raiders may challenge the NFL authority to prevent them from moving. I don't know all of the legalities of it but basically the Raiders are going to say "we are going regardless of what you think so you should just approve it." That will get messy.

It would...for Davis. His challenge would prove futile.

It would...for Davis. His challenge would prove futile.

I don't disagree. The threat though may be enough for a few owners "on the fence" to just approve it instead of the fight. I'm guessing that's the logic but don't know a ton about the situation. I've read some on the Raiders plans but have been more of a casual observer.