Bills Working on extensions for Gilmore & Maybe Tyrod

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, they can do that.

You would think that would be the plan; structure each deal around the others so that the "big" years don't coincide with any of the others. Since Glenn's big years are 2017 & 18, make Gilmore's in 2016 and 2021(for example) and TT's in 2019 and 2020.

You would think that would be the plan; structure each deal around the others so that the "big" years don't coincide with any of the others. Since Glenn's big years are 2017 & 18, make Gilmore's in 2016 and 2021(for example) and TT's in 2019 and 2020.

With Pegula Bucks available and Jim Overdorf's understanding of how to best structure contracts, I trust the Bills to employ the best strategy to keep their own key players on board as long as possible.

Lets stop talkin about TTs dumbass agent. He is a non issue.

How do you figure?

Because Taylor's best chance to get paid is to do well this year. His only option to get paid more now is to either agree to a lower end, easily exited long term deal (which he does not appear interested in) or to hold out and try to get a bigger one before this season starts. But if he holds out, then he hurts his chances of doing well this season. Thus the conundrum for him and his agent at this point in time. There really is no good option for them other than Taylor preparing and performing as best he can in the 2016 season and getting the best deal possible next offseason.

Edited by BarleyNY

How do you figure?

theres no logic im just tired of hearing the agent talk ****. creating un-necessary distractions and all. Agree with Barely NY. TTs best chance to get paid is play well this season. the contract talk is a distraction we dont need with Rex and Ryan fully pregnant and all.

Edited by Marty McFly

I'm curious. What kind of season would TT need to have to convince you he's worth franchise money? Is there a threshold he has to reach? Yards? Touchdowns? Turnovers? Wins and losses? Playoffs? Can some one describe a end-of-year stat line that would erase all doubt about his abilities as a QB?

I'm curious. What kind of season would TT need to have to convince you he's worth franchise money? Is there a threshold he has to reach? Yards? Touchdowns? Turnovers? Wins and losses? Playoffs? Can some one describe a end-of-year stat line that would erase all doubt about his abilities as a QB?

I'd like to see him hit 4k yards 26 td's and 12 picks.

Damn it, you made me agree with Buffalo Barbarian. I will never forgive you for this.

TT's pro bowl appearance means nothing. They mean nothing in general, but as a replacement it means even less

I am not stating that...That is what is coming out from his agent.

The massive FA signing of Brock by the Texans impacts our ability to sign TT to a reasonable contract. TT had a much better season than the benched Brock

Edited by ganesh

Would you be okay with less production if the run game was killing it?

we had the number 1 rush attack last year and #13 offense...adding 1000 yards passing would give us the #1 offense. quite a bit to ask. i'd like to know that tt could give us the extra passing in years where we don't have the run game to support him if he is the true starter

Jerry Sullivan said Gilmore would rather force the Bills to franchise TT next year so he can test free agency so he won't sign an extension. He's right so often that we're really screwed. Oh well would've been nice to have an opportunity to keep both players.

Edited by Triple Threat

Jerry Sullivan said Gilmore would rather force the Bills to franchise TT next year so he can test free agency so he won't sign an extension. He's right so often that we're really screwed. Oh well would've been nice to have an opportunity to keep both players.

Good one. :lol:

Coming from Sullivan I am not sure what to make of this.

Gilmore is the best corner on the Bills. He is our "homegrown" player.

Bills should retain him of course. I cannot understand those that say otherwise.

We can critique his tackling, but he, much like Cordy has quietly done his job.

I will leave this to Overdorf , but i surely want Happy to remain on the team long term

It's an acknowledgement that TT deserves starter money, even if you can't afford to pay him the full boat. It's also some insurance if Taylor sustains a career ending injury, he has some money to live on. It's really a gesture of goodwill. It shows the Bills want to do right by him, even if they won't give him a long term deal now.

Here's a $3MM bump for 2016. Show us you are worth more and we'll unlock the vault for you.

This, exactly. Give T-Rod what he has already earned, with a nod toward the future.

Tyrod is set to make $3.1M this year.

Watkins will make $5.4M, and Darby $1M.

The team has said Tyrod is their man this year and have not made any moves to bring in competition for the starting spot. The starting QB of your NFL franchise. The guy everyone has to rally behind and whose job it is to lead you to victory.

If we have a couple extra mill floating around and can hit him with a bonus, I dont see how anyone can take that poorly. This locker room seems more like the kind that would be happy for him and see the FO do something everyone knows should be done. And it would be with Tyrod showing up to work and no hold out needed (not that there ever was going to be one).

I think it sets a good tone for the team.

If they dont, hey, no worries here either. I dont think they should try to sign him long term until after the season. But get behind your guy, and show people you care.

Absolutely not. If he can't carry the load, then he's not a franchise QB and doesn't deserve franchise money. If the team is leaning hard on the run game it is due to TT's inability to carry enough of the load.

Absolutely not. If he can't carry the load, then he's not a franchise QB and doesn't deserve franchise money. If the team is leaning hard on the run game it is due to TT's inability to carry enough of the load.

I dont believe that is true...I think that is simply Roman's offensive scheme

look....I have no problem with the bills wait and see approach with TT.......but lets not act like it is all about protecting Tyrod Taylors weaknesses......its a combonation of having a 1st year starter and Roman doing what he does well

They need to give Tyrod more command of the thing in year 2 and see what happens with that

If he plays 16 games, 250 ypg would actually put him slightly below average, the total tds would be slightly above average (adjusted to a per game rate prob about average to slightly below).

Essentially the poster described an average healthy starting qb, which is hope for even with a very good run game.

Edited by NoSaint