The Bills should consider trading for QB Mike Glennon.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Add in EJs yards and touchdowns rushing and his slightly higher completition percentage. Then factor the higher sack ratio of Glennon and as far as I am concerned what you are left with is a minimal difference.

Glennon is not good. He is a slightly better armed but less mobile EJ Manuel. Both have major accuracy issues. They both hurt your football team. You can't win with either.

The only category in which Glennon is "decidedly better" is passing TDs. An important one admittedly but I think when you look at their body of work in the round the difference is minimal.

I also believe EJ has a better W-L for whatever that is worth.

Look at Glennon's numbers from year 1 to year 2. He improved across the board. The jury is still very much out on him. Manuel regressed in year 2 and the verdict arrived last year.

I would think that he is better insurance than EJ and if a 2017 3rd rd pick could get this done than I for one would be all for it. To me EJ is just about useless but if a trade were made then I'd keep him as a 3rd stringer simply because he should know the system pretty good by now. I'm not confident in Tyrod staying healthy all year and I don't want to count on EJ again (*see 2015 Jacksonville/London game). If Tyrod goes down Glennon would be good insurance, has been in the league a few years now and has a cheap contract this year (675,000.00).

I'd still would be willing to draft a mid rd QB this year and this would be able to let him sit and learn. Worse case scenario if something drastic would happen to Taylor then Glennon could be slapped with a transition tag. If Taylor stays healthy and plays well then we have our franchise QB and this year's drafted QB, whoever that may be, would step in as the #2 QB and there will be no need for Glennon or Manuel.

Has anyone seen Romans offense work without an athletic QB?

And yes Alex smith was and no Mike Glennon is not

Look at Glennon's numbers from year 1 to year 2. He improved across the board. The jury is still very much out on him. Manuel regressed in year 2 and the verdict arrived last year.

The jury is in on Glennon - he is not good. He is bad. He sucks and he has been benched multiple times.

I repeat again - replacing EJ with Glennon is the definition of spinning wheels. If we are going to sift around for other people's back ups there are far, far better options than Mike Glennon. What people see in him I have no idea - the production is not there.

How did this thread manage to get to 4 pages? lol

CBF

Because some people seem to like Mike Glennon. Why? I have no freaking idea.

Glennon: 18 starts, 29 TD's, 15 INT's, 83.7 passer rating

Manuel: 16 starts, 19 TD's, 15 INT's, 78.5 passer rating

Glennon's QBR, for whatever that is worth, has also been much higher each year and he has thrown for far more yards per start.

Admittedly, their completion % and YPA are pretty much identical.

Still, they are by no stretch even. There does not exist a category that Manuel has been better than Glennon in, while Glennon has been decidedly better in nearly every category. Glennon has been better, plain and simple. By a country mile? No. But the difference is more than negligible.

Consider the competition level Glennon faces in the NFC South vs what he'd see in the AFC East.

The jury is in on Glennon - he is not good. He is bad. He sucks and he has been benched multiple times.

I repeat again - replacing EJ with Glennon is the definition of spinning wheels. If we are going to sift around for other people's back ups there are far, far better options than Mike Glennon. What people see in him I have no idea - the production is not there.

Because some people seem to like Mike Glennon. Why? I have no freaking idea.

Look, I am not a Glennon proponent. I just think he is better than EJ Manuel. In fact, of course he is. Look at Glennon's numbers in his second year- he improved over his first year. What a novel concept. He was mysteriously benched in favor of Josh McCown in a move that many questioned. We will have to agree to disagree that the verdict is on Glennon. The last time he played (2014), he wasn't bad at all for a second year starter. EJ Manuel was about as bad as a second year starter could possibly be.

Look, I am not a Glennon proponent. I just think he is better than EJ Manuel. In fact, of course he is. Look at Glennon's numbers in his second year- he improved over his first year. What a novel concept. He was mysteriously benched in favor of Josh McCown in a move that many questioned. We will have to agree to disagree that the verdict is on Glennon. The last time he played (2014), he wasn't bad at all for a second year starter. EJ Manuel was about as bad as a second year starter could possibly be.

I am not defending EJ. But you are miles out on Glennon. He is crap. The difference is minimal.

And how did Glennon improve exactly in year 2? Was it his completion percentage? No that fell and was worse than EJ has had any year he has appeared.

Maybe it was his TD-INT ratio? No that got worse as well and was exactly the same in year 2 as guess who? EJ Manuel.

Even his Passer Rating was worse in year 2. The ONLY area Glennon improved in year 2 was ypa - and you can thank Mike Evans for that.

EJ sucks... but he sucks about the same as Mike Glennon who is a bad Quarterback.

Edited by GunnerBill