Jets LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson retiring

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with this. There's 3 reasons a team tries to jump up 20 spots to #1: QB, QB, and QB.

This is the smart thing to do. You avoid blowing all available cap space on Fitz, pick up a real franchise QB, and there's an inordinately large bust rate for OTs picked in the top 5.

Just heard an interesting perspective on the Cowherd show, he is saying how teams are changing their thoughts on drafting oline so early. With the new CBA agreement teams and players have no contact for 16 weeks (4 months) a year. NFL executives are saying instead of being able to get them up to speed in their first season it's

taking 2-3 years.

Jets dealing Wilkerson as part of a package to get up to #1? The Titans could use him on that D.

Good grief if the Jets get Wentz. Fitz sent the dominoes in motion. This will make the Browns nervous.

@AlbertBreer

Jets will have LT options at 20, but don't assume they wait til the draft. Could look at trading for Ryan Clady, Joe Thomas or Luke Joeckel.

It would be hilarious if it cost them a draft pick and MORE dollars than Ferguson was due. Maybe should have left well enough alone? (No idea what the potential replacement deals look like, but that would be hysterical!)

This is nothing but a loss for the Jets, even if they do now sign Fitz. I'm never going to cry over one of our opponents getting weaker. He was a solid dude for 10 years never missing a snap. They can't easily replace that kind of performance. He's a smart guy so should do well in his next career.

Fergusson for Fitz

can't think of a more graphic example of a lose-lose situation.

I think the conversation went like this:

Jets GM: "Hey Brick, we really want to bring back that sorry-ass Amish pick machine because the other option is Geno and ... *clears throat* ... So anyway, you would be putting your body on the line every week blocking for Picks.. Errr I mean FITZ. It will all be worth it when you see your paycheck, which will be significantly lower but it's all good in the hood, right man? I mean, Picks - gahhhh FITZ - is worth it when you really think about how bad Geno is and..."

Brick: "That movie Concussion is starting to hit home all of a sudden...getting a little bit of a headache..."

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just heard an interesting perspective on the Cowherd show, he is saying how teams are changing their thoughts on drafting oline so early. With the new CBA agreement teams and players have no contact for 16 weeks (4 months) a year. NFL executives are saying instead of being able to get them up to speed in their first season it's

taking 2-3 years.

It is why some teams,spend a lot of time in interviews testing their football knowledge.

Bills players OG John Miller, RB Karlos Williams and CB Darby all said in interviews that Bills spent a lot of time with them asking them to diagram and diagnose plays in pre draft interviews.

I agree with this. There's 3 reasons a team tries to jump up 20 spots to #1: QB, QB, and QB.

This is the smart thing to do. You avoid blowing all available cap space on Fitz, pick up a real franchise QB, and there's an inordinately large bust rate for OTs picked in the top 5.

And a very high bust rate for QBs too.

I want Fitz to also retire! :D

No he should talk to Denver and say he will take less than Jets were going to pay since there will be no OT to protect him.

I think the conversation went like this:

Jets GM: "Hey Brick, we really want to bring back that sorry-ass Amish pick machine because the other option is Geno and ... *clears throat* ... So anyway, you would be putting your body on the line every week blocking for Picks.. Errr I mean FITZ. It will all be worth it when you see your paycheck, which will be significantly lower but it's all good in the hood, right man? I mean, Picks - gahhhh FITZ - is worth it when you really think about how bad Geno is and..."

Brick: "That movie Concussion is starting to hit home all of a sudden...getting a little bit of a headache..."

Better response: You front office are idiots since you are disrespecting your own players. I am out of here, good luck with collecting back bonuses for NFLPLA will take you to court if you try.

It is why some teams,spend a lot of time in interviews testing their football knowledge.

Bills players OG John Miller, RB Karlos Williams and CB Darby all said in interviews that Bills spent a lot of time with them asking them to diagram and diagnose plays in pre draft interviews.

And a very high bust rate for QBs too.

No he should talk to Denver and say he will take less than Jets were going to pay since there will be no OT to protect him.

Better response: You front office are idiots since you are disrespecting your own players. I am out of here, good luck with collecting back bonuses for NFLPLA will take you to court if you try.

I thought it was more like

Did you just call me Brick? That's not my name.

And did you really just say " good in the hood" ?

because that is what i heard you say... and that is just weird.

I'm out

peace

He is still under contract with the Jets.

Personally, with this being how players react to these types of their team's requests, I can't wait for the Patriots to ask Tom Brady to take a pay cut, and he retires.

It HAS to happen SOMEDAY, RIGHT?????

Don't want to see them with Thomas. Clady or Joeckel...fine by me.

Thomas is getting old.

Of note, after his rookie season, the Browns would win more than 5 games a year only 1 more time in Thomas's career. The Browns passed on Adrian Peterson to take Thomas....

Another guy who earned serious dollars in his career and just doesn't need football any more. Good for him. And good for us!

An acquaintance of mine knows his family really well and has known D'Brick since he was a baby. He told me that they are absolutely wonderful people. If I recall his mom is a nurse.

I noticed that D'Brick never really played with a mean streak. He was probably too normal for that. :)

I wish him health, good luck, and happiness.