B/R: Broncos have inquired about Tyrod

I don't assume anything, just laying out the scenarios. Tyrod may be the best QB to ever play the game and he might be one simple scheme tweak from irrelevance.

(I.e. dropped safeties to sidelines, pin him in the pocket without collapsing and lbs in run support, don't worry about the entire middle.)

No matter how low key TT is, his handler threw Rex and the defense under a bus. So weighing all the outcomes is a must

"No matter how low key TT is, his handler threw Rex and the defense under a bus. So weighing all the outcomes is a must"

That was just the truth, same thing every poster on this board has said. Rex is a clown,a nd the defense sucked. They certainly got more out of TT than anyone expected.

I just read this whole thread and while I'm not advocating for trading Taylor I'm not against it either. I don't know if he will be the next superstar QB or just be an average middle of the road kind of QB but I do know that I'm more than concerned about his physicality/health, and I believe that I'm not alone on this either. Whaley and Ryan expressed that they want him to be more protective of himself or he won't last. I liked some of the ideas that some here suggested and putting bits and pieces together of several of your suggestions there could be a feasible and reasonable scenarios.

First off if the Bills are enarmored with any of the young prospects in this draft like Paxton Lynch or Cardale Jones then I believe then could end uo with one of them AND still have a 1st rd pick by trading Taylor.

Kubuak and Broncos like Taylor, this is known but to what extent? I believe that if they liked him enough for now and for their future than their 1st rd pick this year can be had. Someone also mentioned Clady. I like that idea and I'm sure that the Broncos would more than happy to unload him, we'd actually be doing them a favor. Their 1st rd pick and Clady for Taylor and a mid rd pick (3rd or 4th?) Back to them. They can't get a quality QB for less than that. They are too far back in the draft, the cost would be astronomical, and a drafted prospect will take too long to develope.

I could be wrong but I think that Fitzpatrick really liked his time here in Buffalo. Someone suggested him and once again I like this suggestion. Fitz would be a great stop gap and mentor for whoever the Bills get with one of their 1st rd picks. In the process the Bills would really solidify the right side of their OL with Clady and they would still be able to secure a quality defensive player with their other 1st rd pick.

I don't ever remember Jim Kelly ever getting involved with his input on personel like he has lately on this year's QB prospects. It's no secret that him and Elway are pretty close, same draft class and all. It wouldn't hurt to have Jimbo try and use some influence here.

I don't believe that Elway and the Brincos are caught this much off guard and unprepared about their QB situation. I don't know what it is but they are definitely up to something. Speaking about being up to something I have been expecting Whaley to be pulling off some kind of big move still. Maybe he is just waiting until the draft or something but I don't believe that their are unable to do anything because of the salary cap situation. The salary cap can be manipulated and I'm just waiting for Whaley to do this but I think that he can only make 1 big move and he is just waiting for the right timing. While the Bills are suddeningly lacking unexpevted depth they still do have good starters for the most part, hence all the second tier FAs. Resolving the right side of the OL in a scenario likje this is just an added bonus but also being able to still take advantage of this draft defensively is huge.

There hasn't been anything that has been said or indicated by any of the front office that leads me to believe that any of them have any kind of great faith in Taylor. Someone mentioned earlier to sell high and before anything is proven about Taylor's talent and ability. Once again I like and agree with this thinking, I think that they are spot on.

You do realize their 1st round pick is 32? That does not interest me at all. Better be a lot more to it than that pick and washed-up o-lineman.

Edited by CSBill

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"No matter how low key TT is, his handler threw Rex and the defense under a bus. So weighing all the outcomes is a must"

That was just the truth, same thing every poster on this board has said. Rex is a clown,a nd the defense sucked. They certainly got more out of TT than anyone expected.

You do realize their 1st round pick is 32? That does not interest me at all. Better be a lot more to it than that pick and washed-up o-lineman.

It's pretty clear the Bills like Paxton Lynch, given that they had a private dinner with him before his pro day. They may trade up ahead of the Rams trading away their second round pick.

I think Denver's probably going to wait till draft day to trade for either Kapearnick or Taylor. If the Bills trade up plans to draft Lynch go through then they would probably get Denver's #32 pick (or someone else's second round pick in a trade). Then they would have a very good QB prospect and save 20 million a year in cap space for the next 4-5 years.

Taylor was a nice story, but him and his 20 passing TDs aren't all that. I'd be fine if the Bills pulled that trade off. Would anyone here fear the Bills playing against Taylor right now? He simply just isn't at that super contract level and if he's going to sulk and wish he were elsewhere the Bills should probably do the deal of drafting Lynch and trading Taylor. If the trade falls through then the consolation is a motivated Taylor playing his contract year. Win win for the Bills IMO.

So the Champs want our QB but some here do not......interesting

They also just acquired the sanchize. So I'm not sure your foundation here is rock solid. I like tyrod but this is always a pretty silly line of logic.

Next year's first (which is likely low pick), and this years 32nd isn't enough to get them up into the top 10. I can't see a team doing that trade.

Denver needs a reasonably developed QB right away. AND, they might like a QB from this draft, but they might not want to waste a season developing him. I already laid this out in previous posts.

Sammy is gonna leave after his first deal is up anyway.

Moved on from "I don't know, he just seems off, and isn't very good compared to the other top WR's" to "he is going to the highest bidder, so who cares" I see. Did Sammy kick your dog or something?

As for Tyrod, there is no way the Bills trade him. Everyone here is obviously skeptical, but this team isn't in rebuilding mode, and there is no way we give away our QB, and throw a rookie into the fire in September.

So the Broncos are interested in Tyrod Taylor.

I'm sure they're interested in Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson and Tom Brady also.

I also seem to remember that Tyrod's agent is unhappy with the negotiations so far? That was reported a few days ago. Hmmmmmm..........

I'm sure they're interested in Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson and Tom Brady also.

I also seem to remember that Tyrod's agent is unhappy with the negotiations so far? That was reported a few days ago. Hmmmmmm..........

:lol: But the Packers aren't in "win now" mode! They could make a killing off trading their only QB to the SB Champ Broncos, and grab one cheap in the draft! it would be brilliant!

Edited by What a Tuel

Aaron Rodgers is 32 years old. I'd listen.

Fair point.

"That was just the truth, same thing every poster on this board has said. "

it's unprofessional of an agent to do that in public, No matter how true it is. Its nearly a temper tantrum.... Saying it privately is one thing... Blasting it to the media is another. I understand it's an approach to building client loyalty, but it's a tacky one. Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Fair point.

it's unprofessional of an agent to do that in public, No matter how true it is. Its nearly a temper tantrum.... Saying it privately is one thing... Blasting it to the media is another. I understand it's an approach to building client loyalty, but it's a tacky one.

imo his agent crossed the line with bashing the defense and discipline as to why the team didn't make the playoffs, essentially throwing his teammates and coaches under the bus and saying that TT didn't contribute to any of the losses (he was "exceptional).. It is really poor form to do so and if I am his client I would be mortified even it were true which IMO it isn't. There were different reasons each loss was a loss. Defense, discipline, TT, injuries, and other factors all contributed. Edited by YoloinOhio

imo his agent crossed the line with bashing the defense and discipline as to why the team didn't make the playoffs, essentially throwing his teammates and coaches under the bus and saying that TT didn't contribute to any of the losses (he was "exceptional).. It is really poor form to do so and if I am his client I would be mortified even it were true which IMO it isn't. There were different reasons each loss was a loss. Defense, discipline, TT, injuries, and other factors all contributed.

I'd fire the guy unless he got my ok in advance to do so... Which I wonder about

Agents are slimy, vile and despicable at best

All I know about agents is Jerry McGuire and what's reported in the media... But perpetuating an industry by layering on complexity to what could be a very simple transaction merely to ensure Self preservation is contrary to my nature.

Edit* perpetuating I guess I had perpetrating in my head from Schopp bulldog stream

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

I'd fire the guy unless he got my ok in advance to do so... Which I wonder about

I am thinking on this too. No matter what it still reflect upon TT.

Either he is NOT taking charge of the matter. not good

Or

this is his alternate ego bad

I am a huge Tyrod fan. But negotiations a year early on a one year starter at QB are silly.

Unless he will say accept no guaranteed $$$$$ in the deal.