B/R: Broncos have inquired about Tyrod

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd listen to what they have to say.

1. Denver is clearly a decent QB from repeat title runs with that defense, so they may be willing to give up the farm.

2. Tyrod may be 1 year away from leaving anyway and may refuse to sign with Bills if he knows starting gig in Denver with his old OC awaits him. If you got the choice to stay in buffalo or go to Denver, what would you choose???

3. The bills win now moment may have passed. Team is staying in buffalo and the roster talent may have already peaked.

4. no one should have a clearer understanding of how much upside Taylor has at this point, so if you sell high, because you know something others do not, you maximize the value.

So if Denver gave up this year and next years #1, or something more, do you start considering it?

I think you always listen to every offer unless you are 100% certain that TT is a franchise QB of the caliber of someone like Big Ben. If Denver would trade 2 first round picks and 2 second round or something of that nature, I would listen. And I agree with you, they may be willing to trade the farm for TT. And TT's agent seems quite pissed at the Bills, so it's possible that TT has made up his mind that the Bills would have to outbid everyone after this season, something they likely won't be able to do.

I think you always listen to every offer unless you are 100% certain that TT is a franchise QB of the caliber of someone like Big Ben. If Denver would trade 2 first round picks and 2 second round or something of that nature, I would listen. And I agree with you, they may be willing to trade the farm for TT. And TT's agent seems quite pissed at the Bills, so it's possible that TT has made up his mind that the Bills would have to outbid everyone after this season, something they likely won't be able to do.

If Denver was going to trade 2 1s and 2 2s, they should target Brady, not Tyrod

The Bills has something like 45 mil in cap space next year. Tyrod will get paid if he plays well. Also they can franchise him

The Bills has something like 45 mil in cap space next year. Tyrod will get paid if he plays well. Also they can franchise him

And he could hold out refusing to sign the tag... I mean all sorts of ugly could happen in addition to what sounds like a real prick of an agent in the mix.

Jus saying- what do we really know about Tyrod? To this point he has proven himself to a Doug Flutie level in an almost whole season.

If one says there is no price worth a Tyrod trade, well that is just irrational.

Aaron Rodgers is probably the only QB in the NFL I'd hang up the phone on trade inquiries without at least asking what the best offer would be.

And he could hold out refusing to sign the tag... I mean all sorts of ugly could happen in addition to what sounds like a real prick of an agent in the mix.

Jus saying- what do we really know about Tyrod? To this point he has proven himself to a Doug Flutie level in an almost whole season.

If one says there is no price worth a Tyrod trade, well that is just irrational.

Aaron Rodgers is probably the only QB in the NFL I'd hang up the phone on trade inquiries without at least asking what the best offer would be.

Why do you assume the worst? The Bills will pay Tyrod if he plays to a high level. They simply do not have the cap space to pay him now.

Tyrod seems like such a low key guy. The once asked him what he does in his free time and he said cooking. I'm sure he will hold the Bills ransom :rolleyes:

Why do you assume the worst? The Bills will pay Tyrod if he plays to a high level. They simply do not have the cap space to pay him now.

Tyrod seems like such a low key guy. The once asked him what he does in his free time and he said cooking. I'm sure he will hold the Bills ransom :rolleyes:

I don't assume anything, just laying out the scenarios. Tyrod may be the best QB to ever play the game and he might be one simple scheme tweak from irrelevance.

(I.e. dropped safeties to sidelines, pin him in the pocket without collapsing and lbs in run support, don't worry about the entire middle.)

No matter how low key TT is, his handler threw Rex and the defense under a bus. So weighing all the outcomes is a must

Aaron Rodgers is 32 years old. I'd listen.

Which is why the Bills will be drafting a QB this year as well. In his situation, refusing to sign a tag that pays him 20M+ guaranteed dollars is stupid. He gains nothing by doing it except becoming a year older (He would be 29 by the 2018 season) and 20M poorer. The agent is doing his job by trying to get his player paid today rather than waiting until tomorrow. If TT gets hurt or stinks there is no big payday, hence try to accelerate the process. Don't be shocked if he's not at camp for a week or three this year. Refusing to play is the only leverage they have and it sends the signal that he'll hold out again if tagged. It doesn't mean it will work, but don't be shocked if it happens.

I'm not sure TBD has decided who is the better QB

yes but what exactly is he cooking? see , details and context matter. He could be cooking up drugs, some ones brains, or a scheme. you just do not know with this guy. Very shifty. Too quiet.

Nope ! you always answer the phone.

You never know..

Which is why the Bills will be drafting a QB this year as well. In his situation, refusing to sign a tag that pays him 20M+ guaranteed dollars is stupid. He gains nothing by doing it except becoming a year older (He would be 29 by the 2018 season) and 20M poorer. The agent is doing his job by trying to get his player paid today rather than waiting until tomorrow. If TT gets hurt or stinks there is no big payday, hence try to accelerate the process. Don't be shocked if he's not at camp for a week or three this year. Refusing to play is the only leverage they have and it sends the signal that he'll hold out again if tagged. It doesn't mean it will work, but don't be shocked if it happens.

I think TT has less leverage than his agent thinks.

My main concern , outside of his play this coming year, is how much of Tyrods ear can be bent by this agent man.

@jchenelly

The #Broncos asked the #Bills last month if @TyrodTaylor could be acquired this offseason. Price not at all discussed. The Bills said no.

Chenelly has tweeted about TT several times lately. Whoever is feeding him info seems to want it known that TT is valued by the Bills. He is shooting at TT's agent left and right.

Chenelly has tweeted about TT several times lately. Whoever is feeding him info seems to want it known that TT is valued by the Bills. He is shooting at TT's agent left and right.

he has a source somewhere at OBD (seems like a FO person who deals with contracts based on the stuff he tweets out) and he also may have a source with TT, he seemed very high on him before anyone else did. Not saying he's some great source himself, but he's had info in the past.

Yes. A team that hasn't made playoffs in 17 years and needs more than just solid QB play to get over the hump is in a different place than a Super Bowl champ who won with mediocre/solid QB play. Not saying you trade Taylor, but also don't think he'll ever be a top 10 franchise type QB. Maybe Bills think Lynch can be that guy. Here's another hypothetical... Would Bills win any less games with Fitz at QB next year than Taylor?

Denver just won the SB. The Bills......well, you know the meter is running.

Buffalo has more pressure to win. the Broncos have higher expectations.

Isn't this the same guy who was convinced a "football czar" was on the way? :lol:

I just read this whole thread and while I'm not advocating for trading Taylor I'm not against it either. I don't know if he will be the next superstar QB or just be an average middle of the road kind of QB but I do know that I'm more than concerned about his physicality/health, and I believe that I'm not alone on this either. Whaley and Ryan expressed that they want him to be more protective of himself or he won't last. I liked some of the ideas that some here suggested and putting bits and pieces together of several of your suggestions there could be a feasible and reasonable scenarios.

First off if the Bills are enarmored with any of the young prospects in this draft like Paxton Lynch or Cardale Jones then I believe then could end uo with one of them AND still have a 1st rd pick by trading Taylor.

Kubuak and Broncos like Taylor, this is known but to what extent? I believe that if they liked him enough for now and for their future than their 1st rd pick this year can be had. Someone also mentioned Clady. I like that idea and I'm sure that the Broncos would more than happy to unload him, we'd actually be doing them a favor. Their 1st rd pick and Clady for Taylor and a mid rd pick (3rd or 4th?) Back to them. They can't get a quality QB for less than that. They are too far back in the draft, the cost would be astronomical, and a drafted prospect will take too long to develope.

I could be wrong but I think that Fitzpatrick really liked his time here in Buffalo. Someone suggested him and once again I like this suggestion. Fitz would be a great stop gap and mentor for whoever the Bills get with one of their 1st rd picks. In the process the Bills would really solidify the right side of their OL with Clady and they would still be able to secure a quality defensive player with their other 1st rd pick.

I don't ever remember Jim Kelly ever getting involved with his input on personel like he has lately on this year's QB prospects. It's no secret that him and Elway are pretty close, same draft class and all. It wouldn't hurt to have Jimbo try and use some influence here.

I don't believe that Elway and the Brincos are caught this much off guard and unprepared about their QB situation. I don't know what it is but they are definitely up to something. Speaking about being up to something I have been expecting Whaley to be pulling off some kind of big move still. Maybe he is just waiting until the draft or something but I don't believe that their are unable to do anything because of the salary cap situation. The salary cap can be manipulated and I'm just waiting for Whaley to do this but I think that he can only make 1 big move and he is just waiting for the right timing. While the Bills are suddeningly lacking unexpevted depth they still do have good starters for the most part, hence all the second tier FAs. Resolving the right side of the OL in a scenario likje this is just an added bonus but also being able to still take advantage of this draft defensively is huge.

There hasn't been anything that has been said or indicated by any of the front office that leads me to believe that any of them have any kind of great faith in Taylor. Someone mentioned earlier to sell high and before anything is proven about Taylor's talent and ability. Once again I like and agree with this thinking, I think that they are spot on.

I just read this whole thread and while I'm not advocating for trading Taylor I'm not against it either. I don't know if he will be the next superstar QB or just be an average middle of the road kind of QB but I do know that I'm more than concerned about his physicality/health, and I believe that I'm not alone on this either. Whaley and Ryan expressed that they want him to be more protective of himself or he won't last. I liked some of the ideas that some here suggested and putting bits and pieces together of several of your suggestions there could be a feasible and reasonable scenarios.

First off if the Bills are enarmored with any of the young prospects in this draft like Paxton Lynch or Cardale Jones then I believe then could end uo with one of them AND still have a 1st rd pick by trading Taylor.

Kubuak and Broncos like Taylor, this is known but to what extent? I believe that if they liked him enough for now and for their future than their 1st rd pick this year can be had. Someone also mentioned Clady. I like that idea and I'm sure that the Broncos would more than happy to unload him, we'd actually be doing them a favor. Their 1st rd pick and Clady for Taylor and a mid rd pick (3rd or 4th?) Back to them. They can't get a quality QB for less than that. They are too far back in the draft, the cost would be astronomical, and a drafted prospect will take too long to develope.

I could be wrong but I think that Fitzpatrick really liked his time here in Buffalo. Someone suggested him and once again I like this suggestion. Fitz would be a great stop gap and mentor for whoever the Bills get with one of their 1st rd picks. In the process the Bills would really solidify the right side of their OL with Clady and they would still be able to secure a quality defensive player with their other 1st rd pick.

I don't ever remember Jim Kelly ever getting involved with his input on personel like he has lately on this year's QB prospects. It's no secret that him and Elway are pretty close, same draft class and all. It wouldn't hurt to have Jimbo try and use some influence here.

I don't believe that Elway and the Brincos are caught this much off guard and unprepared about their QB situation. I don't know what it is but they are definitely up to something. Speaking about being up to something I have been expecting Whaley to be pulling off some kind of big move still. Maybe he is just waiting until the draft or something but I don't believe that their are unable to do anything because of the salary cap situation. The salary cap can be manipulated and I'm just waiting for Whaley to do this but I think that he can only make 1 big move and he is just waiting for the right timing. While the Bills are suddeningly lacking unexpevted depth they still do have good starters for the most part, hence all the second tier FAs. Resolving the right side of the OL in a scenario likje this is just an added bonus but also being able to still take advantage of this draft defensively is huge.

There hasn't been anything that has been said or indicated by any of the front office that leads me to believe that any of them have any kind of great faith in Taylor. Someone mentioned earlier to sell high and before anything is proven about Taylor's talent and ability. Once again I like and agree with this thinking, I think that they are spot on.

So you are proposing Tyrod Taylor to the Broncos for their 1st round pick, 2nd round pick and Clady?? Then, we should sign Fitzpatrick to "groom and teach" our new rookie QB??

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2631064-tyrod-taylor-trade-rumors-latest-news-buzz-speculation-surrounding-bills-qb

Tried hard to make it a clickable link - not sure what the issue is, I thought TBD allowed B/R these days.

yeah they are nuts, sure are desperate for a QB.

Unless they trade up for Wentz and send him to us for TT no deal. We finally have a serviceable QB and would be foolish to get rid of him until someone better comes along.

Isn't this the same guy who was convinced a "football czar" was on the way? :lol:

I recall he said the Bills wanted one. Then Polian came out and said he wasn't interested. Chennelly said Pegulas still wanted one but were now moving in a different direction. That's the only prediction / scoop I recall him not hitting on. There's been other stuff that seems impossible for him to have known about without some real sources. But who knows...I'll keep watching him.

I recall he said the Bills wanted one. Then Polian came out and said he wasn't interested. Chennelly said Pegulas still wanted one but were now moving in a different direction. That's the only prediction / scoop I recall him not hitting on. There's been other stuff that seems impossible for him to have known about without some real sources. But who knows...I'll keep watching him.

Didn't buy it when it was 1st reported and I don't buy it now.