Your all time favorite movie

Can't name just 1 favorite. I too have multiple categories, but also sometimes doesn't matter. Favorites are favorites. Here's part of my top 10

The Usual Suspects-hands down the most amazing storyline ever. Best ending ever

Any Given Sunday- i like this movie more and more every time I watch it

Talladega Nights- the comedy between Farrell and Riley is amazing

Grandmas Boy- another comedy that does t get enough credit

Avatar- for shear amazement. But I'll say without IMAX and 3D it doesn't hold up as much

Inglorious Bastards- I hate Tarentino for the political sides he's taken but this movie is amazing

A Few Good Men- I've got no words. Just a great movie

Serendipity- such a great love story. Anything John Cusak does is pure gold and Kate Beckinsale ain't rough to look at

The Departed- has everything you could want out of a mafia standpoint. Also has amazing acting from Leonardo Dicaprio

Thank You For Smoking- for those that don't know this movie (and there are many of you), go watch it

Catch Me If You Can- Hanks and Dicaprio are amazing. The fact that it's based on a true story is awesome as well

Honorable mentions:

Godfather 1&2

The Gangs of New York- again with Dicaprio. Notice a theme here? Yeah, it's that Dicaprio is a really good actor

American Sniper

Hurt Locker

The Goonies

A Christmas Story

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation

As I said before, anything with John Cusak so:

Better Off Dead

One Crazy Summer

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh **** I forgot John Wick easily one of the best action movies recently to come out. The story is perfect and The action is perfect, with the way he must either break every neck, or shoot the guy in the head just to be 100% sure no matter what.

The Godfather I & II

12 angry men (the original and the remake)

Cube

12 Monkeys

The Big Lebowski

Kingpin

Black Rain

Serenity

Silverado

Time Bandits

Blow

and many, many more.

Any Mel Brooks movie, they're all great. Loved Silent Movie....the only spoken words in the movie are by a mime, genius.

American Sniper

Better Off Dead

The Hollywood Knights

Godfather I and II

Goodfellas

Airplane

Inglorious Bastards-Pulp Fiction-Reservoir Dogs (Tarentino is generally an a$$ but he does make interesting movies)

The Jerk

The incredible Mr. Limpet and The Reluctant Astronaut

I'm sure there's more but those are off the top of my head.

Edited by flomoe

Can't name just 1 favorite. I too have multiple categories, but also sometimes doesn't matter. Favorites are favorites. Here's part of my top 10

Avatar- for shear amazement. But I'll say without IMAX and 3D it doesn't hold up as much

Inglorious Bastards- I hate Tarentino for the political sides he's taken but this movie is amazing

Serendipity- such a great love story. Anything John Cusak does is pure gold and Kate Beckinsale ain't rough to look at

The Departed- has everything you could want out of a mafia standpoint. Also has amazing acting from Leonardo Dicaprio

Thank You For Smoking- for those that don't know this movie (and there are many of you), go watch it

Catch Me If You Can- Hanks and Dicaprio are amazing. The fact that it's based on a true story is awesome as well

Honorable mentions:

Godfather 1&2

The Gangs of New York- again with Dicaprio. Notice a theme here? Yeah, it's that Dicaprio is a really good actor

American Sniper

Hurt Locker

The Goonies

A Christmas Story

Better Off Dead

One Crazy Summer

Could not agree more my friend.

Thank you for smoking is one of my all time favorites

CBF

As far as "just great humor," is concerned, I would highly suggest, "Tucker and Dale vs. Evil." My son stumbled upon it and we both got sucked in. We've probably watched it a dozen times, since.

Funny as hell.

And I believe they're working on a sequel.

"Favorite" threads never make it past the first page before turning into "every really good one you can think of" threads.

Wow, really? The book I can understand, but I've never heard of the movie being talked about that highly.

Loved it.....and a lot of those actors went on to have very successful careers.....

I am a big Molly Ringwald fan

Honorable mentions:

Godfather 1&2

American Sniper

Hurt Locker

The Goonies

A Christmas Story

Better Off Dead

One Crazy Summer

Good list!

"I want my Two Dollars"