NFL Network on Tyrod: Bills won't pay him. Pay the man!

https://www.nfl.com/now/10103061-7033-0000-0064-7126e9077248?campaign=fb-nf-sf23228098-sf23228098

On a segment about three players primed to take off in 2016, Tyrod Taylor was #2 on the list. But note the verbal headline from hosts Coleen Wolfe and Michael Robinson about 30 seconds in.

"He wants to get paid but the Bills don't want to pay him. Pay the man! Pay the man!"

So while we all know the details of Tyrod and the Bills...the Bills cap situation, Tyrod still having to prove himself, etc, etc, the media has reduced it to a "Bills are cheap" soundbite. So now everyone who isn't a Bills fan has this impression of his situation.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll get paid if he can prove he is not a 1 year wonder.

This is one of about 1000 reasons I just do not watch sports commentary anymore

Na, the Bills will just wait until he has a really good season and his value skyrockets before they pay him. Always slow to the punch, that's why the Bills are the Bills

Yeah you mean like Fitzpatrick ?

This thread isn't so much about paying Tyrod. It's about how the natiomal media is painting this as a "Bills are cheap" story

It's a silly argument when considering the Bills' current cap predicament and the national media is not promoting that narrative at all. Robinson is a single voice in the wind who just happens to be a strong personal advocate for Tyrod since they are from the same area of VA. The Bills are already on the record with strong support of Tyrod and have said they would be happy to pay him what he's worth.

This thread isn't so much about paying Tyrod. It's about how the natiomal media is painting this as a "Bills are cheap" story

How do they justify painting the Bills as cheap when they had one of the worst cap situations in the league?

Actually they don't say that Buffalo is cheap at all. They just say good things about him and keep saying "pay the man"..

This didn't need it's own thread.

This is non-news from the NFL network. Nothing more than an attempt at a headline grab. The Bills are roughly $6.8 million under the cap as we sit here today. To boot, they will need $5-$6 million to sign whomever they draft. Someone please explain where the money is supposed to come from. Also explain why. Tyrod ranked 30th in 4th quarter drives where the scores would matter in games according to one report I read. To boot, my eyes tell me that he's capable of only two types of throws. Short, under/screen type passes and bombs. Rarely do we see him throw a 9 yard pattern across the middle of the field. He looked good in some games last season and I'll give credit that he didn't throw a lot of picks. None the less, we need to see more before advocating that Buffalo find some magical way to pay him $18 million a year. Certainly not this year. At the end of the day, he signed a 3 year deal with the 3rd year voidable. Decent season last year, but now he's playing for his next contract. I want to see more before pulling the trigger on a long term commitment.

They were saying the same things about Russell Wilson for two years. That he had won the SB but was the third highest paid QB ... On his own team. It was laughable at first because he wasn't even eligible for an extension yet. But a lot of people didn't know that so NFLN squawked about it anyway because they cater to soundbites than can be tweeted out and clicked.