Kevin Hogan

Something tells me that the Bills will draft him in the 3rd round this year. Whaley said that he is the most NFL ready QB in the draft and he fits the offensive system. I see him as a poor mans Andrew Luck and I have a real good feeling about Him. I like Tyrod, but I don't know if he has enough to get us to the promise land. I think Hogan will be special.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we take a QB until the 4th. Maybe then they take him with our supplemental pick if he's there, but I doubt we go QB with and of the first three or four selections. They are also rumored to like Dak Prescott, the same Dak Prescott who just got himself into some off the field trouble and will likely be able to be had much later in the draft.

Why do we need the most NFL ready qb

I dont agree with this

Your QBs for this next year are in place.....as much as people dislike EJ Manuel when you compare him to OTHER backup QBs his stats compare pretty well.

What needs to be considered is AFTER this next year.....Manuel will be gone....Tyrod will have his contract......and the QB we pick this year needs to capabably backup in year 2

I dont agree with this

Your QBs for this next year are in place.....as much as people dislike EJ Manuel when you compare him to OTHER backup QBs his stats compare pretty well.

What needs to be considered is AFTER this next year.....Manuel will be gone....Tyrod will have his contract......and the QB we pick this year needs to capabably backup in year 2

Agree

If Paxton lynch falls to us there will be many trade down options to be had. Or we draft him and let him sit behind Taylor. If Taylor has bad year we have insurance policy. If he had great year and demands high money we have "leverage" with lynch

Sounds like great way to ensure a "QB controversy". Which can disrupt both QBs development and if that happens we'll be stuck with neither of them being a franchise QB IMO.

Usually the most NFL ready QB is not even close to being ready so still good to draft one. I'd love to get a really nice prospect in the 3rd and let him truly develop over a couple of years. It can't hurt and we are not that devoid of talent. We have enough talent on this team to start acting like a winning team and a QB every couple of years until we get the guy is the right move. I didn't say every year but every 2-3 years is not a mistake. At worst someone else covets them and you get draft picks a couple years down the road like NE and GB have done for over 15 years.

If Paxton lynch falls to us there will be many trade down options to be had. Or we draft him and let him sit behind Taylor. If Taylor has bad year we have insurance policy. If he had great year and demands high money we have "leverage" with lynch

Paxton Lynch is physically gifted, but even his assistant head coach has come out and said the offense was not that complex. Of course he will throw in at the end that he's "very capable of doing that" as seen below.

Memphis assistant head coach Darrell Dickey indicated that QB Paxton Lynch did not play in an offense that allowed much improvisation.

"We didn’t do a whole lot of checking at the line of scrimmage, no reading blitzes and making protection adjustments, but [Lynch]’s very capable of doing that," Dickey said.

Haven't we already done this before? The most nfl ready QB from 2007 apparently was Trent Edwards from... Stanford

I don't want anymore smart mediocre QB's. We should try something different and go for the dumbest QB in the draft

Haven't we already done this before? The most nfl ready QB from 2007 apparently was Trent Edwards from... Stanford

I don't want anymore smart mediocre QB's. We should try something different and go for the dumbest QB in the draft

Until Adrian Wilson put his lights out Trent was looking like a superstar in the making.

edit: Ok, superstar was a bit too heavy of a word in that situation, but he was trending in the right direction and looking like our possible QB of the future.

Edited by H2o

One important difference is that Hogan was a four year starter who has done nothing but win. Edwards lost far more games than he won. Hogan is also highly mobile and highly durable--both important qualities lacking in TE. But feel free to keep comparing them because they went to the same school almost a decade apart.

I dont agree with this

If I'm gambling I'm not going with the most NFL ready qb at the draft....I'm going with the qb I think has the highest ceiling that is available to me....if that is hogan then that's the guy....but I'm not drafting him solely on the idea that he can step in and play day 1 if needed....that's what veteran NFL qbs are for.

One important difference is that Hogan was a four year starter who has done nothing but win. Edwards lost far more games than he won. Hogan is also highly mobile and highly durable--both important qualities lacking in TE. But feel free to keep comparing them because they went to the same school almost a decade apart.

Both are labeled "smart QB's" that played in a pro style offense, have ideal nfl size, and were said to be steals of the draft. The similarities are there. I'll believe it when I see it when it comes to someone like this. I don't think he's worth the 2nd round pick it would take to get him. We need help at too many other positions

If I'm gambling I'm not going with the most NFL ready qb at the draft....I'm going with the qb I think has the highest ceiling that is available to me....if that is hogan then that's the guy....but I'm not drafting him solely on the idea that he can step in and play day 1 if needed....that's what veteran NFL qbs are for.

I agree. Someone like Paxton Lynch has higher ceiling. Or there's someone like Prescott who is a great athlete. Hogan is great at nothing

Both are labeled "smart QB's" that played in a pro style offense, have ideal nfl size,

You mean, like Andrew Luck? And I would be shocked if Hogan goes before late third or fourth round, and possibly as low as 5 or 6. Edited by mannc

You mean, like Andrew Luck? And I would be shocked if Hogan goes before late third or fourth round, and possibly as low as 5 or 6.

No those are the only positives you hear about Hogan whereas Andrew Luck was said to be the greatest prospect since Peyton Manning. If someone says that about Hogan then I'll say it's OK to draft him.