No progress toward TT extension per Carucci; agent unhappy

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair to Promo....there is in fact a cluster of posters who go out of their way to say Tyrod sucks even though the data doesnt support it.

At points during the season, definitely some. lately? few and far between.

Now.....I think Promo (who is a good poster jesus stop piling on him people) is taking it one step further and defending him from the "fence sitters"........heck...it looks to me like the bills organization are "fence sitters" right now as well and that is fine because Tyrod IS under contract.

I dont think its piling on when he keeps inserting himself and misreading or intentionally misrepresenting multiple peoples sentiment. that essentially all the main players in the conversation (and essentially all are pretty even keel dudes, not the wingnuts we sometimes see) are having to say it is more on him i think.

My own point of view? Tyrod Taylor is the real deal......he may not be a top 5 guy but he is definately a good QB....he brings things to the table that other QBs do not......and if he can just up his game in a couple of other areas this guy could be in the top 8 of the league quick.

i think a fair assessment. id say he has a pretty good shot but the foles, and RG3, and even kaepernicks of the league do leave me feeling like theres no rush to declare one way or the other as long as we have time (which we do) Edited by NoSaint

The reality is that the Bills cannot pay him now, even if they wanted to. I am not sure whether the Bills are hedging a bit in their public statements about TT in part because of this, or because they are not sure he really is the guy. I guess we will find out soon enough if the Bills take a QB in the first round of the draft.

The agent took an unnecessary shot with the lack of discipline comment, and it was clearly directed at management and the coaches. Who knows, he may be trying to precipitate a blow-up to get TT paid now, possibly by another team after a trade (I am sure that TT would find Denver to be an attractive landing spot). I do not see this happening because TT is under contract and the Bills have the leverage, but if the agent pushes TT to hold out, things would get interesting.

If I'm Taylor I'd fire my agent. Not because of the lack of a deal, but because he blamed coaching staff and defensive players for not making the playoffs. Whether it is true or not it is not the agents place to call out Taylor's team mates.

If I'm Taylor I'd fire my agent. Not because of the lack of a deal, but because he blamed coaching staff and defensive players for not making the playoffs. Whether it is true or not it is not the agents place to call out Taylor's team mates.

Yeah, the agent is really coming across like a douche. We all get it, you're trying to get a new deal for your client, but if I'm Tyrod I tell the guy to calm down with trashing my teammates and coaches.

Backup player to Pro Bowl who went because others declined; state whole thing or your argument is limp.

Does it really matter if he was a alternate selection? There are 32 teams in the NFL....how many QBs declined.....and does that really not make him worthy?

I personally hate how people DOWNPLAY the Pro Bowl bid like its a booby prize or something.....there was a reason why he went.

My god find a way to pay the man...he's fearless, determined and better than anyone they've had for a long time...dump Shady and Ej..they don't even come close to earning the money they make

Dumping EJ makes no sense - his money his guaranteed to be paid whether he is on roster or not.

Dumping Shady makes no sense because without strong running game Tyrod would not be as good.

Does it really matter if he was a alternate selection? There are 32 teams in the NFL....how many QBs declined.....and does that really not make him worthy?

I personally hate how people DOWNPLAY the Pro Bowl bid like its a booby prize or something.....there was a reason why he went.

Mixed bag - as i said in his website thread, i think he should be very proud of the honor and no shame in that. but 5 declined, and if i recall he was the last selected, which would put him 11th on the list. and i think drew brees at 68.7%, 4800 yards, 32 tds - 11 ints and a higher qb rating was probably a better choice to fill that 11th spot....

top third of the league for a season is an accomplishment, no doubt, but the probowl isnt the plateau to reach that it once may have been either.

Mixed bag - as i said in his website thread, i think he should be very proud of the honor and no shame in that. but 5 declined, and if i recall he was the last selected, which would put him 11th on the list. and i think drew brees at 68.7%, 4800 yards, 32 tds - 11 ints and a higher qb rating was probably a better choice to fill that 11th spot....

top third of the league for a season is an accomplishment, no doubt, but the probowl isnt the plateau to reach that it once may have been either.

I look at it more of a milestone then a plateau

"Yes I made the pro bowl in my 1st starting year"

"Lets do it again"

Because no one else wanted to, and he thought it might increase his market value?

5 QBs declined plus 1 alternate couldn't play(Dalton). Taylor was the 4th QB alternate. Basically he was 10th in voting. I like Tyrod but I think it's a bit much to hang your hat on being in the Pro Bowl if you were voted 10th at your position. I don't even really think the Pro Bowl is a good metric anymore. It's not what it used to be.

He was 4th alternate. Bridgewater and Winston were selected after him to replace Cam Newton and Carson Palmer.

5 QBs declined plus 1 alternate couldn't play(Dalton). Taylor was the 4th QB alternate. Basically he was 10th in voting. I like Tyrod but I think it's a bit much to hang your hat on being in the Pro Bowl if you were voted 10th at your position. I don't even really think the Pro Bowl is a good metric anymore. It's not what it used to be.

Unless he continues to go

Again by your numbers......

There are 32 NFL teams

The 6 above him didnt do it

Still put him above 2/3's of the QBs in the league

I also dont think it should be touted THAT MUCH because there are QBs that go once and never make it back......I do think that the fact he went in his 1st starting year says something.......and I think it says more if he goes back next year.

He was 4th alternate. Bridgewater and Winston were selected after him to replace Cam Newton and Carson Palmer.

so he was 9th (and id still maintain brees was ahead as a snub, but splitting hairs and getting away from the topic)

it was essentially a top third of the league honor. which is still an accomplishment but its not quite the same prestige to it. im not sure how someone could say otherwise (on the good or bad side)

Considering the Superbowl participants don't play and many others decline....being named to the Pro Bowl does not carry the same clout that it used to. I like Taylor and think he'll improve but do you think he is a "Pro Bowl" QB......and not just because he played in the game