No progress toward TT extension per Carucci; agent unhappy

I am confident in Whaley that he will have no problem paying TT next year if he plays as well as everyone expects

CBF

i agree. I also think his agent is annoying.

@siriusXMNFL

TT Agent @AdisaBakari: #Bills can do whatever they want but we hope soon they decide what they saw in '15 is small sample of what he can do.

Local media taking agent comments to mean the negotiations are going poorly.

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on OBD, Circumvent the Salary Cap to satisfy Tyrod's agent. Who cares about fines and forfeitures of draft picks?!? :rolleyes:

@JoeBuscaglia

Tyrod Taylor's agent ripped the #Bills today, showing just how far apart the sides are. My full thoughts on it here: https://t.co/G2t6PWX62n

If I'm Tyrod, I'm telling my agent to pull back on the reigns a bit

CBF

Come on OBD, Circumvent the Salary Cap to satisfy Tyrod's agent. Who cares about fines and forfeitures of draft picks?!? :rolleyes:

@JoeBuscaglia

Tyrod Taylor's agent ripped the #Bills today, showing just how far apart the sides are. My full thoughts on it here: https://t.co/G2t6PWX62n

This agent isn't just annoying, he's a complete idiot with no negotiation skills whatsoever.

He can't be hoping to score many clients when he goes around trashing his current clients' teammates and blatantly slamming a team's front office.

@siriusXMNFL

.@AdisaBakari on #Broncos Report: Won't discuss that but what Tyrod Taylor was able to do last yr wasn't something that just #Bills noticed.

Oh really? Well then who noticed, and how do you know? Go ahead, I dare you to answer...because any other team that told you that is tampering.

This agent isn't just annoying, he's a complete idiot with no negotiation skills whatsoever.

He can't be hoping to score many clients when he goes around trashing his current clients' teammates and blatantly slamming a team's front office.

He's the one who negotiated Tyrod's deal with the Bills and if he's po'ed....How bout gazing in the mirror at the idiot looking back at him?

Oh really? Well then who noticed, and how do you know? Go ahead, I dare you to answer...because any other team that told you that is tampering.

Whaley always says he won't negotiate through the media. He must think this guy is a clown. Keep it in house, bro. He's actually putting more pressure on his client because now everywhere TT goes (like his youth camp) he's being forced to answer questions about his contract. Edited by YoloinOhio

@JoeBuscaglia

Pegs should just do what Kraft did for Brady. Have Tyrod start his own business/LLC, and then "invest" a few million in the start-up.

He's the one who negotiated Tyrod's deal with the Bills and if he's po'ed....How bout gazing in the mirror at the idiot looking back at him?

Not only that, but the team gave him a voidable year at the end...imagine if they didn't and he had 2 years left on this deal.

Whaley always says he won't negotiate through the media. He must think this guy is a clown. Keep it in house, bro.

I'm sure he's laughing at this guy. The bottom line is that Tyrod's only leverage right now would be to hold out and try to force a trade, because he's not getting paid $15M/year or more from this team until next March at the earliest.

If the agent wants to grandstand and threaten a holdout, fine, go ahead and convince your guy to hold out. He'll be subject to fines for doing so, of course, which accomplishes the exact opposite of what you're trying to accomplish, which is to get him more money. He'll also fall behind his teammates in practice, which will hurt his performance when he finally does end his holdout, which he'll have to do in order to qualify for free agency next March.

If you're smart, he'll end his holdout before the season starts, because at least then he'll have time to catch up and show his stuff for 16 games. If you're as stupid as you're making yourself look here, then you'll tell him to stay away until after week 10, so that he can be available for the minimum time it takes to accrue a season. Of course, at that point he'll be so far behind that he probably won't get on the field, and if he does it most likely won't look good. That means you'll be in a position to enter FA without your client having played a meaningful snap of football in 20 months, and expecting to be paid like a franchise QB off of 14 starts...and that's if we decide NOT to franchise tag him.

Your move pal.

Edited by thebandit27

What are you guys talking about, this agent is exceptional! He guided his quarterback to a Sixth round draft status and ... oh wait he's a moron.

:lol: after watching that documentary on TT's pre-draft process, I'm surprised he didn't fire him

Maybe Tyrod and/or his agent think Wrex is a clown (like many here think), and like the idea of playing for Kubiak and the SB Champs?

Maybe the Broncos are offering something along the lines of what they offered Osweiler?

Maybe Kubiak and Taylor have a good relationship from their Baltimore days, and he believes in Tyrod?

Maybe the teams are trying to pull in a 3rd team, offering the Bills #1 and Broncos #1, to move up on Draft Day to select the guy they want (if he is there).

The Bills are looking at QB's that are expected to be selected high.

Lots of maybes, but nothing crazy, or unimaginable.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Maybe Tyrod and/or his agent think Wrex is a clown (like many here think), and like the idea of playing for Kubiak and the SB Champs? Fine...good luck getting out of here since the team owns his rights and can tag him next year too.

Maybe the Broncos are offering something along the lines of what they offered Osweiler? That would be tampering.

Maybe Kubiak and Taylor have a good relationship from their Baltimore days, and he believes in Tyrod? I'm sure that's true; it just happens to mean jack squat right now.

Maybe the teams are trying to pull in a 3rd team, offering the Bills #1 and Broncos #1, to move up on Draft Day to select the guy they want (if he is there). That seems far-fetched to me.

See responses above--JMO

Maybe Tyrod and/or his agent think Wrex is a clown (like many here think), and like the idea of playing for Kubiak and the SB Champs?

Maybe the Broncos are offering something along the lines of what they offered Osweiler?

Maybe Kubiak and Taylor have a good relationship from their Baltimore days, and he believes in Tyrod?

Maybe the teams are trying to pull in a 3rd team, offering the Bills #1 and Broncos #1, to move up on Draft Day to select the guy they want (if he is there).

Its not happening

Rex is one of Tyrod's biggest supporters and this issue has nothing to do with him. Utter nonsense.

Rex is one of Tyrod's biggest supporters and this issue has nothing to do with him. Utter nonsense.

Just because Wrex likes Tyrod, doesn't mean Tyrod thinks Wrex is a good coach, who is building a winner.

The quote from the agent about discipline and defense, pretty much laid it on Wrex.

According to the draft value chart, the Bills could get up around 7, 8, 9th pick range...San Fran, Philly, and Tampa, all NFC teams that wouldn't mind helping Denver or the Bills as much as an AFC team. I could easily see TB making that deal, they have a QB.

Edited by HoF Watkins

In case anyone's wondering, here's Chris Brown's opinion:

As for the likelihood of a trade like this happening between Buffalo and Denver I think it’s highly unlikely. The Broncos do not have a draft choice higher than the Bills in round one of this year’s draft to offer and with limited NFL ready quarterback options in the draft this year I can’t see the Bills parting with Taylor.

The Broncos inquired as a matter of due diligence even though they knew it was extremely unlikely that Buffalo would part with Taylor. The bottom line is Denver is desperate to find a viable answer at the position and they’re leaving no stone unturned.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2016/04/07/report-broncos-inquired-about-tyrod/