No progress toward TT extension per Carucci; agent unhappy

Just because Wrex likes Tyrod, doesn't mean Tyrod thinks Wrex is a good coach.

The quote from the agent about discipline and defense, pretty much laid it on Wrex.

No doubt those were two big factors with the team only going 8-8, but he also said Tyrod was spectacular and that is certainly an overstatement. This is really just idiotic agent speak. Incognito and I'm sure other players don't agree with your sentiment.

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt those were two big factors with the team only going 8-8, but he also said Tyrod was spectacular and that is certainly an overstatement. This is really just idiotic agent speak. Incognito and I'm sure other players don't agree with your sentiment.

How would you know? Would you expect players to state it to the press? Just because Incognito resigned, doesn't necessarily mean he really expects the team to contend. There are all kinds of reasons for him to resign.

Because it doesnt make any realistic sense and you know it

Which "maybe" is unrealistic?

Edited by HoF Watkins

I don't see an extension happening or a trade. I do however think the Bills will take a QB in this draft. TT's agent is doing him a disservice by driving a wedge between him and the team. Not only is that going to put more pressure on TT to perform it's also going to hurt the goodwill he has earned with the fans. If he gets off to a slow star, fans will be quicker to look at the rookie whether it's TC or regular season.

The more he talks the more pressure falls on TT and the shorter the love affair gets.

How would you know? Would you expect players to state it to the press? Just because Incognito resigned, doesn't necessarily mean he really expects the team to contend. There are all kinds of reasons for him to resign.

How would you? You threw out a bunch of stuff including scenarios with the Broncos tampering with Tyrod that don't make any sense. Incognito had options to go elsewhere for more money if he chose to do so. He stated that he likes the direction that the team is headed in. But no...let's go with your sentiment. :thumbsup: Resign? Who resigned?

Yeah like maybe i could walk outside right now and get hit by a meteor.....

That kind of Maybe?

Yeah like maybe i could walk outside right now and get hit by a meteor.....

That kind of Maybe?

Ha. Nope.

Maybe you guys need me to soften my language.

Is it beyond the pale to think that Tyrod considers Kubiak to be a better coach than Wrex, and the Broncos a better organization than the Bills?

I think we can generally agree that it's possible.

Who would you (and your agent) rather play for, the SB Champs and perennial winner with a giant fanbase, or the team with a 20 year playoff drought, in the middle of a rebuild? Which team offers more monetary opportunity, winning opportunity, post-career opportunity, etc.? Yeah, I think you know the answer.

As far as tampering...it happens all the time. But perhaps I should instead say that, knowing what the Broncos offered Osweiler, Tyrod, his agent, the Bills, and the fans, all know how much money they have to spend, and are willing to spend on a QB. Is that wrong?

As far as why it's a factor that Kubiak and Tyrod have a relationship, that should be obvious. It means that Kubiak knows first hand what Tyrod is like, and what he is capable of. It's not like Kubiak has to rely only on film, or the opinions of others. That's pretty important, no?

And of course, no one touched on my statement that the Bills are clearly scouting QB's that are expected to go higher than 19th in the draft.

I'm not claiming that they will make the trade, just that the circumstances aren't too outlandish for the trade to happen.

Hardly "meteor falling on me" type crazy talk.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Boy. Here we are beating up on each other. We all know it depends on how the next season goes. Why his agent is so intent on a new deal now who knows. If he had confidence in his guy he would wait and get bigger bucks. Don't like this agent. Draft is coming and we can all change the subject lines. Glad!

If the agent is looking for a trade to the Broncos, they are only in a position to offer TT $7M/year over the next 2 years, which is what they're offering Kaep and why he's refusing. If so, he's a bigger idiot than I thought.

Boy. Here we are beating up on each other. We all know it depends on how the next season goes. Why his agent is so intent on a new deal now who knows. If he had confidence in his guy he would wait and get bigger bucks. Don't like this agent. Draft is coming and we can all change the subject lines. Glad!

Because that's when he gets paid.

Appearing on SiriusXM NFL Radio, Tyrod Taylor's agent said the Bills "didn't go to the playoffs last year because of discipline and offense," and that Taylor was "exceptional."

Tyrod's agent is pushing hard for that contract. If the problems were discipline and offense though, doesn't the offense part fall on Tyrod as well? Just saying. Also look at the amount of cap room the Bills have there smart guy. Where is the room for a new Tyrod deal?

i may be wrong o this , but everyone just keeps saying "we have the tag to use on him" and while technically true, we also have Gilmore and Glenn up for UFA next year.

So 1 tag, 3 core players. Certainly, you always use it on the QB( except in the Bronco's case) , but that than leave two core players that can walk.

That being said, i don't think anything can happen with Taylor until those two get long term deals done. Then the tag opens up and the cap hits are reduced.

i may be wrong o this , but everyone just keeps saying "we have the tag to use on him" and while technically true, we also have Gilmore and Glenn up for UFA next year.

So 1 tag, 3 core players. Certainly, you always use it on the QB( except in the Bronco's case) , but that than leave two core players that can walk.

That being said, i don't think anything can happen with Taylor until those two get long term deals done. Then the tag opens up and the cap hits are reduced.

I think most of us feel pretty confident that they'll get deals done with Glenn and Gilmore. They want to do so, and they've been able to re-sign every key FA that they've wanted to in the last few years.

You're right though--if they don't get those deals done, then it becomes an issue.