No progress toward TT extension per Carucci; agent unhappy

Does anyone want to take a stab at why they thought this happened?

I am always in a quandry on how a player can be so good one year and so bad the next......Foles is a really good example of that......how do you go from all world numbers 1 year to god aweful in the next.

Its not just QB....I remember we had this OT a while back.....(last name Hicks?) I watched him one year......and he looked like this was gonna be a stud for us....the next year I dont even know what happened to him.

Players do not just suddenly lose their talent

I think it's incredibly competitive, and you have to maintain your edge. For a QB, other coaches are working hard to uncover weaknesses in your game, and a QB has to increase his repertoire of throws, and plays to counter. But mostly I think it's about staying hungry, and working just as hard to develop even after some success.

Teams have an entire offseason to watch film and study your weaknesses; that's why, as a player, you constantly need to be improving at a rate that's faster than defenses are catching up to you.

what he said.

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep.

Poster child for why you don't pay a massive contract to a guy with 1 good year.

From 27 TDs/2 INTs and a 119 rating in 13 starts in 2013 to traded and benched in favor of Case Keenum in 2015.

I thought after that season he was going to be great. While I didn't expect him to duplicate it the following season, I also didn't expect him to fall off a cliff.

But was he a first round pick?

Was TT?

I am always in a quandry on how a player can be so good one year and so bad the next......Foles is a really good example of that......how do you go from all world numbers 1 year to god aweful in the next.

Its not just QB....I remember we had this OT a while back.....(last name Hicks?) I watched him one year......and he looked like this was gonna be a stud for us....the next year I dont even know what happened to him.

There are numerous reasons why it happened, but the take home message is you shouldn't toss a huge contract to a player after one good-to-great season and a Pro Bowl berth. Again the Bills don't even have the money to toss to him and they're not going to trade him, so the agent just looks like !@#$ for saying the things he's saying.

Teams have an entire offseason to watch film and study your weaknesses; that's why, as a player, you constantly need to be improving at a rate that's faster than defenses are catching up to you.

Assuming a QB has the physical skills to make plays to any area of the field, the bottom line is this: if a QB can't learn to take what the defense is giving him on a down to down basis, he will never get to the point of taking what he wants after the defense adjusts.

Few QBs are given the reigns any more and it's easy to understand why.

GO BILLS!!!

Mostly that but also worth note that stats are fickle sometimes. Fans evaluating a guy on a stat line vs coaches digging on on how well he executed actual assignments can be different conversations.

Sometimes there's an element of dumb luck where a guys not making the best choices but a blown coverage or missed tackle bails them out (not just tyrod but any position) and a bad play nets out really positive on the stat sheet or ESPN highlight but gets dogged in the film room. The opposite can be true that a guy the fans dog might still be a coaches favorite.

There's so much we don't know but stuff like not giving him some packages to call from in the hurry up does worry me about whether coaches think he's seeing what he should in a defense.

Having the luxury of an extra year is a treat for the bills here. Definitely not a bad thing.

Edited by NoSaint

I'm sure they won't. I would bet, however, that they think twice when considering drafting/signing clients of the agent's in the future.

Yes and they should make public comments that they will factor in rancorous statements from Tyrod's mouthpiece in decision on where to draft a QB since they believe negotiations may be worse next year.

it has to do with system, opponents and more film on QB. Some years things just line up for a player.

Mostly that but also worth note that stats are fickle sometimes. Fans evaluating a guy on a stat line vs coaches digging on on how well he executed actual assignments can be different conversations.

Sometimes there's an element of dumb luck where a guys not making the best choices but a blown coverage or missed tackle bails them out (not just tyrod but any position) and a bad play nets out really positive on the stat sheet or ESPN highlight but gets dogged in the film room. The opposite can be true that a guy the fans dog might still be a coaches favorite.

There's so much we don't know but stuff like not giving him some packages to call from in the hurry up does worry me about whether coaches think he's seeing what he should in a defense.

Having the luxury of an extra year is a treat for the bills here. Definitely not a bad thing.

Fine post. through and through.

and as simplistic as the bolded. Let it roll. see what comes up this year.

I'm telling ya, a 3-team, draft day trade isn't outlandish.

Buffalo gets the Eagles pick at 8, for the Broncos 31st and Bills 19th, and Denver gets Tyrod (maybe some other picks balancing the trade).

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25547293/follow-the-money-in-philly-eagles-are-likely-trading-down-for-more-picks

The draft value chart is pretty much spot on.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I'm telling ya, a 3-team, draft day trade isn't outlandish.

Buffalo gets the Eagles pick at 8, for the Broncos 31st and Bills 19th, and Denver gets Tyrod (maybe some other picks balancing the trade). The draft value chart is pretty much spot on.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25547293/follow-the-money-in-philly-eagles-are-likely-trading-down-for-more-picks

So who QBs the Bills in 2016? Ain't happenin!

Yes there was no team play involved here whatsoeva

Well, there was no team play involved in his good performances according to his agent. The team in undisciplined and inept apparently, except for Tyrod.

I really don't see what his agent is trying to accomplish. I get why he would want a make deal now while Tyrod mania is at a fever pitch but the chances of getting a mega deal this year seem so low that it doesn't seem worth the blowback from his negative rants.

Edited by vincec

Like I said.....Not happening! No rookie they could get will be ready as the #1 QB this year.

Rookies often start. They might start EJM, or a sign a veteran. Roman was satisfied with Matt Cassel as the #1 last year, so anything is possible.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Like I said.....Not happening! No rookie they could get will be ready as the #1 QB this year.

No not anymore with rules imposed by NFLPA limiting amount of time you can spend with team now even if player WANTS to. What is going to happen when a player declares he no longer or does not want to belong to union?

Rookies often start. They might start EJM, or a sign a veteran. Roman was satisfied with Matt Cassel as the #1 last year, so anything is possible.

Sure anything is. I could jump out of a 2nd story window and fly, but it's highly unlikely.

You sure do like your bright new shiny toys man

Meh.

I have stated a few dozen times that "I DON'T WANT THEM TO TRADE TYROD". And "I LIKE TYROD". You are so committed to defending him, that you see attacks on Tyrod where none is intended.

I'm just observing that the situation could develop into a trade, and if it did, these are the teams I would expect to be involved.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Good luck selling that to the veteran leadership on this team.

GO BILLS!!!

You mean the leaders Tyrod's agent just blamed? The leaders that have contributed to a 20 year playoff drought, and another season of mediocrity? The underperforming defensive leaders?

I don't think the Bills WANT to trade Tyrod, but if he is being difficult, wants to leverage a trade, and they like one of the QB's in the draft, and some of the other things that have been discussed happen, then they might feel trading him is their best option.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Meh.

I have stated a few dozen times that "I DON'T WANT THEM TO TRADE TYROD". And "I LIKE TYROD". You are so committed to defending him, that you see attacks on Tyrod where none is intended.

I'm just observing that the situation could develop into a trade, and if it did, these are the teams I would expect to be involved.

I think your seeing what you want to see....or you just love your alternate scenarios....I cant really tell which