No progress toward TT extension per Carucci; agent unhappy

I think it goes back to the earlier convo about why a guy can show well on the stat line one season but not the next. A guy can be just ok at his craft but get a boom year. By wide wide majority guys making the pro bowl are having good years but there are spot exceptions, and a good year doesn't mean it'll be followed by anything of that level on a larger scale.

We are in a good spot. Having a good young player under a favorable contract is a nice thing.

So just look at all pro awards

This is why going into next year Tyrod is gonna have to show that he can consistantly throw over the middle of the field and convert 3rd downs.....his teamates need to help him with that of course......he also needs to show a willingness to climb the pocket instead of running out of the back of it when it breaks down.

Defenses will work to keep him there if he can produce form there he is gonna look like a rock star

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why going into next year Tyrod is gonna have to show that he can consistantly throw over the middle of the field and convert 3rd downs.....his teamates need to help him with that of course......he also needs to show a willingness to climb the pocket instead of running out of the back of it when it breaks down.

Defenses will work to keep him there if he can produce form there he is gonna look like a rock star

These are all common critiques of a rookie QB going into his second season. They all pertain to Taylor; unfortunately, he's entering his 6th season.

You mean the leaders Tyrod's agent just blamed? The leaders that have contributed to a 20 year playoff drought, and another season of mediocrity? The underperforming defensive leaders?

I don't think the Bills WANT to trade Tyrod, but if he is being difficult, wants to leverage a trade, and they like one of the QB's in the draft, and some of the other things that have been discussed happen, then they might feel trading him is their best option.

Yes, the very leaders that TT's agent just blamed. His agent is an idiot who spoke out of turn, but that's beside the point. If the Bills trade TT at this juncture, they may as well run up a sign that says, "We concede the 2016 season."

There is NO other QB option available. NONE.

I'd like to know in what universe TT's agent thinks he can leverage a trade and to what team that would pay him what he's looking for at this juncture. TT has no leverage. '

GO BILLS!!!

I think we are officially much closer to the same page than the last 10 pages would indicate.

These are all common critiques of a rookie QB going into his second season. They all pertain to Taylor; unfortunately, he's entering his 6th season.

Actually no....there are a ton of other weaknesses that are attributed to first year rookie QBs that go WELL beyond this

But we have been over all this before...so no need to rehash it

Edited by John from Hemet

Yes, the very leaders that TT's agent just blamed. His agent is an idiot who spoke out of turn, but that's beside the point. If the Bills trade TT at this juncture, they may as well run up a sign that says, "We concede the 2016 season."

There is NO other QB option available. NONE.

I'd like to know in what universe TT's agent thinks he can leverage a trade and to what team that would pay him what he's looking for at this juncture. TT has no leverage. '

GO BILLS!!!

You're shouting "There is no other QB option", and then saying "TT has no leverage".

That seems like leverage to me.

"For a team like the Bills, TT sitting out is not an option."

Sure it is. The Bills will still be around. TT has a shelf life and needs to strike while the iron is hot. He's coming off a good season. Sitting out and playing poorly this coming season will destroy his market value.

Sure it is. The Bills will still be around. TT has a shelf life and needs to strike while the iron is hot. He's coming off a good season. Sitting out and playing poorly this coming season will destroy his market value.

But the guy above just said "there is no other QB option available"....maybe you should take this up with him, cuz I believe there are other options for everyone involved.

But the guy above just said "there is no other QB option available"....maybe you should take this up with him, cuz I believe there are other options for everyone involved.

There are always options. Not necessarily better ones, though.

Interesting comments from Scott McCloughan in Washington about his approach with Cousins. I think this is similar to the Bills with Taylor.

@profootballtalk

Scot McCloughan on Kirk Cousins: Let me overpay him if he's good

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/12/scot-mccloughan-on-kirk-cousins-let-me-overpay-him-if-hes-good/

Interesting comments from Scott McCloughan in Washington about his approach with Cousins. I think this is similar to the Bills with Taylor.

@profootballtalk

Scot McCloughan on Kirk Cousins: Let me overpay him if he's good

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/12/scot-mccloughan-on-kirk-cousins-let-me-overpay-him-if-hes-good/

Different situations. The Skins had to FP Cousins because he was going to be an UFA. The Bills can see how 2016 unfold before making a decision. Cousins having a breakout year in a contract year is a potential red flag.

Different situations. The Skins had to FP Cousins because he was going to be an UFA. The Bills can see how 2016 unfold before making a decision. Cousins having a breakout year in a contract year is a potential red flag.

i realize the difference in the situation with each player. But I think the approach is similar in that the redskins chose to tag him instead of give him a huge extension so they can make sure he's more than just one season of success. Houston did the opposite with Osweiler - no it wasn't their own FA but they paid him before they had seen what he can do in an extended period of time.

Bills approach is to wait and see past one season, as Washington is. They can tag TT this year if they still aren't sure. It's a great situation for the bills.

Edited by YoloinOhio

i realize the difference in the situation with each player. But I think the approach is similar in that the redskins chose to tag him instead of give him a huge extension so they can make sure he's more than just one season of success. Houston did the opposite with Osweiler - no it wasn't their own FA but they paid him before they had seen what he can do in an extended period of time.

Bills approach is to wait and see past one season, as Washington is. They can tag TT this year if they still aren't sure. It's a great situation for the bills.

its what you generally should do if its your own guy. normally youd see it with a rookie deal and is part of why drafting well comes with perks as opposed to sometimes having to swing for the fences on a questionable free agent from somewhere else Edited by NoSaint