No progress toward TT extension per Carucci; agent unhappy

I think your seeing what you want to see....or you just love your alternate scenarios....I cant really tell which

I merely pointed out some of the circumstances, and then was dismissed or attacked, so I defended myself. When someone tries to dismiss a point, I return with a counterpoint, but I'm not trying to convince anyone that a trade is the right thing, or that I think it is destined to happen. Just that it's not a ridiculous proposition, considering the circumstances.

On the other hand, you seem driven to convince everyone that Tyrod is a superstar in waiting.

Edited by HoF Watkins

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I merely pointed out some of the circumstances, and then was dismissed or attacked, so I defended myself. When someone tries to dismiss a point, I return with a counterpoint, but I'm not trying to convince anyone that a trade is the right thing, or that I think it is destined to happen. Just that it's not a ridiculous proposition, considering the circumstances.

On the other hand, you seem driven to convince everyone that Tyrod is a superstar in waiting.

I dont really need to convince anyone of anything

It will play itself out

The fact is.....drafting QBs is a crapshoot.....and the last time we took a mid round QB was EJ Manuel

Trading Tyrod and starting a rookie would be career suicide for Rex Ryan......

wow, a guys agent, who gets paid based on the contract his client signs, is pissed when one of his clients doesnt get a big contract sooner rather than later. shocking news , really. wow , just wow. boy the offseason is slow

No, the agent is a moron. The Bills do not have the money to give TT $18M/year (what BO got) because the cap hit for this season alone is $12M. The Broncos also cannot offer him that contract. Neither can the Jets. The Browns could, but does he really want to play there? And then insulting the coach and defensive players?

No, the agent is a moron. The Bills do not have the money to give TT $18M/year (what BO got) because the cap hit for this season alone is $12M. The Broncos also cannot offer him that contract. Neither can the Jets. The Browns could, but does he really want to play there? And then insulting the coach and defensive players?

To be fair, any of us more or less could if they structure it right. 18m cash can get down under a $4m cap hit. I'd also imagine we could structure anything with a moderate raise this year and large guaranteed extension tacked on the back side. The myth that we CANT is not honest.

You think he'd turn down playing this year as contracted if we added an 8m signing bonus this year then essentially 4-5 years at 18m on the backside with a big bonus early in the offseason next year and some decent guarantees? That would only add $1.6m to our cap this year.

Edited by NoSaint

Promo, most of us are really hopeful and excited about TT. But DW is playing this right. We don't need another Fitz contract and TT's 2016 season should give us a better feel for what we have in him. If it's arrow's up, we'll pay him accordingly. It's a sound strategy. He's under contract and we have two years of tags, we'll work it out.

Not that you had much cred in the first place, but this comment put a match to whatever was left.

You should watch the games sometime. Everything I have said oozes with credibility.

I'm keeping his value down. You think he's Joe Montana, I live in the real world where he loses to the Alex Smiths, Bradfords, and Cousins of the world. It wasn't that long ago

#gamelogs

Edited by Ryan L Billz

To be fair, any of us more or less could if they structure it right. 18m cash can get down under a $4m cap hit. I'd also imagine we could structure anything with a moderate raise this year and large guaranteed extension tacked on the back side. The myth that we CANT is not honest.

You think he'd turn down playing this year as contracted if we added an 8m signing bonus this year then essentially 4-5 years at 18m on the backside with a big bonus early in the offseason next year and some decent guarantees? That would only add $1.6m to our cap this year.

I don't think the Bills (especially the Bills since they have him under contract for another year at just $3M) or any other team would want to do a contract like that, especially to appease a loud mouth agent. And I also don't think any team looking for a QB will be as dumb as the Texans to pay a guy $18M/year with less than a year's worth of starting experience. Hell the Broncos want to pay Kaep just $7M/year for the next 2 years and he's played in a SB.

Edited by Doc

Promo, most of us are really hopeful and excited about TT. But DW is playing this right. We don't need another Fitz contract and TT's 2016 season should give us a better feel for what we have in him. If it's arrow's up, we'll pay him accordingly. It's a sound strategy. He's under contract and we have two years of tags, we'll work it out.

I agree. I just don't want to see any ugliness from this. Granted it's all coming from the agent right now but it's not like TT told him to STFU either.

You should watch the games sometime. Everything I have said oozes with credibility.

I'm keeping his value down. You think he's Joe Montana, I live in the real world where he loses to the Alex Smiths, Bradfords, and Cousins of the world. It wasn't that long ago

#gamelogs

I'm surprised you can see anything out of your sphincter.

As for #gamelogs, I thought in football QBs face defenses, not other QBs.

I'm not thrilled with the tone of this whole thing. The team is stuck. They have no cap room, and Tyrod played 14 games. That's it.

We need to see a LOT more than 14 games before we'll know if he is worth a solid investment.

On top of that, they cannot really do a 1 year deal with a raise, because that's a no-win for the team. IF he is great they don't have him under contract after 2016. So that's a no-go, even if they had cap room, which they do not.

As far as a short 2-3 year deal, Tyrod will want huge $$ that he frankly has not earned yet.

Bottom line, you don't start a grand total of 14 games in the NFL (and get injured multiple times in that one season) and start demanding top QB $$ because you were the 11th alternate for the Pro Bowl (or whatever it was).

I'm not thrilled with the tone of this whole thing. The team is stuck. They have no cap room, and Tyrod played 14 games. That's it.

We need to see a LOT more than 14 games before we'll know if he is worth a solid investment.

On top of that, they cannot really do a 1 year deal with a raise, because that's a no-win for the team. IF he is great they don't have him under contract after 2016. So that's a no-go, even if they had cap room, which they do not.

As far as a short 2-3 year deal, Tyrod will want huge $$ that he frankly has not earned yet.

Bottom line, you don't start a grand total of 14 games in the NFL (and get injured multiple times in that one season) and start demanding top QB $$ because you were the 11th alternate for the Pro Bowl (or whatever it was).

Five QBs turned down the Pro Bowl and six played. If you want to make it a worst case scenario, that makes Tayor the #11 QB in the NFL. That's still top third.

Second, the NFL has already set the market for QB's who only played a handful of games. (See: Osweiller, Brock.) So you can complain all you want that someone who hasn't proved his value is demanding too much money, but the real world NFL QB market says otherwise. It's no different than someone selling a house. In a tight market, lesser houses go for more.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Five QBs turned down the Pro Bowl and six played. If you want to make it a worst case scenario, that makes Tayor the #11 QB in the NFL. That's still top third.

Second, the NFL has already set the market for QB's who only played a handful of games. (See: Osweiller, Brock.) So you can complain all you want that someone who hasn't proved his value is demanding too much money, but the real world NFL QB market says otherwise. It's no different than someone selling a house. In a tight market, lesser houses go for more.

Give me a break! The Pro Bowl isn't an indication of any such thing.

TT isn't on the market. Not that Houston's stupid/desperate contract to BO set anything other than a bad precedent unlikely to be repeated again.

I agree that Osweiler's deal set the market--the difference is that he was an UFA.

Taylor is under contract.

As to where he ranks in the NFL, my suggestion to anyone curious about it is to compile a list of current NFL QBs that you're certain you'd rather have starting for you this year; when I do it, Taylor comes in somewhere between 18 and 20.

Give me a break! The Pro Bowl isn't an indication of any such thing.

Explain why.

TT isn't on the market. Not that Houston's stupid/desperate contract to BO set anything other than a bad precedent unlikely to be repeated again.

I agree it was stupid. But that's the market. And whether a QB is a free agent or not, deals like that make one feel underpaid.

I agree that Osweiler's deal set the market--the difference is that he was an UFA.

Taylor is under contract.

As to where he ranks in the NFL, my suggestion to anyone curious about it is to compile a list of current NFL QBs that you're certain you'd rather have starting for you this year; when I do it, Taylor comes in somewhere between 18 and 20.

That would be pretty subjective. Especially is you have a certain (non-racial...don't flip out) prejudice against a player. Meanwhile the Pro Bowl committee invited Tyrod Taylor so by whatever measure, they felt he was next in line.

Edited by PromoTheRobot