No progress toward TT extension per Carucci; agent unhappy

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty simple setup here. Tyrod playing next year without a new deal is a huge risk for Tyrod's agent. He sees the above average season Tyrod put up in 2015 and thinks this is the safest time for he and Tyrod to get a big guarenteed deal. Without it, Tyrod will be playing a "prove it" season in 2016 for the bills and the rest of the league. If he doesn't prove it, that's potentially millions of dollars of commission fees lost. Typical agent games, "make hay while the sun is shining."

My only concern is with Tyrod and if he shares his agent's outlook. hopefully he recognizes that extending him now would be a giant risk for the Bills and remembers who it was that gave him the opportunity to start and perform in the first place.

If I'm Taylor I'd fire my agent. Not because of the lack of a deal, but because he blamed coaching staff and defensive players for not making the playoffs. Whether it is true or not it is not the agents place to call out Taylor's team mates.

I'm all for agents talking up their clients. I can tolerate agents making public threats about holding out, demanding trades, and the like. The agent wants all the leverage he can get to negotiate a good contract for his client.

I don't hold it against the player when the client uses hardball tactics. That's just business.

But knocking the other players and coaching staff, in my opinion, is out of bounds.

I hope TT tells Bakari to shut up.

Edited by hondo in seattle

If I'm Taylor I'd fire my agent. Not because of the lack of a deal, but because he blamed coaching staff and defensive players for not making the playoffs. Whether it is true or not it is not the agents place to call out Taylor's team mates.

That was my point Chris. He's not helping him as the leader of the team as his mouthpiece is outwardly blaming coaching, management and his defense for not winning. That can be said in closed doors with GM's, but not in the media. I would be pissed if i were TT.

Regarding the other stuff. We have some in the wait and see, and some in the get it done now. Each side has made some good arguments.

I believe a compromise to my wait and see approach is to get through the draft, see what we have left, and if we can shave out an extra $1 mil., we give it as a gift to bring TT from 3 to 4 mil. We let him know up front we need to see the improvements bullet pointed before, and then be happy to deliver on the significnat contract towards the end of next year. If we see another 10-12 games of improved performance we go to them before December, and let them know we want him long term.

We still have leverage as we have the tag. We can keep him and make everyone happy and get on the hook for a bad contract if he regresses. Let's not forget DC's in an off season have caught up to first year wonders. You never see this with rookies as teams have four years to make a decision.

I think the players, and likely the coaches know it's all part of negotiation. I really doubt they will hold anything the agent says, against Tyrod.

I'm sure they won't. I would bet, however, that they think twice when considering drafting/signing clients of the agent's in the future.

I'm sure they won't. I would bet, however, that they think twice when considering drafting/signing clients of the agent's in the future.

Definitely.

There was no need to drag the rest of the teams performance into it. He basically just put down every other player on the Bills.

It would speak loudly to Tyrod's commitment and leadership if he told his agent to focus on what Tyrod does, not what his teammates and coaches did.

It would speak loudly to Tyrod's commitment and leadership if he told his agent to focus on what Tyrod does, not what his teammates and coaches did.

Not gonna happen, nor do I think he fires his agent like so many here (myself included) want him to do.

Agents are supposed to be the obnoxious, selfish jerks that the players cant be. While it might be a "bad look", it's just a good cop/bad cop game. The agent makes Tyrod look even better, in comparison. It's all part of the game.

Backup player to Pro Bowl who went because others declined; state whole thing or your argument is limp.

First time starter makes the Pro Bowl. Even as an alternate, that still puts him in the top third of the NFL. You're saying that isn't good enough? You're expectations might need an adjustment.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

First time starter makes the Pro Bowl. Even as an alternate, that still puts him in the top third of the NFL. You're saying that isn't good enough? You're expectations might need an adjustment.

Nick Foles.

I doubt the Bills want to trade him, but I don't doubt that they want to get better at QB, and might view Tyrod as a placeholder.

I want them to keep Tyrod, and draft another QB, high. They are scouting QB's that are likely to go in the 1st round. Tyrod is in an odd spot, contract-wise.

Tyrod and his agent's perception could be that the Bills are likely to replace him after this season, so in conjunction with all the circumstances (the Broncos situation, his contract, etc), I could see how Tyrod might want to make a leap to the Broncos. An opportunity as good as this likely won't be available next season, or after he has been tagged.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Yep.

Poster child for why you don't pay a massive contract to a guy with 1 good year.

From 27 TDs/2 INTs and a 119 rating in 13 starts in 2013 to traded and benched in favor of Case Keenum in 2015.

But was he a first round pick?

Yep.

Poster child for why you don't pay a massive contract to a guy with 1 good year.

From 27 TDs/2 INTs and a 119 rating in 13 starts in 2013 to traded and benched in favor of Case Keenum in 2015.

Does anyone want to take a stab at why they thought this happened?

I am always in a quandry on how a player can be so good one year and so bad the next......Foles is a really good example of that......how do you go from all world numbers 1 year to god aweful in the next.

Its not just QB....I remember we had this OT a while back.....(last name Hicks?) I watched him one year......and he looked like this was gonna be a stud for us....the next year I dont even know what happened to him.

Players do not just suddenly lose their talent

Does anyone want to take a stab at why they thought this happened?

I am always in a quandry on how a player can be so good one year and so bad the next......Foles is a really good example of that......how do you go from all world numbers 1 year to god aweful in the next.

Its not just QB....I remember we had this OT a while back.....(last name Hicks?) I watched him one year......and he looked like this was gonna be a stud for us....the next year I dont even know what happened to him.

Players do not just suddenly lose their talent

Teams have an entire offseason to watch film and study your weaknesses; that's why, as a player, you constantly need to be improving at a rate that's faster than defenses are catching up to you.