No progress toward TT extension per Carucci; agent unhappy

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whaley always says he won't negotiate through the media. He must think this guy is a clown. Keep it in house, bro. He's actually putting more pressure on his client because now everywhere TT goes (like his youth camp) he's being forced to answer questions about his contract.

which is so uncool of him. For Tyrod i mean.

shame really. making this all so much harder than it needs to be.

Because it is the most simple math. No money now. succeed =you get paid.

That is a typical negotiation ploy. The agent is the bad guy, and the player stays clean.

I don't know. tyrod and this agent seem to be distant relatives or something.

Agent seems to be peeing upstream from Taylor. and getting some on him too.

wish Tyrod could switch up. Not so much for the Bills best interest as his own. Seems like a good hardworking young man to me.

his "agent" seems a bit confused

Edited by 3rdand12

which is so uncool of him. For Tyrod i mean.

shame really. making this all so much harder than it needs to be.

Because it is the most simple math. No money now. succeed =you get paid.

My question is what does succeed mean? Apparently finishing top 10 statwise and going to the Pro Bowl is not succeeding.

My question is what does succeed mean? Apparently finishing top 10 statwise and going to the Pro Bowl is not succeeding.

Thats a good question.

By the most common statistical measures used for QB's, he had a very good to almost great year. Going 8-6 as a starter is not to shabby either! Think we would all agree it's a W with him in again't the Jags, not sure if he changes the Bengals outcome. so lets say 9-7 at worst. So objectively, i would say he had a good year.

But on the other hand, his play in crunch time was not what you want out of a "franchise" QB. Just did not get it done too many times on drives down by one score or less in the 4th. So subjectively, i think one can say the jury is still out.

Listen, i think the guy is here to stay, for Gods sake just named my dog after him.

What we don't know is what Taylor wants nor what the Bills have proposed.

Let's say the Bills have proposed 3 yrs, $36m, with $22M guaranteed, but Taylor wants 6, $96M with $45M guaranteed. That a big gulf in guaranteed money...and weird part is I can understand both parties positions in that scenario. that, and the contract status of Glenn and Gilmore, i think preclude getting a deal done until sometime during the season.

The reality is that TT is one play away from his football career ending. His agent is trying to get money. Also, while none of us hope for this, what if TT crashes and burns this upcoming season? I know Promo is arguing that TT's play was stellar. However, the Bills had a strong ground game. TT made it to the pro bowl only because others declined.

Look we all want him to prove he is THE guy but he has not done so yet.

The reality is that TT is one play away from his football career ending. His agent is trying to get money. Also, while none of us hope for this, what if TT crashes and burns this upcoming season? I know Promo is arguing that TT's play was stellar. However, the Bills had a strong ground game. TT made it to the pro bowl only because others declined.

thread/

This.

The league is littered with Derek andersons and rg3s and such that had really strong seasons. Hell didn't JPL have a season that put him like 11th statistically?

TT had a successful year but has some to show before he gets the 20m deal. Can he get better at climbing the pocket? Can he throw over the middle? Can he earn the trust of his OC to make reads at the line and playcalls in hurry up situations, etc....

One of his best games he only threw the ball a dozen times- can he start winning those 30+ attempt games?

TT needs to fire that clown.

Did any of you guys listen to this ars clown yesterday on the Blitz on Sirius? He was so inflammatory, and I understand it's a tactic, etc. but in my opinion it does not help.

It's funny an agent like Tom Condon who represented Manning and some of the other top guys you never see using these tactics. his reputation is tough, but fair with the GM's and able to find common ground. This antagonistic posturing does not help both sides come to the table. Besides, it's not going to move Whaley and Overdorf in their number because of some interviews blaming the defense, and lack of discipline on the team. TT has to go back in that locker room, and his agent is basically slamming Rex. Not that I'm a Rex fan, but it is not smart.

I would hope that a question like this comes up.

Many have laid out his limitations last year.

Using the middle of the field, audibles, spreading the ball around and seeing those open Recs he did not see much of last year.

Climbing the pocket, two minute drill. Little things like that.

Hard to actually quantify I suppose. Lets just call it. become the Franchise QB ? !

Well, some stats. He did very well on percentages and ratings, but not so well on cumulative stats like yards, attempts, etc. I've explained this before and walked through it - and you've read it - so I'll just quickly give the results. Taylor shows promise, but his main issue is that when he doesn't see an open receiver he pulls the ball down and runs. He's to be commended for making something where he otherwise sees nothing, but a big part of him not finding open receivers is his problems getting through his progressions. Long term he's way better off going through some growing pains and learning to get through his progressions than running so much. Not only is injury a big risk, but it also limits the number of pass plays an OC can call.

Promo, why do you ignore rational arguement after rational arguement on this? Why the crusade to get Taylor paid large now when pretty much everyone else understands he hasn't earned it? We are all rooting for him to make it and become a franchise QB for the Bills, but how can you think he's already there?

Thats a good question.

By the most common statistical measures used for QB's, he had a very good to almost great year. Going 8-6 as a starter is not to shabby either! Think we would all agree it's a W with him in again't the Jags, not sure if he changes the Bengals outcome. so lets say 9-7 at worst. So objectively, i would say he had a good year.

But on the other hand, his play in crunch time was not what you want out of a "franchise" QB. Just did not get it done too many times on drives down by one score or less in the 4th. So subjectively, i think one can say the jury is still out.

Listen, i think the guy is here to stay, for Gods sake just named my dog after him.

What we don't know is what Taylor wants nor what the Bills have proposed.

Let's say the Bills have proposed 3 yrs, $36m, with $22M guaranteed, but Taylor wants 6, $96M with $45M guaranteed. That a big gulf in guaranteed money...and weird part is I can understand both parties positions in that scenario. that, and the contract status of Glenn and Gilmore, i think preclude getting a deal done until sometime during the season.

hilarious!

and a good post