Best player, biggest bust and sleeper in the draft

Thought that it would be fun to go on record with 3 draft predictions. Who will be the best player? Who will be the biggest bust? Who is a player (borderline 1st rounder or later) that will become a Pro Bowl player?

Best - Myles Jack

Bust - Ronnie Stanley

Sleeper(s) - Vernon Butler & Pharoh Cooper

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best- Myles jack

Bust- nkemdiche or Paxton lynch

Sleeper- Brandon Allen (I think he is very similar to Fitzpatrick, except he wins, and will be good in a couple years with the right team)...I think we should draft him

Edited by VaMilBill

Best Nkemdiche

Bust Nkemdiche

Sleeper Nkemdiche

Obvious sarcasm here, but you can make a case for all 3. Ultra talented. Big issues could mean bust (really high bust potential would make me take him off the board for Bills pick). He's going to be drafted below his athletic "value" making him a bit of a sleeper.

Best Nkemdiche

Bust Nkemdiche

Sleeper Nkemdiche

Obvious sarcasm here, but you can make a case for all 3. Ultra talented. Big issues could mean bust (really high bust potential would make me take him off the board for Bills pick). He's going to be drafted below his athletic "value" making him a bit of a sleeper.

Exactly!, you nailed it.excellent post Beerball!

Best: Going to go with Shaq Lawson. The combination of his speed, size and strength will make him an almost immediate success at the pro level.

Bust: Joey Bosa. I know he had success at the college level, but his lack of strength and speed will get him manhandled at the next level.

Sleeper: I'm not sure what exactly "sleeper" means, but I'll go with Austin Johnson. Not even rated top-5 at his position (DT) and I think he could be the best.

1. Best.... Jalen Ramsey\CB\FSU - Elite talent at the position. Some people were trying to pencil him in at S, but I think the guy is going to be a Pro Bowl CB and early in his career.

2. Bust.... Carson Wentz\QB\North Dakota State - He's done well through the "process" and was apparently impressive at the Senior Bowl, but they are REALLY talking this guy up in the pre-draft process. To compare him to Andrew Luck and say they see him as that type of franchise QB is ludicrous to me. They talked up that 2011 draft class too because of what was available after Cam. It led to Gabbert, Locker, and Ponder all getting waaaaaay over drafted. There's not even a Cam in this draft. I know people will try to crucify me for daring to make this statement, but I just see the guy being average at best. And if he goes to the Browns or 49ers it may very well aid the quickness the bust label becomes a reality because of the state of both franchises.

3. Sleeper.... Scooby Wright III\LB\Arizona - Not the fastest kid on the field, not the most athletically gifted, but a gamer and a very instinctive football player. He is ALWAYS around the football and is ferocious getting after whoever has it. Whether it be the QB, a RB, a TE, or a WR underneath Scooby is lurking to lay a hit on someone. I think the guy is better than his 3rd/4th Round peg and will be a fantastic football player for whoever gets him.

Best: Tunsil

Bust: All of the QBs being regularly discussed except possibly Wentz. Who knows if some unknown 5th Rounder might make it. + Ragland + Bosa

Sleeper: Too high to be a sleeper really but Kenny Clark

Edited by 4merper4mer

Best: Jack

Bust: Nkemdiche

Sleeper: V. Butler

Butler is a perfect fit for Rex Ryan's defense in my opinion. Would love him at 19 or even a little bit lower if possible in the first round.

Jack is the best athlete in the draft. I've said that before, and I believe it... Hard to say who the best actual player will be, tho.... I personally like Mike Goff's bust potential... Kid has a decent arm... Fairly accurate... Still, I personally DO NOT see a pro game there... Not yet, anyway... Guess we'll see.

"Sleepers" in my opinion, are under-hyped rookies that unexpetedly, and inexplicably, tilt the playoff odds in their teams favor... For my money, those kids will be Cyrus Jones, and Cardale Jones. In the right situation, they are big-time difference makers...

Edited by #34fan

Best- Myles Jack. His skill set is a perfect match for today's NFL.

Bust- Joey Bosa. Joey was a force in college football but he will be reduced to an everyday player in the NFL. College star turned NFL starter.

Sleeper- the term can be coined a million different ways...I will give you the player whom I think will give a team the best value for its pick. Kenyan Drake will be the best Alabama running back drafted in 2016, much like Jack his skill set is perfect for the modern day NFL.

Best - Wentz

Bust - Ragland

sleeper - Connor Cook B-)

Best- Myles Jack. His skill set is a perfect match for today's NFL.

Bust- Joey Bosa. Joey was a force in college football but he will be reduced to an everyday player in the NFL. College star turned NFL starter.

Sleeper- the term can be coined a million different ways...I will give you the player whom I think will give a team the best value for its pick. Kenyan Drake will be the best Alabama running back drafted in 2016, much like Jack his skill set is perfect for the modern day NFL.

I wouldn't call that a bust, I think he will end up like Ryan Kerrigan

Best - Wentz

Bust - Ragland

sleeper - Connor Cook B-)

I wouldn't call that a bust, I think he will end up like Ryan Kerrigan

Bosa was the consensus number 1 overall pick and is now still slated to go in the top 10. He will bust based on his draft position.