RG3 meeting with Browns (update: signed)

He's been labeled as pouty and a me me me egomaniac teammates might not love

He's been hurt too often. Seems to find a way to make every hit look terrible. Lot of issues for him.

when he was a dual threat with healthy wheels in his first year, he was a legit starter.

now after losing 2 steps due to injury, mediocre arm and being a huge head case.....he is not a legit starter.

he can only hope to get backup money and wait for his chance. no one is handing him a starters job this season.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when he was a dual threat with healthy wheels in his first year, he was a legit starter.

now after losing 2 steps due to injury, mediocre arm and being a huge head case.....he is not a legit starter.

he can only hope to get backup money and wait for his chance. no one is handing him a starters job this season.

agreed

He will need to earn it.

said in my best John Houseman T Rowe Price voice.

In 2012, Mike Holmgren tried to pull off a blockbuster deal before the draft to acquire the pick from the Rams that turned into Griffin (Indianapolis took Andrew Luck first).

Washington outbid Cleveland.

http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/18343/robert-griffin-iii-concludes-two-day-visit-with-cleveland-browns

to make up for it they traded up for Trent Richardson instead. fortunately, I don't think there is single person left with the Browns from 2012 including owner, GM, FO or coaching staff. Edited by YoloinOhio

The funny thing is Denver doesn't need an incredible Aaron Rodgers to contend for another SB. If the losses to the defense don't hurt that much given whoever they have in the wings, then either Fitz or Mike Glennon could get the job done.

i have zero confidence in RG3 or Kaepernick for that matter. Fitzy on a really good team not having to do it all which is what he had to do in previous places could do well in denver.

Also, Glennon I've watched on terrible Tampa teams and he has skills. Denver would have to probably give up a second, but they are 64th for the 2nd. The upside is if he develops under Kubiak would be there for years. He is 6'7", has a big arm, and can make good decisions.

If I were RG3, I'd rather take less, go to any decent team as a back up and stay the heck away from Cleveland. That place is a dumpster fire right now.

Hue Jackson could have been coaching E Manning and the Giants.

Now it's RG3 and the Browns?

He may be the Browns coach who doesn't even last a season.

Jackson will either fall out with everyone and be out in a year or the man who finally turns Cleveland into a legit contender. I see very little middle ground. If allowed to do it his way he will succeed.

Jackson will either fall out with everyone and be out in a year or the man who finally turns Cleveland into a legit contender. I see very little middle ground. If allowed to do it his way he will succeed.

What is the Hue Jackson way and where has it succeeded before? How does it succeed in Cleveland?

If you are "moneyballing" the NFL, wouldn't that put a major emphasis on QB? Wouldn't the analytical play be to sign RG3, draft Wentz or Goff, then take someone like Cook-Hackenberg-Cardale in round 3-4 and perhaps even a guy like Doughty or Kessler in round 7?

What is the Hue Jackson way and where has it succeeded before? How does it succeed in Cleveland?

He turned the Bengals offense around. He did it in large part by turning Andy Dalton from a scared, bottom tier starting QB into a very successful one. Dalton's injury was what held that team back from doing more in the playoffs. Oh, and the Bengals built their team precisely like the Browns are planning on rebuilding theirs. The big question is whether or not the owners, Dee and Jumpsuit Jimmy Haslam, will have the patience to see it through.

Edited by BarleyNY