RG3 meeting with Browns (update: signed)

I like Hue a lot but I think he's in over his head. RG3 is better than anyone else they could have gotten but the team overall is so devoid of talent that it will be hard for him to succeed. If he couldn't do it in Washington with all of those good receivers then what will he do in Cleveland? If anyone can make it work it's Hue. Hes so positive. I'm sure with what he went through in Washington that RG3 will need that kind of support and confidence to be serviceable

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great move for the Browns imo. There is no risk and a ton of upside. RG3 has shown glimpses of being an above average qb. If he turns out to be that the Browns are set. If he is a bust they lose a little bit of cap space. It really is that simple. QB contracts as others have pointed out are out of control. Even if the Browns use the #2 on a qb they will still be paying less for those 2 than the Fins will for Tannehill. 2 cracks at a "Franchise QB' for the price of 1.

i think the goal would be to trade EJ. If they can, that's a trade I would like to see (for McCown)

I'd like to see the Bills trade EJ, too. McCown would be a good backup and I'm sure he's on the trade block, but I don't see Cleveland having any interest in EJ. They have RG3 as their reclaimation project and will draft a rookie QB. There's just no room for another QB project on that roster. Maybe EJ somewhere for a pick and a pick to the Browns for McCown though. Probably talking late rounders in both cases.

This is a great move for the Browns imo. There is no risk and a ton of upside. RG3 has shown glimpses of being an above average qb. If he turns out to be that the Browns are set. If he is a bust they lose a little bit of cap space. It really is that simple. QB contracts as others have pointed out are out of control. Even if the Browns use the #2 on a qb they will still be paying less for those 2 than the Fins will for Tannehill. 2 cracks at a "Franchise QB' for the price of 1.

No risk? How about another high profile disastrous outcome by yet another FO "brain trust"?

And look at all the "cracks" that Haslam has taken at "Franchise QB".

I like Hue a lot but I think he's in over his head. RG3 is better than anyone else they could have gotten but the team overall is so devoid of talent that it will be hard for him to succeed. If he couldn't do it in Washington with all of those good receivers then what will he do in Cleveland? If anyone can make it work it's Hue. Hes so positive. I'm sure with what he went through in Washington that RG3 will need that kind of support and confidence to be serviceable

Hue Jackson says he has learned from his mistakes in Oakland and that it's only a matter of when, not if, the woeful Browns turn it around. Don't doubt him.

In over his head? He did a pretty good job in Oakland in his one previous season as an NFL HC.

@ESPNNFL

The Browns have had a league high 24 starting QBs since 1999. Here's the full list.

CeaiCYmWIAAWZ3F.jpg

You just proved my point. 24 qb's since 99 and who knows how many coaches. It's a mess of an organization. Hue was highly regarded so I'm really not sure why he would go to the Browns. I don't doubt him, I doubt the entire organization

i think the goal would be to trade EJ. If they can, that's a trade I would like to see (for McCown)

Why not send EJ and a late pick for Glennon whom is rumored to be available? He is a younger guy with some upside and was never going to get a chance in Tampa.

Why not send EJ and a late pick for Glennon whom is rumored to be available? He is a younger guy with some upside and was never going to get a chance in Tampa.

not a huge fan of Glennon. But my reason for McCown is that's he's familiar with Kromer and to some degree Roman, and is a capable vet backup not trying to be a starter. Could come in and win a couple games and be a mentor. They wanted him last year so suggested there might still be interest.

not a huge fan of Glennon. But my reason for McCown is that's he's familiar with Kromer and to some degree Roman, and is a capable vet backup not trying to be a starter. Could come in and win a couple games and be a mentor. They wanted him last year so suggested there might still be interest.

Fair enough. I was just thinking getting a younger guy could eliminate the need to draft a QB, assuming a QB we value doesn't fall to a spot worth the selection.

If we draft Lynch at #19 I might flip my lid.

Fair enough. I was just thinking getting a younger guy could eliminate the need to draft a QB, assuming a QB we value doesn't fall to a spot worth the selection.

If we draft Lynch at #19 I might flip my lid.

tbh I'm not big on any of the QBs in this draft as 1st round guys unless you are desperate. We aren't, so I'd wait unto the 3rd at the earliest. I'm totally fine with Kevin hogan, Cardale jones, etc. Edited by YoloinOhio

• 2 weeks later...

RGIII: 'I just want to play ball, man'

Robert Griffin III hasn't taken a meaningful snap in the NFL since December 2014. Meeting with the media for the first time since signing with the Browns, the quarterback expressed his desire to finally take his career out of neutral.

"I just want to play ball, man," he said Wednesday at Browns headquarters. "I'm excited to be here. Last year, I didn't have an opportunity to play football so to have that opportunity here to compete and grow, it's truly a blessing."