Liberal Protests

B-Man

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Bullying a family? A seven year old? That is some crazy-*****.  I get they are probably snowflake products of helicopter parents who have never faced repercussions for their actions. They may also feel they had the "right" to do that because Trump is Hitler and all Trump supporters are Nazi scum. ?  I sincerely hope they are arrested. If someone will do this to a child, imagine what they will do to other adults (and they were being filmed and didn't hand back the hat and apologize!)

Unreal.  The whole thing is disgusting.  Honestly, the lady filming the thing should have shut it all down and let these gangster wannabe losers be on their way.  That little boy crying and worrying about his mother was horrific.  That said, when that pos who didn't read that directions on the mask box came back at the end, I sincerely hope she ended up on the ground, hopefully with some sense knocked into her.  

39 minutes ago, shrader said:

There wasn't a whole lot of concern for the kid from any of the women involved in that video.  Even the mother seemed a bit more interested in getting her viral moment instead of looking out for the kid.  Sending the kid after them instead of getting the hat yourself?  But hey, gotta keep filming.

Agreed. 

On 8/13/2020 at 11:44 AM, Buffalo Timmy said:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/fc-dallas/story/4158666/fans-boo-players-who-take-a-knee-before-dallas-vs-nashville-in-mls

There is one great line in this article coming from one of the players " they don't understand why we are kneeling. They can't see the reason. They think we are the ignorant ones." 

These three lines show exactly how vapid you must be to kneel. Everybody knows why you are kneeling, many of us think smearing the whole country because of the actions of a few is inappropriate. Everyone has seen what happened to George Floyd and 99% agree what happened was wrong on a moral level, not just legally. Finally you are ignorant and proud of your ignorance,  you have no historical perspective or desire to use logic and rational thoughts. 

This may be one of the most ignorant takes I have seen on this topic.  

1 minute ago, Buftex said:

This may be one of the most ignorant takes I have seen on this topic.  

Thank you- coming from you means that you have no argument and therefore must pretend you know something I do not but not mention one thing.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Thank you- coming from you means that you have no argument and therefore must pretend you know something I do not but not mention one thing.

It took the Floyd video to convince "99%" that what happened was wrong.  If that was an isolated incident, you might have a point. But it isn't an isolated incident.  Athletes have been taking a knee for 4 years now, to bring attention to police brutality in their communities.  There were countless incidents before this one, and there have been many since. Is it possible that "99%" agree what happened was wrong, was the result of the ongoing attention the kneeling protest brought to the topic? 

Their intent wasn't to "smear the whole country", it never was.  If you feel smeared by it, that is you. It was never to disrespect the military.  Many of the guys kneeling have family that serve.  Their intent was to bring attention, and put some pressure on the powers that be, to recognize this issue.  I'd say they have been very successful with that. But they want equal treatment, not your sympathy.  You aren't the center of the universe... 

Edited by Buftex
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buftex said:

It took the Floyd video to convince "99%" that what happened was wrong.  If that was an isolated incident, you might have a point. But it isn't an isolated incident.  Athletes have been taking a knee for 4 years now, to bring attention to police brutality in their communities.  There were countless incidents before this one, and there have been many since. Is it possible that "99%" agree what happened was wrong, was the result of the ongoing attention the kneeling protest brought to the topic? 

Their intent wasn't to "smear the whole country", it never was.  If you feel smeared by it, that is you. It was never to disrespect the military.  Many of the guys kneeling have family that serve.  Their intent was to bring attention, and put some pressure on the powers that be, to recognize this issue.  I'd say they have been very successful with that. But they want equal treatment, not your sympathy.  You aren't the center of the universe... 

You think without them kneeling  at a football game people would not have realized that kneeling on a guys throat for 9 minutes when he is not a threat is wrong? I think almost everyone would have agreed in 1995 that cop was wrong and should be arrested. I would like them to be treated equally also but they refuse to elect people who enforce the laws equally, just look at Chicago's mayor.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You think without them kneeling  at a football game people would not have realized that kneeling on a guys throat for 9 minutes when he is not a threat is wrong? I think almost everyone would have agreed in 1995 that cop was wrong and should be arrested. I would like them to be treated equally also but they refuse to elect people who enforce the laws equally, just look at Chicago's mayor.

what do you think will happen if a white player knelt during the playing of the Black anthem?

25 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

See that's the problem.  You want to immediately make it an issue of politicians, glossing over the police responsibilty in these situations.  Lori Lightfoot has been the mayor of Chicago for a year...did she go in and tell Chicago police to treat minorites worse than they would treat other suspects?  Did she start this?  Of course not.  It has been going on for decades.   I hate saying it sometimes, but my late father, a police officer, recognized that there was a fundamental problem with police training goinig all the way back to the early 80's.  Honestly, I don't know exactly where Lightfoot stands each point of this complex situation, but I assume she, like others, is for ending police immunity.  If you really want to change the situation, that is a good place to start. That is not saying that all police are bad, but it gives us the chance of getting those who are bad, off the force. 

11 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

what do you think will happen if a white player knelt during the playing of the Black anthem?

Nothing.

If somebody says Blue Lives Matter, and somebody responds All Lives Matter, what happens?

Edited by Buftex

1 minute ago, Buftex said:

See that's the problem.  You want to immediately make it an issue of politicians, glossing over the police responsibilty in these situations.  Lori Lightfoot has been the mayor of Chicago for a year...did she go in and tell Chicago police to treat minorites worse than they would treat other suspects?  Did she start this?  Of course not.  It has been going on for decades.   I hate saying it sometimes, but my late father, a police officer, recognized that there was a fundamental problem with police training goinig all the way back to the early 80's.  Honestly, I don't know exactly where Lightfoot stands each point of this complex situation, but I assume she, like others, is for ending police immunity.  If you really want to change the situation, that is a good place to start. That is not saying that all police are bad, but it gives us the chance of getting those who are bad, off the force. 

The fact that you think police training starts at the chief of police is adorable. The mayor has much more to do with way people are treated than the chief of police in every big city. In large cities the police get their marching orders from city hall or governor's office. If you want proof look at the police stand down during so many riots because the cops did not stand down on their own. Also " stop and frisk" was started in NYC by the mayor not the chief. My town would not accept the police acting that way but then again we had our 1st random murder in 6 years this month.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buftex said:

Nothing.

If somebody says Blue Lives Matter, and somebody responds All Lives Matter, what happens?

They get fired from Goodyear.

• Haha (+1) 1