Liberal Protests

B-Man

6 hours ago, Magox said:

Shot:  I just read this to my wife

Chaser:  She’s throwing away any L’Oréal makeup she has

I'm gonna call BS and have a question about the second one.

It has been my life experience that if you throw a bunch of kids say aged 6 or less, they will all play together happily. By the time they get to HS or college it is sometimes different.

The question - If it is subconsciously inherited, is that not an immutable characteristic?  How can it possibly be changed?  If it's consciously passed down, wouldn't that indicate it is learned?

Edited by reddogblitz

When I was in grad school, the lab I was in  had a black lab tech who was  about  late 40s at the time and  a fellow student in the lab who was black.  The  fellow student grew up in Williamsville.  He started  dressing like a rasta  and was talking about moving to Africa  so that he could have more than one wife (he was already married). He  started saying that I had a lilly white  upbringing (a sort of putting me down).  He mist have said some of that in front of his dad (who was retired military and had  a very good city job) because  week or so later, he apologized to me and he realized he had a more lily white upbringing than me by growing up in williamsville.  

While he was talking a bout moving to Africa, our lab tech put a jar on the lab bench labeled "The send Bob to Africa Fund".?

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Wacka said:

When I was in grad school, the lab I was in  had a black lab tech who was  about  late 40s at the time and  a fellow student in the lab who was black.  The  fellow student grew up in Williamsville.  He started  dressing like a rasta  and was talking about moving to Africa  so that he could have nice than one wife (he was already married). He  started saying that I had a lilly white  upbringing a

(sort of putting me down).  He mist have said some of that in front of his dad (who was retired military and had  a very good city job) because  week or so later, he apologized to me and he realized he had a more lily white upbringing than me by growing up in williamsville.  

While he was talking a bout moving to Africa, our lab tech put a jar on the lab bench labeled "The send Bob to Africa Fund".?

That must have been some training program. 

Call the Atlanta Police............oh wait.

Drive-by shooting in Atlanta neighborhood leaves 2 dead, 5 injured, police say

by Stephen Sorace

Original Article

Deer runs into Black Lives Matter protest in New Jersey, seriously injuring woman

by Travis Fedschun

Original Article

Three people were injured, one seriously, while marching in a Black Lives Matter protest in New Jersey on Friday when a deer bolted into the crowd of demonstrators, according to officials. The South Brunswick Police Department said on Twitter the incident happened during Friday's "March for Justice," which began around 5 p.m. at South Brunswick High School. As demonstrators marched along County Route 533, a deer ran from the high school property into the marchers, according to police.

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...anybody know if as a caucasian I am referred to as a "cracker" or honky" , I should just grin and bear it?.....probably because I'm one of those white privileged, right?.....

About 25 years ago I was the Chef of a restaurant in LA.  I was in the locker room with one of my cooks who was black. We were shooting the *****.

Me:  Funny how the British have different words for foods. Like fries are chips. Potato chips are crisps. And they call crackers something else but I don’t remember ?. (It’s biscuits)

Him:  White people?? 

The look on his face was priceless. A look of holy *****!!  Did I really just say that??  I’m really really sorry!!  ???

I laughed my ass off and said “now that’s some funny ***** right there!”  

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

About 25 years ago I was the Chef of a restaurant in LA.  I was in the locker room with one of my cooks who was black. We were shooting the *****.

Me:  Funny how the British have different words for foods. Like fries are chips. Potato chips are crisps. And they call crackers something else but I don’t remember ?. (It’s biscuits)

Him:  White people?? 

The look on his face was priceless. A look of holy *****!!  Did I really just say that??  I’m really really sorry!!  ???

I laughed my ass off and said “now that’s some funny ***** right there!”  

...the "old days" of back 'n forth fun banter....today?.....you'd be in jail for something....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

“When someone calls you racist, what they are saying is ‘hmm, you actually have a point, and I don’t know how to answer it, so perhaps if I distract you by calling you a bigot we’ll both forget how enlightened your comment was’.”

- Morrissey

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Call the Atlanta Police............oh wait.

Drive-by shooting in Atlanta neighborhood leaves 2 dead, 5 injured, police say

by Stephen Sorace

Original Article

Deer runs into Black Lives Matter protest in New Jersey, seriously injuring woman

by Travis Fedschun

Original Article

Three people were injured, one seriously, while marching in a Black Lives Matter protest in New Jersey on Friday when a deer bolted into the crowd of demonstrators, according to officials. The South Brunswick Police Department said on Twitter the incident happened during Friday's "March for Justice," which began around 5 p.m. at South Brunswick High School. As demonstrators marched along County Route 533, a deer ran from the high school property into the marchers, according to police.

The deer was protesting too.

DLM.

Too bad the deer didn’t take out that whole crowd of thugs.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Well, fake news mostly.  This happened in 2012 and she was sentenced to 12 years on multiple counts of selling narcotics with the sentence being suspended after 5 years.  The school thing seems was just a throw in.  Now you can argue that the 12 year (5 years served) sentence was harsh and Trump has signed the first step act which addresses this sort of thing. 

https://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Tanya-McDowell-sentenced-to-5-years-in-prison-3437974.php

About 8 years ago I considered buying a farmhouse just on the county line a couple miles from my house.  Part of the property was in the county we lived in and where my children attended school, the other in the neighboring county.  As it turned out, the mailing address was the other county, and my children would have had to change schools had we moved.   I spoke with administration, explained my situation, half-in the county half-out, right on a bus route, or I could drop my children off and pick them up. As I recall, there was a tax bill due on the property in the town where I live, so presumably there was a connection for my request.

The school district relented and told me that for $11,000 per year, per child, they would work with me.  As I have three children, the math all told would have been around $100,000 to make it all happen.   I chose to pass on the house, though not before mentioning that I knew of two or three teachers in our district that lived in other counties but their children attended our school gratis.  

My point is that had I tried to beat the system, at $33,000 per year I’m thinking it could be a pretty big deal when caught. Then again, I wasn’t trafficking da hooch in addition to grifting the school district, so maybe they just drop a letter grade off the kids report card? 

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Does anyone else feel like half the country's trippin on strong acid and demanding that the rest of us see their hallucinations?

No, just TDS sufferers who ran out of meds.

• Like (+1) 3