Liberal Protests

B-Man

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Some colloquialisms make so much sense because they are so sensible.

"Look before you leap" always comes to mind.  The appropriate response is to move appropriately.  The reality is that had the officer been arrested on the spot, the AutoZone, Ginny's Craft Emporium and Taco Bell would likely still be smoldering.    

I cannot tell you how many datelines I've watched where the murdered was known, the facts clear cut, and the announcer says "Three years went by...the case growing cold...when...".    The families of those victims are no less engaged, no less emotional, no less desirous of justice. I know rationally that if GF was my brother, I'd want vengence.  I also know in a free and civilized society, I'm the last guy that should be on the jury. 

Once again....there is a difference between being arrested and being convicted. Each step plays its own unique role in our justice system.

10 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

No. I find it more likely that one ####### went off on his own rather than a brilliant master plan.

Being a cop looking to get his murdering buddy off and being a white supremacist are not mutually exclusive

would you protect a murderous buddy? 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Once again....there is a difference between being arrested and being convicted. Each step plays its own unique role in our justice system.

Deek, I think you're on point on a lot of issues.  This ain't one of them.  If the evidence was clear, the statute obvious, the charge indisputable, we would agree.  The plan should not be...charge him with something, anything and we'll sort through it later.  See, for example, Casey Anthony.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Some colloquialisms make so much sense because they are so sensible.

"Look before you leap" always comes to mind.  The appropriate response is to move appropriately.  The reality is that had the officer been arrested on the spot, the AutoZone, Ginny's Craft Emporium and Taco Bell would likely still be smoldering.    

I cannot tell you how many datelines I've watched where the murdered was known, the facts clear cut, and the announcer says "Three years went by...the case growing cold...when...".    The families of those victims are no less engaged, no less emotional, no less desirous of justice. I know rationally that if GF was my brother, I'd want vengence.  I also know in a free and civilized society, I'm the last guy that should be on the jury. 

And those killings/ shootings go on every day with little outcry on a national level. Stores don’t burn and looting doesn’t happen. While this was not a shooting, the same still applies. Many or most care little about the justice they feign to demand, have little outrage but just a wish to virtue signal to the rest of us. They care only about who did the killing, not that a life was lost. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Deek, I think you're on point on a lot of issues.  This ain't one of them.  If the evidence was clear, the statute obvious, the charge indisputable, we would agree.  The plan should not be...charge him with something, anything and we'll sort through it later.  See, for example, Casey Anthony.  

Yep. A process must be followed because the individual to potentially be charged was not a civilian. This is obvious and doesn’t mean that an arrest won’t happen. 

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I'm no legal expert but I believe the charge would be manslaughter. Is there really a question that the officer killed the guy?  The issue here, with the people of Minneapolis, is that given the EXACT SAME circumstances, they all know that they would have been arrested...on the spot!  Nobody is asking for a public lynching without due process.

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

I'm no legal expert but I believe the charge would be manslaughter. Is there really a question that the officer killed the guy?  The issue here, with the people of Minneapolis, is that given the EXACT SAME circumstances, they all know that they would have been arrested...on the spot!  Nobody is asking for a public lynching without due process.

Dude, it's murder.

That's indisputable. All the ancillary ***** that's happening since the killing is unjustified, but the cop's a murderer.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

Seriously? You mean you have an empirical study that shows there is no disproportionality, or that you haven't seen any evidence that there is? 

Both.

I'd have to look up the specifics, and there are many, but one that sticks out in my mind is a Harvard study several years ago that found that on a per police encounter basis, black people were actually less likely to be shot than white people.

On the other side of that equation, the reason you never hear the real aggregate numbers is because they betray the narrative. Yes, innocent people, black and white, are killed by cops every year for a variety of reasons. But the odds of being the victim of one of those incidents is roughly on par with the odds of being killed by lightning.

That's why we're still hearing about the "murder" of a guy who died of a heart attack while being arrested 6 years ago. The evidence is pretty sparce.

5 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I wouldn't. But I'm not part of the legendary Blue Wall.

I'm sure you know this from your time serving as a law enforcement officer?

Tell us how it works and how extensive it is....

Just now, Rob's House said:

Both.

I'd have to look up the specifics, and there are many, but one that sticks out in my mind is a Harvard study several years ago that found that on a per police encounter basis, black people were actually less likely to be shot than white people.

On the other side of that equation, the reason you never hear the real aggregate numbers is because they betray the narrative. Yes, innocent people, black and white, are killed by cops every year for a variety of reasons. But the odds of being the victim of one of those incidents is roughly on par with the odds of being killed by lightning.

That's why we're still hearing about the "murder" of a guy who died of a heart attack while being arrested 6 years ago. The evidence is pretty sparce.

I agree that many if not most of these cases are complete bull####.

I don't think that this is one of them.

That cop committed homicide, and should be tried for it.

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Dude, it's murder.

That's indisputable. All the ancillary ***** that's happening since the killing is unjustified, but the cop's a murderer.

The cops are going down, yet the masses feel the need to destroy their own cities.

Makes sense, doesn't it? ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Again, civilians are not acting under color of law nor do they have indemnification in use of deadly force in most instances. A full review is required before the proper charges can be filed and the cause of death will be 100% relevant to what that charge actually is. 

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Do you see it now? Do you get it now if you didn’t before?

image.thumb.jpeg.2d8cbb49d08446d9fa261ee13cfe082c.jpeg

The President of the United States, my friends. 

You're a *****.

One group hasn't killed anyone, hasn't destroyed any property, hasn't incited a riot. The other has.

Fool

• Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Do you see it now? Do you get it now if you didn’t before?

image.thumb.jpeg.2d8cbb49d08446d9fa261ee13cfe082c.jpeg

The President of the United States, my friends. 

Peaceful protests vs looters and rioters. End of story. If you can’t see it, you’re blinded by CNN

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

You're a *****.

One group hasn't killed anyone, hasn't destroyed any property, hasn't incited a riot. The other has.

Fool

All these Trump haters will spew their fake fvcking outrage no matter the President says or does.

Imagine if he was silent on this, he would still be getting roasted by these fake fvcking outragers. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yep. A process must be followed because the individual to potentially be charged was not a civilian. This is obvious and doesn’t mean that an arrest won’t happen. 

Disagree.  A process must be followed because we have due process of law in this country. In the state criminal context the “badge” doesn’t make for a different review process.  It may be that the process is more difficult because of the role played by the person under investigation at the time of what apparently was a homicide here, but there’s no special or different treatment here because the “target” of the investigation acted in a law enforcement capacity at the time of the incident in question.  

• Like (+1) 1