Chris Hogan visiting Patriots-Signs $12M offer sheet

Why bring race into the discussion if "your not saying they are"? Just curious.

They go after high IQ players on both sides of the ball, I have never met Hogan but maybe that's why he has interest. The Patriots have failed miserably at drafting WR's and nearly all of them were AA.

Look if I'm an NBA GM, I might really like the idea of a black power forward over a white one. That doesn't mean I'm racist against white people. I honestly don't think they're racist. But against the Bills last year, at one point I remember looking on the field and it was all white guys- they've always had a predominantly white offensive line, Brady, Gronk, Chandler, Edelman, Amendola and whoever their running back for the week was, was their only black guy. You simply do not see that in the NFL. Just saying, it's not a coincidence.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look if I'm an NBA GM, I might really like the idea of a black power forward over a white one. That doesn't mean I'm racist against white people. I honestly don't think they're racist. But against the Bills last year, at one point I remember looking on the field and it was all white guys- they've always had a predominantly white offensive line, Brady, Gronk, Chandler, Edelman, Amendola and whoever their running back for the week was, was their only black guy. You simply do not see that in the NFL. Just saying, it's not a coincidence.

For a while even their RB was Danny Woodhead

Please elaborate

Well another poster suggested they would be highly interested in Mccaffery, I would guess the poster is right as he attends Stanford I'm willing to bet he has something inside that squash. The patriots offense is complex and full of options routes based on coverages and situations. BB and Brady seem to value guys who can learn and listen over guys who are just relying on their physical talents. Troy Brown, Edelman, Welker all highly respected by coach BB.

The patriots last successful drafted starting WR was Bethel Johnson picked in 2003. Then they picked Edelman a few years ago in the 7th round who was a converted quarterback. The Pats don't use high picks on WR's and when they tried it they failed with Dobson and Boyce in the middle rounds. Two staters drafted in 13 years.

I think it's a shame to say they look at color when it seems pretty clear they value experienced route runners who have a good head on their shoulders.

Well another poster suggested they would be highly interested in Mccaffery, I would guess the poster is right as he attends Stanford I'm willing to bet he has something inside that squash. The patriots offense is complex and full of options routes based on coverages and situations. BB and Brady seem to value guys who can learn and listen over guys who are just relying on their physical talents. Troy Brown, Edelman, Welker all highly respected by coach BB.

The patriots last successful drafted starting WR was Bethel Johnson picked in 2003. Then they picked Edelman a few years ago in the 7th round who was a converted quarterback. The Pats don't use high picks on WR's and when they tried it they failed with Dobson and Boyce in the middle rounds. Two staters drafted in 13 years.

I think it's a shame to say they look at color when it seems pretty clear they value experienced route runners who have a good head on their shoulders.

Alright Mr. PC, we get your point. Not at all strange that they always have a predominantly white OL, Woodhead, Welker, Edelman, Amendola, interest in Hogan, et al.

Bob Woods is known as a precise route runner...many other black WR's as well. To put all the Pats' WR's in the basket of "intelligent route runners" begs the question IMO.

Exactly, I already alluded to that. It's bizarre.

It wasn't bizarre when it was Corey Dillon, Deion Branch, Givens, Faulk, and Troy Brown.

Perhaps white skill players are undervalued in the market place? Maybe they aren't scouted as heavily, or can be had with lower draft picks, for lower salaries. Teams asked Gerhardt some racially charged questions leading up to his draft. Toby isn't even his real name. That was a name given to him by his coach in highschool. His real name is Qwijibo.

It wasn't bizarre when it was Corey Dillon, Deion Branch, Givens, Faulk, and Troy Brown.

Perhaps white skill players are undervalued in the market place? Maybe they aren't scouted as heavily, or can be had with lower draft picks, for lower salaries. Teams asked Gerhardt some racially charged questions leading up to his draft. Toby isn't even his real name. That was a name given to him by his coach in highschool. His real name is Qwijibo.

Or Joey Galloway, or Chad Ochocinco, or Tim Wright

Or Joey Galloway, or Chad Ochocinco, or Tim Wright

Yes. The Patriots have also employed black players, which runs counter to my contention that ONLY white players have ever played wide receiver for the Patriots. Do you disagree that they have employed by far the highest percentage of white players at skill positions of any team in the league in the last decade? Because of course they have. I'm not saying it's racist or means anything at all. I just said it's weird, that's all.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Bob Woods is known as a precise route runner...many other black WR's as well. To put all the Pats' WR's in the basket of "intelligent route runners" begs the question IMO.

Bob Woods isn't a free agent? What's that have to do with anything? They are bringing in Mohammed Sanu for a look...another former QB who is black. It has nothing to do with race lol it's so off base it's ridiculous.

Someone said the whole offensive line is white? Uhh they drafted Shaq Mason and Tre' Jackson last year..year before that Cameron Fleming.

In all seriousness, why are the Patriots so obsessed with white wide receivers? There's like ten white wide receivers and most of them have played for the Pats at one time or another. They had double white tight ends last year, they had like the only white running back in football for a while; like seriously, what gives?

NE has 7 WR's on the roster.......2 are white

If you had the option to swap him out for Brandon Lafell at roughly the same price point, I think it'd be a positive step for the team. Lafell is better suited for the role we need of a field stretcher - Unfortunately he had hands of stone last season and seems to be seeing no interest.

Edited by DasNootz