The Bills best draft pick ever.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By 88 they were in the playoffs

Think about over what 3-4 years they brought in Bruce, Kelly, Andre, Thurman, Bennett, Hull and others. Damn!!!

My only regret in that period with regard to talent acquisition was picking Shane Conlan over Rod Woodson. :cry:

Bill - I'm usually pretty good with the history of the Bills, but don't remember the link between OJ and Jim Kelly. I remember OJ leaving for San Francisco, but nothing more, and that was at least a couple to,a few years before the 83 draft. Can you educate myself and the crew. I'm sure the younger guys would be interested in the history. Thanks bud.

And yet, Tony Hunter was picked by the Bills ahead of Jim Kelly, go figure.....

wow tough call:

1. Andre as a 4th round pick is great value considering he was a HOFer.

2. Thurman was also great value as a 2nd rounder who made the HOF.

3. and even though he was picked at #1 overall, #78 has to be considered because again he was a HOFer

No love for the 9th round pick Steve Tasker? One of the greatest special team's player of all time, a changer of field position?

Tasker was picked up of of waivers from Houston and was not a draft choice of the Bills.

With that said he was probably the greatest waiver wire pick up ever...

Fred Smerlas: 2nd round pick starting every game in the 1980's as well as a pro bowl selection numerous seasons. Defined the position f nose tackle.

wow tough call:

1. Andre as a 4th round pick is great value considering he was a HOFer.

2. Thurman was also great value as a 2nd rounder who made the HOF.

3. and even though he was picked at #1 overall, #78 has to be considered because again he was a HOFer

Andre Reed and Thurman Thomas!

OJ & Bruce were great picks but neither turned around the franchise until others got here. Kelly you can make the argument made the Bills relevant as soon as he got here.

Andre for value pick. 4th rounder into HOF.

Sestak was just a couple years before my time

You could argue, that Kelly, who was staunchly against Buffalo, would have continued to hold out if not for the presence of Blue Chip Players...ie BRUUUUUUCCCEE

IIRC it was Cousineau who was linked to Kelly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Cousineau

Both OJ and Cousineau led to the Bills eventually getting JK12.

I didn't know this full story. So the Bills traded OJ for a pick, selected a guy who decided to go to the CFL instead, and upon his return traded him for another pick, selecting a guy who instead chose to go to the USFL? Sweet Jeebus.