The Bills best draft pick ever.

He never got enough of a chance to play with Levitre long-term, for the best effect.

A line featuring Wang, Levitre and Wood? The marketing writes itself. The Western New York economy would've been completely reinvigorated by the billions of dollars in tshirt sales alone.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Bruce is a "Mt. Rushmore" defensive end. Still a great value pick. He wasn't just a great player. He was arguably the greatest ever.

He would NOT have been if Rusty Jones had not been on staff and even Bruce admits this.

No love for the 9th round pick Steve Tasker? One of the greatest special team's player of all time, a changer of field position?

He was NOT drafted by Bills - he was signed by Bills when his team tried to waive him for a week to allow them to sign another player to replace an injured player for a week.

OJ & Bruce don't really apply here, IMO. They were both taken #1 overall. These picks are expected to be perennial Pro-Bowlers, HOF candidates if they have a long, healthy career.

Tom Sestak, 17th Round pick '62

I get Chandler's point of view and Sestak was an amazingly productive pick for the 17th round.

But I also see OJ and Bruce as great picks. OJ was one of the best players ever. Bruce was one of the 2 best DEs ever.

Any pick that nets you a generational talent is a good pick, even if it came at the top of the draft.

With no offense meant toward Kelly, Cookie, or any other Wall-of-Famer, OJ and Bruce were - in my mind - the two best Bills of all time. Thus they were very good picks.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Who wins the totally subjective choice as the Bills best draft pick ever? Your thoughts?

I would argue that OJ gets the prize for the combination of his play and then his trade which indirectly led to the selection of Jim Kelly.

Without that trade who knows where Jim, arguably the winner of best Bills draft pick ever, ends up.

It's still Jim, thanx OJ

Here you go...

In one of the most involved train of events, the 1979 Bills #1 draft choice, Tom Cousineau, also obtained in the OJ trade to San Fran gets packaged along with future draft choices of no account but end up with the Bills getting Clevelands #1 pick in 1983 - for some Miami QB - Jim Kelly

http://www.billsdaily.com/draft/2004/historyprint.shtml

But I gotta go with BRUCE

bad things man.

Edited by SRQ_BillsFan

OJ & Bruce don't really apply here, IMO. They were both taken #1 overall. These picks are expected to be perennial Pro-Bowlers, HOF candidates if they have a long, healthy career.

Tom Sestak, 17th Round pick '62

Of course you're right BUT, the "17th round" is a real blast from the past!

OJ & Bruce don't really apply here, IMO. They were both taken #1 overall. These picks are expected to be perennial Pro-Bowlers, HOF candidates if they have a long, healthy career.Tom Sestak, 17th Round pick '62

beat me to it, I saw Tom Day, Ron McDole, Jim Dunaway, Harry Jacobs, Mike Stratton, John Tracy,George Saimes, Booker Edgerson, Butch Byrd, etc, but Tom Sestak was great and being a 27 round pick has to be best ever Edited by BuffaloBillsMagic1