Are the Dolphins a concern for you?

161 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Dolphins Defense a concern for the Bills

• Yes
    • Heck NO!

I kind of feel the Dolphins are where the Bills were when we signed Mario Williams under Wannstache. Everyone was saying "on paper, we have the best DL in the NFL". On paper, the Dolphins may now have one of the best DL in the NFL, but football games are played on Sunday, not on paper. Who do they have at LB? What's their secondary?

As long as they don't kill Taylor, I'm not worried about them. Suh is a dirty dog, no question.

We just need to somehow trade for Austin Howard and that will neutralize Mario.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck no, while closer to my view might be overstated. I'm never concerned about the bills opponents too much as the bills simply need to be good enough to beat them - and the patriots are still the measuring stick in the afce and the NFL overall. Could the moves made improve the phins defense? Sure. I am more a beliver now than ever that the combination of player and scheme are what ultimately matter. Thus, suh, Mario kiko, if used right could be a force. Could also be a very pricey farce.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

So instead of keeping their own and developing him further, Oliver Vernon who's only 25, they pick up a 31 year old FA who just came off arguably his worst year as a pro.

Makes sense.

@AdamSchefter

Dolphins have pulled the transition tag on LB/DE on Olivier Vernon, per source. Now a free agent. Will command big dollars.

@AdamSchefter

Dolphins pulled transition tag because they will get a compensatory draft pick when Olivier Vernon leaves; wouldn't have if he left tagged.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Was initially worried, but:

• Signing Mario means good-bye to Vernon and maybe Wake too.
  • The cut Grimes and brought in Maxwell. Remember Grimes was in the Pro Bowl (I have no idea why - - he sucked). Maxwell is a marginal upgrade, generally, he sucks too.
  • Bills Kiko was near ROY and Pro Bowler. Eagles Kiko was a day late and a dollar short on most plays.
  • They still have Tannehill and I have never liked him - the Dolphins settled on him.
  • The Dolphins OL is still in shambles.
  • No real running game either.

So at this point, I am not worried. The potential dysfunction Mario brings and the coupling with Suh and the losses of Vernon and maybe Wake make the DL issue a wash.

Edited by Never NEVER Give-up

We just need to somehow trade for Austin Howard and that will neutralize Mario.

excellent memory.

Some folks forget how Mario was going go on this crazy terror spree. should have been the first clue

Not in the slightest.

Their QB is awful. The D got older. Kiko has had 6 good games in his career, cant shed blocks and is to small.

Btw they still have Kelvin Sheppard

I thought Sheppard was FA now?

Maybe Vernon was going to be too expensive for them so they decided to go a little bit cheaper with Mario. Regardless, not a good move.

If things don't go right at the beginning of games for their D-line, is anyone going to be surprised if Suh and Mario phone it in by halftime?

Maybe Vernon was going to be too expensive for them so they decided to go a little bit cheaper with Mario. Regardless, not a good move.

If things don't go right at the beginning of games for their D-line, is anyone going to be surprised if Suh and Mario phone it in by halftime?

Vernon was already tagged so they had his cap number....they are going to lose Grimes , Wake and Oliver......adding Mario, Maxwell and Kiko......and people complain about Whaley....

Vernon was already tagged so they had his cap number....they are going to lose Grimes , Wake and Oliver......adding Mario, Maxwell and Kiko......and people complain about Whaley....

Good call, I didn't realize that.

I like this as well. Just goes to show spending the most in free agency doesn't necessarily lead to winning.

Between the 2011-15 seasons, the Dolphins spent $221,620,000 in guaranteed money on free agents, the most of any team

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/707581818363490304

Edited by elroy16

Miami is a disaster the deal for Alonzo/Maxwell is back on, enjoy your overpaid/washed up/injured defense.

Dolphins acquired WLB Kiko Alonso, CB Byron Maxwell, and the No. 13 overall pick in the 2016 draft from the Eagles in exchange for the No. 8 overall pick in this year's draft.

Alonso was thrown into the deal as a way to sweeten the pot for the Dolphins to take on mega-bust, damaged goods CB Byron Maxwell and his disgusting six-year, $63 million contract. Alonso is coming off a 2014 torn ACL of his own and again partially tore the same ligament last season before returning for the final nine games of the season after missing seven weeks. When healthy, Alonso is a dynamic, athletic, rangy linebacker, but he comes with a ton of risk.