Mario to sign with Miami? [UPDATE: Signed]

boater

Posted this in one of the Dolphins threads but this is one of their beat reporters - sounds like they are well aware of his poor attitude and lack of leadership

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article65091092.html

Well if the media says it, it must be true. It's hilarious how he lacked leadership when he was a captain for us in 2014.

Can anyone find a thread where we were questioning Mario's leadership or talent after 2014?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if the media says it, it must be true. It's hilarious how he lacked leadership when he was a captain for us in 2014.

Can anyone find a thread where we were questioning Mario's leadership or talent after 2014?

I'm sure you could find those questions back in Houston.

You think Mario is a leader?

it isn't 2014 my friend. And I have no idea how good of a leader he was as a captain, do you?

I'm sure you could find those questions back in Houston.

You think Mario is a leader?

He's not a rah rah leader (which is sometimes BS to me). But I've watched him, Kyle, Dareus, & all work on their craft throughout the course of games. And some guys just command respect because of their talent and their stature.

I never once questioned his heart as a Bill until he played in this system.

Nobody questions when your producing the way you should

Agree but he and others have said this system limits their production since training camp.

Funny thing is, we heard all these themes out of Houston when he left there and came here. Many of us stuck our fingers in our ears, myself included.

And yeah, when you're producing and times are good, nobody is worried about leadership. I would argue, leadership isn't really tested when things are going well (as they were on the 2014 defense). It's when things aren't going well that real leaders rise up. It sure doesn't seem like Mario did that in 2015. He complained in the media and clearly gave less than full effort at times.

Edited by jimmy10

Funny thing is, we heard all these themes out of Houston when he left there and came here. Many of us stuck our fingers in our ears, myself included.

And yeah, when you're producing and times are good, nobody is worried about leadership. I would argue, leadership isn't really tested when things are going well (as they were on the 2014 defense). It's when things aren't going well that real leaders rise up. It sure doesn't seem like Mario did that in 2015. He complained in the media and clearly gave less than full effort at times.

I didn't. Nor have I seen anyone link to these themes recently. I have seen many people push the narrative that he quit on his team in Houston because he only had 5 sacks his last year there. I've heard they couldn't wait to get rid of him. Its not true, but I've seen it posted many times.

I didn't. Nor have I seen anyone link to these themes recently. I have seen many people push the narrative that he quit on his team in Houston because he only had 5 sacks his last year there. I've heard they couldn't wait to get rid of him. Its not true, but I've seen it posted many times.

Really? I mean, I don't have any links handy or anything, but I honestly remember Houston people saying, "Bah, he's overpaid, you can have him, he's introverted, he's capricious, he's a diva, blah blah blah." I distinctly remember one Houston article about what an introverted weirdo he was, having never gone to a Houston Rockets game after several years there, and when he did, he sat off in a corner of the luxury box, alone.

But me, I willfully chose to ignore that because I thought it might do him some good to get out of the spotlight, pressure situation he was in being the #1 overall pick, and also because he said such nice things about Buffalo when he got here. He loved the small town vibe, it reminded him of home, etc, etc.

And he was GREAT, for those 2-3 years. He's immensely gifted. My god, have you ever seen him up close? I got to sit right behind the bench once two years ago. Even on an NFL sideline filled with very large human beings, he stands out, built like something out of a comic book!

But it seems, when the going got tough for the D last year, he wilted. I'm sad it came to that, but he needed to go. Like I said earlier in this thread, appreciating what Mario did for this team in previous years, and recognizing how things fell off the table last year are not mutually exclusive things.

Really? I mean, I don't have any links handy or anything, but I honestly remember Houston people saying, "Bah, he's overpaid, you can have him, he's introverted, he's capricious, he's a diva, blah blah blah." I distinctly remember one Houston article about what an introverted weirdo he was, having never gone to a Houston Rockets game after several years there, and when he did, he sat off in a corner of the luxury box, alone.

But me, I willfully chose to ignore that because I thought it might do him some good to get out of the spotlight, pressure situation he was in being the #1 overall pick, and also because he said such nice things about Buffalo when he got here. He loved the small town vibe, it reminded him of home, etc, etc.

And he was GREAT, for those 2-3 years. He's immensely gifted. My god, have you ever seen him up close? I got to sit right behind the bench once two years ago. Even on an NFL sideline filled with very large human beings, he stands out, built like something out of a comic book!

But it seems, when the going got tough for the D last year, he wilted. I'm sad it came to that, but he needed to go. Like I said earlier in this thread, appreciating what Mario did for this team in previous years, and recognizing how things fell off the table last year are not mutually exclusive things.

I do recall some of that. They said he was quiet, didn't like the media or attention. It didn't seem overly concerning at the time. Not every star player needs to be a leader in my opinion. Especially when we had FJ and KW to cement that locker room.

In the context of what happened last year, yes, it paints a clearer picture. Good player. Had the potential to be a great player. Sh@#%y teammate.

Mario can still play and he will be good for the Phins. He will also play the Bills extremely tough.

Mario seems like he has an up and down personality when it comes to the game. He is going to be ready to prove he can do it. He still is in great shape and can be a force. To think he isn't going to be chasing TT around is living in denial.

Mario can still play and he will be good for the Phins. He will also play the Bills extremely tough.

Mario seems like he has an up and down personality when it comes to the game. He is going to be ready to prove he can do it. He still is in great shape and can be a force. To think he isn't going to be chasing TT around is living in denial.

Apparently it all depends on scheme. If it's a scheme that Mario likes then he will be effective, otherwise he will stink.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently it all depends on scheme. If it's a scheme that Mario likes then he will be effective, otherwise he will stink.

I think the scheme for at least the next two year sin Miami will be to Mario's liking, that is why he signed there.

I am expecting much complaining from people on here when Mario looks like a beast in the two games this year against Miami. We will try to remind them about this past season here and they will counter with it being Rex's fault. The same people who blame gun companies for violence.

The hot takes!

@albertbreer

One ex-Bills teammate said Mario Williams' effort was "Bad. Ask the Jets, they were talking about it before we played them."

@priscoCBS

He will be healthy after his year off.

thats cute that he was bad with effort - i gues they'd know lack of effort.