Mario to sign with Miami? [UPDATE: Signed]

boater

I hope he gets injured.

Stay classy.

Says the 3 post guy who posts a bs article

Why is BS? Because you don't agree with it?

Vernon better. At best lateral move, but they save a few million in cap. Vernon will get a huge deal.

I must have missed where Vernon was an all pro two years ago.

Again, we are re-writing history. When motivated (which he was for his Bills career pre Rex), he was one of the best DEs in the NFL. He could be entering the downside of his career but people need to stop pretending like Mario was a scrub.

Right now, Miami got better and we got worse. And $8 million in Florida is a lot different than $8 million in Buffalo.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay classy.

Again, we are re-writing history. When motivated (which he was for his Bills career pre Rex), he was one of the best DEs in the NFL. He could be entering the downside of his career but people need to stop pretending like Mario was a scrub.

Right now, Miami got better and we got worse. And $8 million in Florida is a lot different than $8 million in Buffalo.

I didn't say he was an all pro, I said he was better.

Miami also lost Brent Grimes.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Exactly this.

Miami is the perfect place to relax on the beach

Let's home that he is going to down there to retire. But he still was one of the dominant Bills players for a three year stretch. I have no hard feelings and wish him the best minus Bills games.

Tannehill probably loves this move.

Let's home that he is going to down there to retire. But he still was one of the dominant Bills players for a three year stretch. I have no hard feelings and wish him the best minus Bills games.

Tannehill probably loves this move.

Good player, yes. Dominant, hardly.

Edited by GG

Stay classy.

Whether or not that is true remains to be seen. Mario had 19 tackles last year and 5 sacks. My guess is that whoever replaces him beats those numbers, so did we really get worse and did Miami really get better? Time will tell. Personally I don't want a guy on my team that quits on his teammates.

Whether or not that is true remains to be seen. Mario had 19 tackles last year and 5 sacks. My guess is that whoever replaces him beats those numbers, so did we really get worse and did Miami really get better? Time will tell. Personally I don't want a guy on my team that quits on his teammates.

Mario was our leading sacker this year as sad as was. Everyone's sack numbers went down across the board. We forced a system on a great d line and it was an awful season.

Pre Rex, the idea that Vernon (with 29 sacks in 4 years) was better than Mario would have been laughable. But after one year in a defense where nearly everyone got worse, people don't think losing him is a big loss. It is, and if motivated, a rival got better. That sucks.

I hope we show highlights of Mario's Greatest Slapfights on the Jumbotron at the Fish game this year.

Or we could show we he nearly killed Tannehill to win a game or 4 sacks against Newton.

It's possible you're right...It's also possible at 31 Mario is on a swift downwards path...It happens to really good D-Linemen all the time when they reach his age...

We'll just have to see...But I think, based on last season, assuming Miami got better and the Bills got worse is far from determined yet... B-)

Or we could show we he nearly killed Tannehill to win a game or 4 sacks against Newton.

Acknowledging Mario's greatness in the past and pointing out the embarrassment that was his performance last year are not mutually exclusive things.

It's possible you're right...It's also possible at 31 Mario is on a swift downwards path...It happens to really good D-Linemen all the time when they reach his age...

We'll just have to see...But I think, based on last season, assuming Miami got better and the Bills got worse is far from determined yet... B-)

I agree with this. I just know we had a beast at DE, arguably the 2nd best in the NFL at one of the hardest positions to find talent. It sucks losing that for nothing.

And I assume that there would be no drop off from Schwartz to Rex. If anything, I assumed we would be better. I have never been more wrong in my life and it definitely has affected my outlook for this season.

Acknowledging Mario's greatness in the past and pointing out the embarrassment that was his performance last year are not mutually exclusive things.

That's fair. But it's like folks are trying to destroy the guy when he was a great Bills PR (pre Rex).

That's fair. But it's like folks are trying to destroy the guy when he was a great Bills PR (pre Rex).

And that also is fair. Me personally, I wanted to root for him so bad and even appreciated his quiet personality. But once he started calling out the scheme this year, that gave me pause. Then to hear the "Rex has to meet me halfway" talk, I was like ehhhh... Then to see the compiled video evidence put together recently sold me. Dude just quit on his team this season. Thanks for the memories, homeslice. Don't let the door hit you in the A.

And that also is fair. Me personally, I wanted to root for him so bad and even appreciated his quiet personality. But once he started calling out the scheme this year, that gave me pause. Then to hear the "Rex has to meet me halfway" talk, I was like ehhhh... Then to see the compiled video evidence put together recently sold me. Dude just quit on his team this season. Thanks for the memories, homeslice. Don't let the door hit you in the A.

Again, I agree with this too. But:

1 - he's not the only Bill

2 - he was right because the defense wasn't close to as good

3 - Rex should have benched him then

4 - we created another hole to fill

But it's done. I hate that he went to a rival. I really want Rex to have a great D this year and shove it in the doubters' face. But I can't say I'm thrilled with the start of the Rex era.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000642408/article/mario-williams-close-to-deal-with-dolphins

Sucks for Dolphins.

But there will 2 games a year Mario will be motivated for. That's not a good thing. Motivated Mario is a force.

The other 14 games a year, he is overpaid.

according to that article the dolphins play in the nfc east :lol: