Mario to sign with Miami? [UPDATE: Signed]

boater

Guys not a leader... Neither is Suh. Neither is Kiko. Neither is Maxwell.

And they're going to cut wake and vernon? Yikes.

They signed Mario cause Wake is done. Coming of an Achilles and is 34, he has a huge cap number too. Mario is the replacement.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said in the other thread... at $8mil / year, what do you think the Bills were offering before they cut him? He had indicated he'd consider a discount to stay.

Taking 8 million from Miami is different than taking 8 million from the Bills. He never had a contract with Miami. And ultimately, he didn't leave Buff because of money. I think when he kept opening his mouth about the D, coupled with his play, it was a done deal for him. Not to mention the strength of the draft is the D-line.

Agreed.

But would it shock you to see Mario with 8 to 10 sacks next year?

The tape don't lie is right and the tape shows everyone on our defensive line's production being down.

Wouldn't be surprised at all. And for 8 mil that would be a good investment for Miami.

They got Maxwell, Kiko and Mario...they are going to lose Vernon, Miller, Grimes and Stills. That's a pretty bad start to 16' and they also lost draft position in the 1st round and possible a mid round pick?

I'd be smashing plastic tables if I was a Dolphins fan today.

This.

Just like I said the Bills/ Rex invited Antonio Chrom. in as courtesy and it's good PR to keep up a good relationship with him. Mario W stated he's be willing to take a pay cut to stay was nothing more than Mario trying to be the "good guy". Fan's shouldn't rip for leaving as he was willing to take a pay cut, it's all on the Bill's. In reality he knew there was no way the Bills would ever agree to it so he's just trying to make himself out to be the hero.

As I said in the other thread... at $8mil / year, what do you think the Bills were offering before they cut him? He had indicated he'd consider a discount to stay.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/03/08/nfl-free-agency-grades-rumors-contracts

Dolphins sign DE Mario Williams

Details: Two-year, $16 million deal. After posting double-digit sacks his first two seasons in Buffalo, Williams had five last year and openly complained about Rex Ryan’s defensive scheme. He is 31, so you wonder if he’s just on a downward career trajectory, but going short on years and money somewhat protects the Dolphins. Williams should be better as an end in Miami, and he should be a better fit than Olivier Vernon, who was tagged as the transition player and could be signed/traded by someone else. Grade: B+

Gonna be a dangerous line, especially if Mario is back to being motivated.

That is what people said about the Dolphins line before last season. The reality was different. I am not sure Mario makes them better, but I believe he will certainly be more motivated, at least at the start.