Mario to sign with Miami? [UPDATE: Signed]

boater

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said in the other thread... at $8mil / year, what do you think the Bills were offering before they cut him? He had indicated he'd consider a discount to stay.

That was all a PR move... He wasn't considering anything.

Edited by Beef Jerky

ha

If he's signing this quickly, looks like there wasn't a lot of interest out there

Right his agent said he would sign with the first team to offer him 10 million per, now he is back with his first dance partner working on something in the 8 million range. His former defensive coordinator didn't even blink at him...Jags and Raiders have a ton of money to spend and neither have even been rumored to be interested.

Giants took a one handed JPP over him. I'm glad he isn't getting any overwhelming offers, too many players bust their backside for peanuts. Then we have a half hearted mercenary cashing powerball checks. Good riddance!! I hope we run a few power running plays right over him.

@PFF_NateJahnke

Mario Williams had a pressure on 1 in every 13.7 pass rushes last year; 5th worst for 4-3 DEs. Vernon 1 in every 6.1 4th best. Wake 1 in 7.3

Good stat find.

The following Q is: was his lack of pressure due to motivation issues, or declining ability?

A holistic view of his career suggests motivation issues.

Bruce Smith could take him to the woodshed and transform him from primma donna to HoF athlete.

As I said in the other thread... at $8mil / year, what do you think the Bills were offering before they cut him? He had indicated he'd consider a discount to stay.

There is no way he would have agreed to a 50% pay cut to stay in Buffalo. These guys have too much pride for that.

Right his agent said he would sign with the first team to offer him 10 million per, now he is back with his first dance partner working on something in the 8 million range. His former defensive coordinator didn't even blink at him...Jags and Raiders have a ton of money to spend and neither have even been rumored to be interested.

Giants took a one handed JPP over him. I'm glad he isn't getting any overwhelming offers, too many players bust their backside for peanuts. Then we have a half hearted mercenary cashing powerball checks. Good riddance!! I hope we run a few power running plays right over him.

The market for his services just isn't as big as some thought.

Tape don't lie and personnel people talk to personnel people.

GO BILLS!!!