Mike Wallace anyone?/Signs w/ Balt.

Virgil

Clearly Roman and Rex have a hard on for guys who can only go deep. I can't imagine there being a huge market for him.

4-5 mil a year and just let him run verticals all day?

No thank you. 4-5 million???? We don't have the money. Get a rookie to run fast downfield- maybe someone who can return kicks as well

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad idea. Move Woods to the slot and have Wallace go deep outside. Of course you would like a better option but if they feel he fits the offense and still has a solid year left in him it could be a decent band aid type move. Throw Wallace out there for a year hope to get solid production for one year and then focus other resources on other needs.

He does fit the offense.

Yes Tyrod's deep ball proficiency seems like a perfect fit for Wallace and a very good fit for the Bills offense.

Since he left Pittsburgh he's had Tannehill and Bridgewater throwing to him......he couldn't have been more of a misfit with those dink and dunkers.

The Bills front office used to be pretty obsessed with his game.........they launched themselves about 4 rounds too soon up the draft board to select TJ Graham and then grasped at Marquis Goodwin in attempts to replicate success that Pitt had with Wallace.

There is a James Lofton parallel there......Lofton was cut and picked up as an afterthought by the Bills and their offense and JK's ability to get the ball downfield to him brought him back from the dead.

Ideally, I'd prefer to have a fast AND TALL WR opposite Watkins but if TT is completing deep balls to either side of the field the safeties are forced to play deep and split wide and that softens run defenses and leaves the middle of the field open for Clay down the seam.

Edited by #BADOL

Whaley knows him well.

Which is why he will not be coming to Buffalo.

If you look in a thesaurus under "football player" you'll find a picture of Mike Wallace........ under the antonyms.

He is a bad WR and worse teammate

Mike Wallace on leaving Vikings: 'I need a good quarterback'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000644693/article/mike-wallace-on-leaving-minnesota-i-need-a-good-quarterback?campaign=Twitter_atn

I mean this has been his rep for years.

That said, for his limited skill set, Flacco is a much better qb for him than Bridgewater.