Brock Osweiler - 4 yrs/72 mill in Houston(signed)

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds ridiculous, but that total includes incentives and there is nothing regarding structure. The reality of the contract might be far less extravagant. Leaking that selective information is probably a tactic used by the Broncos to create public pressure to push him to sign the deal.

I'm not convinced he is even game manager standard. But they won despite horrible QBing this season. It will never happen but the Peyton Manning that won this Superbowl should be mentioned with Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer as illustrations that occasionally a below average QB can win a Superbowl with a great team around him.

I'm not convinced he is even game manager standard. But they won despite horrible QBing this season. It will never happen but the Peyton Manning that won this Superbowl should be mentioned with Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer as illustrations that occasionally a below average QB can win a Superbowl with a great team around him.

and they benched Osweiler for that

I don't know my QB salaries, but I would pay him like a QB in the 10-15 range.

i think Foles, Osweiler, Dalton (with his pay as you go contract) is a suitable range for Taylor, if done this year.

If he has a great 2016 and the team goes to playoffs and then is signed, I think he would deserve more.

Edited by YoloinOhio

duly noted !

I would be kinda pissed if I were Taylor and I had to play this season at whatever his salary is, knowing that freaking Brock Osweiler is making $15 per.

Agreed on all accounts. Manning was quite literally the worst starting QB in the NFL this season. It will take a few years for some perspective but right now, he does not feel like a two time Super Bowl winning QB to me. Certainly not the way a John Elway is for instance. Edited by metzelaars_lives

I would be kinda pissed if I were Taylor and I had to play this season at whatever his salary is, knowing that freaking Brock Osweiler is making $15 per.

Agreed on all accounts. Manning was quite literally the worst starting QB in the NFL this season. It will take a few years for some perspective but right now, he does not feel like a two time Super Bowl winning QB to me. Certainly not the way a John Elway is for instance.

he was horrible in the SB. Just brutal. I know Carolina has a great defense but... Edited by YoloinOhio

Which is why I was banging the drum early to be proactive on a deal for Taylor.