Pats win SB because Brady's feelings are hurt

PromoTheRobot

http://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/tom-brady-texted-julian-edelman-after-he-got-booed-at-the-superbowl-and-said-everyone-!@#$ing-hates-us-lets-win-it-all-next-year/

Apparently being booed at this year's Super Bowl was enough for Tom Brady to actually try to win it all next year. I guess we should be grateful he was too full of rings to want it more this year.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mind on Brady over the last few years has changed. Honestly, I think he is one of the greatest QBs in NFL history and maybe one of the top 5 guys you should think of when starting a franchise.

That being said, he is also an insufferably little b****, isn't he?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I just cant give it to him. Hitting slant passes and somehow "guessing" the defenses doesnt equate to best-ever for me. With all the questions surrounding him and Belichick... cant do it. Cant get over it.

Looking at Manning over his career, he was so much more impressive. At least by the eyeball test. I would also say Marino and Elway were better. If you shrouded those guys in a "system" like Brady enjoys... as well as modern passing rules... I think they would have much more impressive careers

Also being more "motivated" there means cheating extra hard.

I just cant give it to him. Hitting slant passes and somehow "guessing" the defenses doesnt equate to best-ever for me. With all the questions surrounding him and Belichick... cant do it. Cant get over it.

Looking at Manning over his career, he was so much more impressive. At least by the eyeball test. I would also say Marino and Elway were better. If you shrouded those guys in a "system" like Brady enjoys... as well as modern passing rules... I think they would have much more impressive careers

Also being more "motivated" there means cheating extra hard.

May Day, Manning really wasn't my favorite player for a number of years. His tail spin starting in 2014 has influenced me a little bit, but just a little.

For years (and probably still now) the player I would start a team with is John Elway.

Back in Manning's day, pre 2014, he would be worth the price of admission/a ticket. Watching him run an offense and fling the ball everywhere was awesome. But yeah, its tough to get over the past 2 years looking at Manning as its fresh.

I would never classify Brady as an "I have to buy a ticket to see this guy" QB. Most times it seems their offense is predicated on "guessing correctly". They go for the sideline pass, slant pass, seam to TE, or a RB draw at the perfect times. Players are wide open and run after they have the ball. Now it does take mental skill to run the "system" or whatever you would call that as well as deliver the ball... but I dont know. Im not even sure if Brady has that extensive of a "highlight reel" of awesome/athletic plays.

As much as I hate the Patriots* I have come to really respect Brady.

When New England* sends him packing when he tries to hang on too long I'll probably cheer for him to beat them.

The guy has a burning passion for winning that not everyone has. It's kind of old school.

But I freaking love the "everyone hates us, let's go shove it down their f-ing throats!" thing.

I want that on my team. Enough tipping our hats after someone comes in and slaps the crap out of us. Let's get angry and go win something!

Edited by TheFunPolice

Wait, I thought the media story this whole season was how the Deflategate scandal fueled Brady and the Cheatriots drive to a Superbowl championship?

He's getting old and most defenses now know that he wilts under pressure.

He will break some time in the next year. They won't make it again.

When New England* sends him packing when he tries to hang on too long I'll probably cheer for him to beat them.

The guy has a burning passion for winning that not everyone has. It's kind of old school.

But I freaking love the "everyone hates us, let's go shove it down their f-ing throats!" thing.

I want that on my team. Enough tipping our hats after someone comes in and slaps the crap out of us. Let's get angry and go win something!

I don't respect him. He cant stand up under pressure. When things go badly, he shouts and rants at the other players.

He has no class. I don't even think he's in the top 5, due to him being a big baby.

If he actually got hit a few times, I think he would take his ball and go home to Gisele and the new puppy, who probably has more guts than him.

Funny. I've had the opposite reaction over time. I used to respect the guy, loved watching him play. Until the allegations kept piling up, which I could ignore if the evidence didn't become overwhelming. Then, the way he reacted to his most recent bout of "getting caught cheating" has obliterated any respect I had for the guy.

He's a baby. He's a cheater. He's a liar.

That's all I can see now.

Back in Manning's day, pre 2014, he would be worth the price of admission/a ticket. Watching him run an offense and fling the ball everywhere was awesome. But yeah, its tough to get over the past 2 years looking at Manning as its fresh.

I would never classify Brady as an "I have to buy a ticket to see this guy" QB. Most times it seems their offense is predicated on "guessing correctly". They go for the sideline pass, slant pass, seam to TE, or a RB draw at the perfect times. Players are wide open and run after they have the ball. Now it does take mental skill to run the "system" or whatever you would call that as well as deliver the ball... but I dont know. Im not even sure if Brady has that extensive of a "highlight reel" of awesome/athletic plays.

The thing I always talk about regarding Brady is that nothing he ever does looks particularly impressive on an individual play basis. But he is maddening in his ability to slice up your D with the simple stuff. He almost always finds a way to pick up that third down conversion and they sustain long drives. He is basically the ultimate game manager type QB. But it does go to show you that the style of QB can win plenty of games.

If you say he's the greatest of this era, there's no argument. But how do you compare him to Joe Montana. He's 4-0 in the Championship, and his receivers had their heads taken off over the middle vs. the rules today biased to the offense and the pass.

It's almost silly though to make the comparisons as the rules were different, the game was played differently, and so on. Everyone mentioned, Elway, Marino, Montana, Manning, and Brady were a treasure to watch. His comments mean nothing if they were even true. It would suck to be booed when you've won 4 championships, but they are the Evil Empire from Star Wars. They should just accept it and play that song from Star Wars when they out of the tunnel in Foxboro. Belicheck is the Emperor, and Brady is Darth Vader.

Funny. I've had the opposite reaction over time. I used to respect the guy, loved watching him play. Until the allegations kept piling up, which I could ignore if the evidence didn't become overwhelming. Then, the way he reacted to his most recent bout of "getting caught cheating" has obliterated any respect I had for the guy.

He's a baby. He's a cheater. He's a liar.

That's all I can see now.

I've come to respect Belichick a lot more, but Brady is a douche.

Yes, it's getting booed that motivates him to win it all.

Not the fame, or the millions of dollars, or the record books, but if you boo him, watch out.

For serious though, his window is closing. Remember, he's only a year and a half younger than Manning. Two years ago Manning was coming off one of his most prolific seasons. The next year, he fell off a cliff in the postseason.

This year, he was painful to watch. It really happened that fast.

He's getting old and most defenses now know that he wilts under pressure.

He will break some time in the next year. They won't make it again.

I don't respect him. He cant stand up under pressure. When things go badly, he shouts and rants at the other players.

He has no class. I don't even think he's in the top 5, due to him being a big baby.

If he actually got hit a few times, I think he would take his ball and go home to Gisele and the new puppy, who probably has more guts than him.

Starting with the Monday night game against us Brady got hit plenty. He actually got the crap beat out of him for the last half of the season. Not sure what game your watching.

Brady has already declined. The vast majority of his passes are short, quick throws.

They get up quick on you, force you to press and make mistakes and turn it over to them on short fields. Then they pour it on. We saw what happens when they face good defenses though. They have no deep threat at all. They barely have an intermediate threat.

Part of it is that Brady is not as accurate as he used to be. He misses a lot of throws that used to be automatic. It doesn't happen all the time, but certain games he comes out early and starts hitting the dirt or throwing wide, and you know you have a decent shot. That is going to happen more.

There is a reason why 39 year old QBs don't generally light up the league.

Brady has already declined. The vast majority of his passes are short, quick throws.

They get up quick on you, force you to press and make mistakes and turn it over to them on short fields. Then they pour it on. We saw what happens when they face good defenses though. They have no deep threat at all. They barely have an intermediate threat.

Part of it is that Brady is not as accurate as he used to be. He misses a lot of throws that used to be automatic. It doesn't happen all the time, but certain games he comes out early and starts hitting the dirt or throwing wide, and you know you have a decent shot. That is going to happen more.

There is a reason why 39 year old QBs don't generally light up the league.

You are over analyzing it. He has always played that way. They have no deep speed at receiver anyways. He was few points away from the SB. Let's not pretend like he was some bum this year.

You are over analyzing it. He has always played that way. They have no deep speed at receiver anyways. He was few points away from the SB. Let's not pretend like he was some bum this year.

I said it before, I'll say it again: look at what happened to Manning. Starting at where Brady is now age wise, a Hall of Fame QB went from being a powerhouse to being borderline unwatchable within Superbowl 48 and Superbowl 50.