Josina Anderson: Mario open to pay cut to stay with Bills

YoloinOhio

God lets hope

I dont think it so much that as the player needs to be good at many things and not just a pass rusher.....

I mean....think about it....RR had a DL with the jets who was/and is dominant form his position and put up stats?

We need to find one of THOSE.....and line up Marcel at a 5 tech where he can get after it as well.

Huh? Do you mean who had the sacks (I'm not prioritizing sacks, so much as using them to indicate where Wrex gets his pressure from)? The linebackers had the sacks with the Jets, you can go through the Jets Wrex years here...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/2011.htm

They can get a good all-rounder DE in the 2nd or later, any DE worthy of the 19th pick is surely going to want to attack the QB, and get sacks, not work the trenches so the LB's can make plays. A DT would be more appropriate (or is that splitting hairs?).

Edited by HoF Watkins

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh? Do you mean who had the sacks (I'm not prioritizing sacks, so much as using them to indicate where Wrex gets his pressure from)? The linebackers had the sacks with the Jets, you can go through the Jets Wrex years here...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/2011.htm

They can get a good all-rounder DE in the 2nd or later, any DE worthy of the 19th pick is surely going to want to attack the QB, and get sacks, not work the trenches so the LB's can make plays. A DT would be more appropriate (or is that splitting hairs?).

think QB pressures

"As one anonymous teammate told The News, “It’s been clear to me that Mario doesn’t care about anybody but himself." One player also later texted, “He’s more concerned about his RC cars and farm equipment than playing football for the Bills.”

Cut Mariocre, save the money and sign/resign players that give 100% effort all the time, not just when they feel like it. Otherwise, if he really wants to stay, make his contract heavy on the incentives for measured performance.

think QB pressures

So where do I find that stat? I think pressure and sacks probably come from the same places, plus we just had a d-line complaining about not being allowed to go after the QB.

So "pressuring" the QB is different than going after him? "Just push to get close to him, and get your arms up, make him uncomfortable, but DON'T WORRY ABOUT SACKING HIM. A linebacker will be there soon to finish the job".

Edited by HoF Watkins

"As one anonymous teammate told The News, Its been clear to me that Mario doesnt care about anybody but himself." One player also later texted, Hes more concerned about his RC cars and farm equipment than playing football for the Bills.

Cut Mariocre, save the money and sign/resign players that give 100% effort all the time, not just when they feel like it. Otherwise, if he really wants to stay, make his contract heavy on the incentives for measured performance.

An anonymous source said that C.Biscuit97 is hung like a tree trunk and dates women who are 8s on a bad day.

So where do I find that stat? I think pressure and sacks probably come from the same places, plus we just had a d-line complaining about not being allowed to go after the QB. So "pressuring" the QB is different than going after him? "Just get close to hm, and get your arms up".

stats stats stats.

D line complained about having to learn a new system. shall we define coverage sacks too.

They are just dogs who want to hunt. sure that's fine.

HoF i watched the same games you did and i watched Mario. heck i even rewatched him.

some folks are resistant to the new Boss in town for whatever reason and make it harder than it needs to be. Mario and Rex did not get in tune. simple as that.

MW let it bleed over to other young players who looked up to him. say PB. maybe even NB. Mario has never been accused of being a leader or particularly mature

Link?

i read it somewhere, for sure.

: )

scares the good women off though!

Um yes. like by a bazillion. Jerry never quit. and folks should stop measuring him because of penalties. half at least, were bullcrap.

And because Bg Cat keeps defending the Home team Coach and you do not is a bad look Biscuit. Pointing at what is wrong makes no one right.

and get over Mario. It's over between you two ; )

true.

you mean Biscuit and Big Cat ?

:devil:

ps i think the world of both of them

Haha. I hate being this way. But last year was such an awful disappointment. I feel like we're spinning our wheels again. We're not getting anyone who is going to be half as good as Mario to replace him.

A good coach would have made this work. Again, I was all for Rex but the recent track suggests that he hasn't been a good coach. I hope he proves me wrong.

Link?

I can't out the source or they will never speak to me again. :)

Haha. I hate being this way. But last year was such an awful disappointment. I feel like we're spinning our wheels again. We're not getting anyone who is going to be half as good as Mario to replace him.

A good coach would have made this work. Again, I was all for Rex but the recent track suggests that he hasn't been a good coach. I hope he proves me wrong.

I know Man. we all thought just maybe , this time.

One more year and thats it for me. Till then i gotta stay positive.

I wonder who G.Roman might hire for DC? Donnie Henderson? serious question

ps i do not think relies on edge rushers so much.

maybe he should have as we HAD two very good ones. I will give everyone that.

Edited by 3rdand12

stats stats stats.

D line complained about having to learn a new system. shall we define coverage sacks too.

They are just dogs who want to hunt. sure that's fine.

HoF i watched the same games you did and i watched Mario. heck i even rewatched him.

I'm not really concerned about Mario (take him or leave him), I'm concerned about spending the top pick to replace him, when the position doesn't appear to be the focus of the scheme, and the linebackers are the weakness of the defense.

Edited by HoF Watkins

He might be too temperamental for the Patriot way. You know....as in do your job.

It's a whole lot different in Pats land. There is a real coach instead of a clown. Pretty sure Mario would do his job, cuz Belicheck would put him in a position to succeed. JMO.

"As one anonymous teammate told The News, Its been clear to me that Mario doesnt care about anybody but himself." One player also later texted, Hes more concerned about his RC cars and farm equipment than playing football for the Bills.

This anonymous player isn't any better of a teammate than Mario. Mario will let you quote him instead of some "insurgent" p#ssy hiding behind the title of "anonymous teammate".

The guy had five tackles and a sack after the bye week...that's pathetic!! Especially for his size, strength, speed, agility and that big contract he is getting. It was painfully obvious Mariocre quit playing as he would take two steps, then stop. Bruce Smith never pulled that crap. IMO, Mariocre is a lazy player and only plays hard when he feels like it. The guy is a freak of nature in his build and if he gave 100% on every snap, there's no doubt he would be in Top 3 in sacks every single year.

I'm not really concerned about Mario (take him or leave him), I'm concerned about spending the top pick to replace him, when the position doesn't appear to be the focus of the scheme, and the linebackers are the weakness of the defense.

and that really is a fair point. and possibly why Mario got pissed. Rex really does not need him in his scheme.

so I would not worry about Bills drafting an Elite Pass rusher. I expect LBs to fill the woodshed of weapons.

and some kind of pot roast in the middle perhaps ?

It's a whole lot different in Pats land. There is a real coach instead of a clown. Pretty sure Mario would do his job, cuz Belicheck would put him in a position to succeed. JMO.

This anonymous player isn't any better of a teammate than Mario. Mario will let you quote him instead of some "insurgent" p#ssy hiding behind the title of "anonymous teammate".

no, you are wrong.

Bellicheat would have never brought him in> because its not about the player. its about the core.

you really think Bill and his gang would not have him drop into zone cov twice a game and accept a half hearted effort.

Rex is way too nice. thats his issue. not his smarts.

and the anon. point you make is a very good point, That shameful bad no matter what is going on if true

Edited by 3rdand12

Well, my comments were in response to JoHemet's comment about him expecting the top pick to be a DE. I am expecting it to be a DE too, I just think it would be (another) mistake.

I'm all for a space eating NT from FA, or any pick but the first. I want a playmaker, not a facilitator.

Linebacker, WR, OL or a QB if the right guy is there. Anything else will disappoint me.

Edited by HoF Watkins

So is Richardson from the jets a mistake?

okay...

Richardson is listed as a DT, the Jets were already set at linebacker, we don't know who else they might have selected, and...the Jets still suck.

So yeah, they might have improved the team more with a different selection. He is also a pain in the ass, and will likely surpass Mario in that area before his career is through...

http://nypost.com/2015/10/18/the-time-is-now-for-sheldon-richardson-to-finally-grow-up/

Update: He has already way surpassed Mario in that area...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2535585-sheldon-richardson-arrested-after-going-143-mph-latest-details-on-jets-dt

He is a raging idiot.

Edited by HoF Watkins

1) you really think every NFL player doesn't take a play off now and then? Talent wins. Ask the Patriots when they acquired Randy Moss. Or teams that signed Julius Peppers.

2) I've said this throughout the season. If Mario was blatantly taking plays off, why didn't the coaches bench him?

3) what player was better in this defense? Every single player except maybe the corners got worse.

But the only problem was Mario I guess. Hughes is fine because he was playing hard and getting 15 yard penalties.

Hughs played balls to the wall.