Josina Anderson: Mario open to pay cut to stay with Bills

YoloinOhio

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey when there's a chance you're going to be a free agent because you had a bad year you need to put a spin on it. blame the scheme, blame teammates, put a good look on it, make sure you tell the fans you want to be around. that way he doesn't leave the team looking like a guy who wasn't motivated to preform. even though his teammates have said so. also he's not going to get the money he got last time. it makes more sense for him to restructure. that way he can get more of that big remaining contract at least in a bonus. i do think that no matter what team he's on next year he's going to have a good year. because he will be motivated to perform.

recall his first year in Buffalo.

hope he does not get a boo boo hand again for whomever he fools

Well, now that you've made it about me, I'll trust you concede whatever point it was you were trying to make.

You say the same thing every year no matter who the coach is. It's never the coaches' faults, it's always the players'. Your position never changes.

But anytime you can get rid of an all pro DE for a coach who got you 34 sacks, you have to do it.

@bytimgraham

Source tells me "Mario Williams just waiting to be cut, and the sooner the better" for him.

Has Tim Graham or anyone in the Buffalo media ever broken a story?

You say the same thing every year no matter who the coach is. It's never the coaches' faults, it's always the players'. Your position never changes.

But anytime you can get rid of an all pro DE for a coach who got you 34 sacks, you have to do it.

Well, we've had particularly lousy players...for a long time. That's been especially true at the one position that masks all the so-called coaching that nobody's privy to. So, yeah.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand were back......

CBF

Never actually left I think.

I think Rex Ryan doesnt give two poops about "meeting Mario Williams halfway".....he wants a player that plays how he is coached to play.

I REALLY think that 1st round pick is gonna be a 3-4 prototype end that will do what RR wants......

I think Rex Ryan doesnt give two poops about "meeting Mario Williams halfway".....he wants a player that plays how he is coached to play.

I REALLY think that 1st round pick is gonna be a 3-4 prototype end that will do what RR wants......

Can we dump IK too then?

Well, we've had particularly lousy players...for a long time. That's been especially true at the one position that masks all the so-called coaching that nobody's privy to. So, yeah.

But your position never changes. That's the point. You defend Rex. You defend Marrone.

I think you and I were the last people to defend Jauron and we both took a lot of grief for it. In that case, I think the players were the main problem. In fact, Jauron got more out of his talent than Rex did out of his. In the last 15 years, given the players on the roster, no head coach has underachieved more than Rex.

It was a bad system and most players regressed. Was Jerry Hughes that much better than Mario? At least Mario wasnt killing us with brain dead penalties.

This isn't high school football. Talent wins. Belichick was a loser until he lucked into Brady. Marv Levy let the 90s Bills do whatever they wanted and Bruce Smith sit out training camp.

And this is the perfect example of why the Bills go nowhere. Let's replace an all pro type talent with a 1st round pick. Lose a good player and use another valued resource to replace them. All we do is constantly spin our wheels.

I used to be called the homer that defended every Bills move. But this is the stuff that a losing team does. Mario was arguably the 2nd best DE in all of football last offseason. If I was Doug Whaley and it cam down to Mario (with a reduced deal) and Rex, Rex would be out of here.

But your position never changes. That's the point. You defend Rex. You defend Marrone.

I think you and I were the last people to defend Jauron and we both took a lot of grief for it. In that case, I think the players were the main problem. In fact, Jauron got more out of his talent than Rex did out of his. In the last 15 years, given the players on the roster, no head coach has underachieved more than Rex.

It was a bad system and most players regressed. Was Jerry Hughes that much better than Mario? At least Mario wasnt killing us with brain dead penalties.

This isn't high school football. Talent wins. Belichick was a loser until he lucked into Brady. Marv Levy let the 90s Bills do whatever they wanted and Bruce Smith sit out training camp.

I agree, talent does win. So..? Particularly talent at QB.

As for Jauron overachieving, if this isn't clear to Bills fans by now, there's no hope.

As for Rex underachieving, the defense suffered a lot of injuries, and the linebacking corp suffered tremendously without Spikes. LB's can go a LONG LONG way in improving an NFL defense, dare I say they're the most important unit? Ours stunk, bad. So, about that talent?

So, between the injuries and the lack of talent at a critical unit, I'm not prepared to say--with certainty--that Rex was to blame for failing.

On the flip side, I've provided clear evidence that the offense did the team no favors during critical stretches of winnable games, mostly because of our lack of talent at QB (again).

I see the combination of all these talent factors having more of an impact on the disappointment of 2015 than the all-present-in-Bills-nation gripe: COACHING.

I agree, talent does win. So..? Particularly talent at QB.

As for Jauron overachieving, if this isn't clear to Bills fans by now, there's no hope.

As for Rex underachieving, the defense suffered a lot of injuries, and the linebacking corp suffered tremendously without Spikes. LB's can go a LONG LONG way in improving an NFL defense, dare I say they're the most important unit? Ours stunk, bad. So, about that talent?

So, between the injuries and the lack of talent at a critical unit, I'm not prepared to say--with certainty--that Rex was to blame for failing.

On the flip side, I've provided clear evidence that the offense did the team no favors during critical stretches of winnable games, mostly because of our lack of talent at QB (again).

I see the combination of all these talent factors having more of an impact on the disappointment of 2015 than the all-present-in-Bills-nation gripe: COACHING.

I respect your position even if I disagree with it. IMO, Rex deserves like 80% of the defensive failings.

Give my defense of Jauron for years, you know I'm not a blame the coaches for everything type of guy. But I call it like I see. Our offense regressed under Marrone, I blame him. Our defense, IMO severely, regressed under Rex. He was a huge part of the problem.

And can we stop with the Spiles stuff? His snap count has gone down every year of his caree. I think he played 47% for us and that was going down through the year. He is a dinosaur and if he was a better player, he'd still be in the league. He's not that good and a huge liability.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Yeah, it probably will be. The thing is, apparently Wrex's scheme isn't about the DE attacking the passer or getting sacks, so bringing in a guy that excels at pass rush would be a waste, and the player probably won't be much happier than Mario Williams was, because without sacks he isn't going to get the big $$$$. And spending the 19th pick on a run stuffer/space eater would be foolish.

Why spend the pick on a position that isn't the focus of the scheme, when the position that is the focus (linebacker) is the weak link in the defense?

Edited by HoF Watkins

I respect your position even if I disagree with it. IMO, Rex deserves like 80% of the defensive failings.

Give my defense of Jauron for years, you know I'm not a blame the coaches for everything type of guy. But I call it like I see. Our offense regressed under Marrone, I blame him. Our defense, IMO severely, regressed under Rex. He was a huge part of the problem.

And can we stop with the Spiles stuff? His snap count has gone down every year of his caree. I think he played 47% for us and that was going down through the year. He is a dinosaur and if he was a better player, he'd still be in the league. He's not that good and a huge liability.

I understand that Spikes had a limited snap count. But Bradham and Brown were lost without him and they seemed much more sure-footed with him in there. Perhaps that's a scheme issue? I'm sure it had something to do with it, but Brown and Bradham simply aren't that good. They just aren't. Spikes was better at his job than they are at theirs, snap count be damned.

Can we dump IK too then?

God lets hope

Yeah, it probably will be. The thing is, apparently Wrex's scheme isn't about the DE attacking the passer or getting sacks, so bringing in a guy that excels at pass rush would be a waste, and the player probably won't be much happier than Mario Williams was, because without sacks he isn't going to get the big $$$$. And spending the 19th pick on a run stuffer/space eater would be foolish.

Why spend the pick on a position that isn't the focus of the scheme, when the position that is the focus (linebacker) is the weak link in the defense?

I dont think it so much that as the player needs to be good at many things and not just a pass rusher.....

I mean....think about it....RR had a DL with the jets who was/and is dominant form his position and put up stats?

We need to find one of THOSE.....and line up Marcel at a 5 tech where he can get after it as well.

And this is the perfect example of why the Bills go nowhere. Let's replace an all pro type talent with a 1st round pick. Lose a good player and use another valued resource to replace them. All we do is constantly spin our wheels.

I used to be called the homer that defended every Bills move. But this is the stuff that a losing team does. Mario was arguably the 2nd best DE in all of football last offseason. If I was Doug Whaley and it cam down to Mario (with a reduced deal) and Rex, Rex would be out of here.

Um yes. like by a bazillion. Jerry never quit. and folks should stop measuring him because of penalties. half at least, were bullcrap.

And because Bg Cat keeps defending the Home team Coach and you do not is a bad look Biscuit. Pointing at what is wrong makes no one right.

and get over Mario. It's over between you two ; )

Mario was going to get paid no matter what happened last year. He will just say the system sucked and everyone got worse. It's not like he is a RB. He plays the second most valuable position in the league.

true.

Both of these men need to get over themselves.

you mean Biscuit and Big Cat ?

:devil:

ps i think the world of both of them