Josina Anderson: Mario open to pay cut to stay with Bills

YoloinOhio

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't a hard deal to do.

It takes Mario taking a little less money and Rex turning Mario lose on the quarterback and knocking off the coverage nonsense. There is nothing stopping this fence from being mended but ego. Both sides have to adapt.

That, of course, will stop it. :flirt:

It's very hard to do with our cap issues this coming year.

our system killed almost every defensive player this year. We are not a better team without Mario. It would be stupid if the team doesn't try to figure something out.

You can believe that Mario has motivational issues and that it has nothing to do with Rex being a bad coach.

Agreed but he sure looked motivated when he was an all pro two seasons ago.

Wow. Last chance to scapegoat the daylights out of a very talented player that actually likes playing here so everybody hops on. How atrocious an attitude that a great pass rusher wants to rush the passer. Meanwhile nobody can see through Rex's BS lip service?

Sadly, Mario will VERY likely be gone. If he stays in this garbage defense he will not have big numbers. I think the Bills will go with someone cheaper to participate in sealing the edge, covering Beckham, and avoiding contact with the QB.

So your saying that he WAS giving effort last season and that his teamates calling him out didnt happen?

Rex used him poorly....you know what....you do what your coach TELLS YOU TO DO

our system killed almost every defensive player this year. We are not a better team without Mario. It would be stupid if the team doesn't try to figure something out.

Agreed but he sure looked motivated when he was an all pro two seasons ago.

Yes because he was doing what he loved to do.....100 percent of the time....wasnt asked to think at all.

the Schwartz defense is GONE.....people need to move on

if I was team of Rex and Whiley this is what I would do:

• Put together film of Mario
  • Have an in person meeting with Mario before draft reviewing film
  • Tell him IF he is serious then during off season he is going to need to be working with coaches when they develop scheme since he had so much criticism and then participate fully in scheme
  • IF HE IS WILLING TO DO SO then they will restructure contract with cut with performance achievements to earn some of money back
  • IF HE IS NOT WILLING TO DO SO then they will cut him and use savings to draft/sign replacement

So your saying that he WAS giving effort last season and that his teamates calling him out didnt happen?

Rex used him poorly....you know what....you do what your coach TELLS YOU TO DO

Yes because he was doing what he loved to do.....100 percent of the time....wasnt asked to think at all.

the Schwartz defense is GONE.....people need to move on

John, players win in this league. Pass rushers might be the 2nd most important position in the NFL. You don't give up one with all pro talent without seriously hurting your football team.

But you're right John. Rex's system was hugely successful here. Why should we question anything?

<p>

if I was team of Rex and Whiley this is what I would do:

• Put together film of Mario
  • Have an in person meeting with Mario before draft reviewing film
  • Tell him IF he is serious then during off season he is going to need to be working with coaches when they develop scheme since he had so much criticism and then participate fully in scheme
  • IF HE IS WILLING TO DO SO then they will restructure contract with cut with performance achievements to earn some of money back
  • IF HE IS NOT WILLING TO DO SO then they will cut him and use savings to draft/sign replacement

Seems perfectly reasonable.

Personally, I think Rex needs to stop being so in love with his system and make it work for the talent here. Too many coaches ruin teams because of their stupid systems.

John, players win in this league. Pass rushers might be the 2nd most important position in the NFL. You don't give up one with all pro talent without seriously hurting your football team.

But you're right John. Rex's system was hugely successful here. Why should we question anything?

Seems perfectly reasonable.

Personally, I think Rex needs to stop being so in love with his system and make it work for the talent here. Too many coaches ruin teams because of their stupid systems.

Name a successful high profile player who mailed it in on his teammates and coaching staff and later went on to lead that same group of players to playoffs or more?

I can't recall any, go back and rewatch some games we was playing half speed for the majority of the plays that he was on the field. Multiple times the announcers didn't even notice he wasn't on the field. The Jets game that he had a stomach virus comes to mind.

Name a successful high profile player who mailed it in on his teammates and coaching staff and later went on to lead that same group of players to playoffs or more?

I can't recall any, go back and rewatch some games we was playing half speed for the majority of the plays that he was on the field. Multiple times the announcers didn't even notice he wasn't on the field. The Jets game that he had a stomach virus comes to mind.

1) you really think every NFL player doesn't take a play off now and then? Talent wins. Ask the Patriots when they acquired Randy Moss. Or teams that signed Julius Peppers.

2) I've said this throughout the season. If Mario was blatantly taking plays off, why didn't the coaches bench him?

3) what player was better in this defense? Every single player except maybe the corners got worse.

But the only problem was Mario I guess. Hughes is fine because he was playing hard and getting 15 yard penalties.

1. What did Randy Moss win? I'm pretty sure he was a member of one of the most talented teams post FA era and they fell flat on the big stage. This is the first iv ever heard of Moss being a leader also I don't ever remember him signing a contract similar to Mario's.

2. It was IK or a beleaguered Mario due to injuries. I was all for him being benched. Rex chose not to.

3. Mario's lack of effort and outspoken demeanor is not justified because he didn't agree with the scheme. Coaches coach, players play. Pegula's and Whaley know what Rex does on defense if they didn't want to risk changing the style perhaps they should have promoted JS.

4. Hughes being a bonehead is nothing new and once again that has no bearing on Mario and his current status.

Now I'm still waiting for you to name a player that quit on a team and stayed on that same teAm and lead them to something....Mario had never been known as a leader and his effort has been questioned on both teams he played for. Spend that money on Cordy.

1. What did Randy Moss win? I'm pretty sure he was a member of one of the most talented teams post FA era and they fell flat on the big stage. This is the first iv ever heard of Moss being a leader also I don't ever remember him signing a contract similar to Mario's.

2. It was IK or a beleaguered Mario due to injuries. I was all for him being benched. Rex chose not to.

3. Mario's lack of effort and outspoken demeanor is not justified because he didn't agree with the scheme. Coaches coach, players play. Pegula's and Whaley know what Rex does on defense if they didn't want to risk changing the style perhaps they should have promoted JS.

4. Hughes being a bonehead is nothing new and once again that has no bearing on Mario and his current status.

Now I'm still waiting for you to name a player that quit on a team and stayed on that same teAm and lead them to something....Mario had never been known as a leader and his effort has been questioned on both teams he played for. Spend that money on Cordy.

Right, so because the Pats went 18-1, Moss is a loser? Talent wins. Id trade Mario for Rex any day of the week. Nearly every player got worse and Mario called them out on it. Who was happy watching a dominant defense look like crap?

And if your only option was IK (sweet troll move Rex), why do you trust the coach who brought him in? This team is a worse team without Mario so I'd rather keep him and hope Rex figures out a way to use our elite talent.

P.s. It's so funny how fans overreact every year. After last offseason, Mario was a God and Glenn was replaceable.

Edited by C.Biscuit97