Obama's Post Presidency

/dev/null

So I'm sitting here watching TV and see a former Governor of California is in a commercial for some Pay2Win game.

And it got me wondering. What will Obama's post-Presidency be like.

I'm thinking talk show, a future run for Senate, and lobbying for repeal of the 22nd Amendment

So I'm sitting here watching TV and see a former Governor of California is in a commercial for some Pay2Win game.

I'm thinking talk show, a future run for Senate, and lobbying for repeal of the 22nd Amendment

I'm thinking he'll remain a public figure, and support or criticize (depending on party affiliation) the sitting president, contrary to the usual informal agreement.

He's too enamored with the trappings of power to really step too far away from it.

Golf. Lots of golf.

He is too arrogant and full of himself to just go away. I don't like Bill Clinton and not super thrilled with W bush, but at least they more or less followed the examples of previous presidents and mostly stayed in private or occassionaly made some charity appearance.

No way Obama does. He still thinks he is a celebrity and bigger than his office. He isn't going to fade into the background like his "predecessor".

No way Obama does. He still thinks he is a celebrity and bigger than his office. He isn't going to fade into the background like his "predecessor".

I agree.

But I do want to nominate "Obama's Post Presidency" as the thread title of the year...................... :lol:

More like Jimmy Carter, doing good with his name recognition

What good has carter done with his name recognition? As far as I can tell, all he's done is travel the world and apologize for America being America. I'd like that tradition to DIE with him.

He still builds homes with "Habitat for Humanity," which I think deserves a significant amount of praise.

Today's SoProg does little more than 'say' we should give things to people. He's puts in the elbow grease, and you have to appreciate what it must be like to donate time to build shelter for someone, and have Carter manning the circular saw at the job site.

He still builds homes with "Habitat for Humanity," which I think deserves a significant amount of praise.

Today's SoProg does little more than 'say' we should give things to people. He's puts in the elbow grease, and you have to appreciate what it must be like to donate time to build shelter for someone, and have Carter manning the circular saw at the job site.

I don't think his HFH work has anything to do with his name recognition. Though I give him mad props for it - Carter was a lousy president, but a good man.

I don't think his HFH work has anything to do with his name recognition. Though I give him mad props for it - Carter was a lousy president, but a good man.

To be honest, I think it's both. When I hear/see HFH, I immediately think of Carter, and when I think of Carter, I think of HFH.

I used to think 'worst president in my lifetime,' but Barry has pulled that belt from Jimmah, so he has that going for him, which is nice.

To be honest, I think it's both. When I hear/see HFH, I immediately think of Carter, and when I think of Carter, I think of HFH.

I used to think 'worst president in my lifetime,' but Barry has pulled that belt from Jimmah, so he has that going for him, which is nice.

When I hear "Carter," I think of Rickover and nuclear submarines. When I hear HFH, I think of the Reuse Store, and how ridiculous it is that I can't volunteer for the local chapter (minorities and LBGT/GC only. No, I'm not making that up.)

When I hear "Carter," I think of Rickover and nuclear submarines. When I hear HFH, I think of the Reuse Store, and how ridiculous it is that I can't volunteer for the local chapter (minorities and LBGT/GC only. No, I'm not making that up.)

That why you're a Dexter and I'm just a C+ average working schmoe.

When I think of HFH, i think of the poor families who get them tax-defaulting.