Airline Complaints

shrader

That would really suck! But I also say that as someone who travels frequently for business(and hates it) , so all those extra 30 minutes waiting on bags would be awful.

What they need to do away with is reclining seats.

I'd rather wait extra time at the carousel than wait 30 minutes for every idiot to bang his bag down the aisle and try to stuff it into the overhead. Then wait another 10 or 15 on the way out of the plane for the mad scramble to get the bag out of the overhead.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never recline. I feel like very few people do anymore out of courtesy.

I agree few do, but when you get that tool who does in front of you, just sucks. I am one who just sucks it up and do not recline in turn, knowing it just creates a ripple effect all the way back.

And I think like you that 95 percent of people really try to be courteous when they fly, but man 5 % can really ruin your day.

Edited by plenzmd1

Good luck., I just had to deal with flight problems coming back from skiing in the French Alps.

Got to the airport in Chambery for our return flight home and there was low cloud and rain coming down. Not a a good sign. There's a flight before ours that wasn't able to land so was diverted to Lyon. When that happened I knew that our flight was going to be diverted, which it was. They had all the passengers that were suppose to be on that first flight leave the departure lounge, recollect their bags and get on a bus to Lyon, which is like an hour away. So, assumed that this was going to happen to out flight. So they tell us to leave the departure lounge and collect our bags at arrivals, which we all started to do. When we got to arrivals there seemed to be A LOT of confusion. In the mean time the weather had seemed to clear up and another plane was able to land. After everyone collected their luggage a rep for the airline come over and said that the pilot for our flight was going to fly the plane back to Chambery and land because other planes were now able to. This meant everyone had to recheck all of our luggage and go through security, again.

Fast forward to getting back through security and as we do, we find out that the plane still hasn't landed. Apparently he attempted one landing and couldn't do it so took off and went towards a different airport, one that was 4 hours away, and landed there. It was now going on 6pm, we had been at the airport since 7am and a lot of people were getting upset. The word from the rep from the airline was that the pilot was refusing to do anything until there was a proper plan in place. It took the airline about another hour and half to decide that we would be put up in a hotel for the night. This meant going back through arrivals and collecting luggage, again. We then had to get on a bus that would take us to a hotel that had enough rooms for everyone on the plane. Of course the bus took us to the wrong hotel first, after we had all started to unload, then when we arrived at our correct hotel the airline was not willing to provide a hot meal for dinner. They tried to give us sandwiches. It was now 10pm at this point. We still hadn't heard what the plan was for our morning flight. By 11:30 the airline had decided we were going to fly out of Geneva airport in Switzerland, which was only an hour away.

In the morning, we all got back on the buses, drove to Geneva and went through the process again. This time a guy who was on our flight, checked in for the flight, but decided he didn't want to go to where this flight was going. So he showed up at a different gate, while everyone was boarding our plane, and demanded to be let on this other flight. The airline, for some ridiculous reason, decided to allow this guy to fly on this other flight. This meant another delay because his bag had been put onto our plane and a bag can't fly without a passenger, apparently. Anyways, after that the flight went on as normal. Only ended up getting $60 off our next flights, for all of that.

I recline just a little bit so I don't feel like I'm sitting straight up. One flight though the guy in front of me had his seat reclined all the way, and was still trying to get it to recline more.

I recline just a little bit so I don't feel like I'm sitting straight up. One flight though the guy in front of me had his seat reclined all the way, and was still trying to get it to recline more.

And prolly shoved it more in your face when he came back from the head. WTF people, bow in any world can you not figure out you are shoving that already fully reclined seat in my face.

one flight will always remember clearly is coming home from Heathrow. Similar to story above, but slightly different. Plane was quite full of folks making the journey from somewhere in Africa to DC. 3 folks did not get back on plane after the layover in Healthrow.

These poor folks had been traveling for quite a while already, it was crazy hot in London, and plane was stuck on Tarmac with no air conditioning. Those three hours qgetting luggage off and waiting for subsequent storm to pass allowed for all of us to be shifvtzing pretty good. Lets just say that was one funky 7 hour plane ride home. Can smell it to this y.

Edited by plenzmd1

There's a difference between reclining the chair a little bit and reclining it all the way? It seems like those things only move about an inch. Granted that inch completely screws over the person behind it, but the actual reclining person barely moves at all.

And the opposite of those people who try to push the seat back even further when standing up are the ones who pull down on the back of the seat when getting up. That drives me mad. I'm barely comfortable in this seat as is, now you're going to shake my seat back and forth? I get it with older people who have trouble standing up, but most of the time it's the young 20-something doing it.

Amen to that. The reclining serves no purpose other than stealing someone else's space.

I agree few do, but when you get that tool who does in front of you, just sucks. I am one who just sucks it up and do not recline in turn, knowing it just creates a ripple effect all the way back.

And I think like you that 95 percent of people really try to be courteous when they fly, but man 5 % can really ruin your day.

Interesting. I believe I'm one of the most courteous people around but I take the exact opposite position when it comes to reclining seats. Utilizing one of my only options on an airplane to get a little more comfortable isn't being discourteous. Everybody getting on a plane knows what they're getting into. I almost fought with a dude behind me once who slammed his knees into my back when I reclined my seat for an 8-hour flight so I could nap.

The parents with the screaming toddlers or the fat f*cks who spill over the armrest certainly aren't looking out for my comfort -- now that's discourteous.

Interesting. I believe I'm one of the most courteous people around but I take the exact opposite position when it comes to reclining seats. Utilizing one of my only options on an airplane to get a little more comfortable isn't being discourteous. Everybody getting on a plane knows what they're getting into. I almost fought with a dude behind me once who slammed his knees into my back when I reclined my seat for an 8-hour flight so I could nap.

The parents with the screaming toddlers or the fat f*cks who spill over the armrest certainly aren't looking out for my comfort -- now that's discourteous.

Neither were the 2 smelly dudes who obviously hadn't showered for days who sat next to me on the plane ride from Copenhagen to JFK. :sick:

I don't believe the 3-4 inches of recline in a coach seat qualify as "laying down" but whatever...

HAHA..yeah not exactly laying down.

Guess that leads to my next compaint...the AA-USAIR merger. Good 3 years in there on USAIR i was almost always upgraded at zero cost to first. Yea, planes were a little old, maybe a little grungy..but dammit they had free beer and a bit bigger seat...and thats all i really cared about

Now, I am lucky to get upgraded maybe 35% of times, and often on popular routes I am like number 11 on the list, and often only one person is getting upgraded. And if i do get upgraded, have to use these stupid 500-mile segment things..I am not even sure how I earn those, but I have a butt load cause I never get upgraded anymore :wallbash::doh:

Sitting with the common folk like all you curmudgeons is just beneath me! :nana::lol:

Edited by plenzmd1

I don't usually recline because what does 3" of reclining actually accomplish. However is I want to recline I'm reclining 100%. If God didn't mean for us to recline on a plane he wouldn't have installed reclining seats. !@#$ the person behind me.

Oh and you know what. If that 3" that the person in front of you reclined makes things uncomfortable for you I suggest you go on a diet. :D

Edited by Chef Jim

I don't usually recline because what does 3" of reclining actually accomplish. However is I want to recline I'm reclining 100%. If God didn't mean for us to recline on a plane he wouldn't have installed reclining seats. !@#$ the person behind me.

Oh and you know what. If that 3" that the person in front of you reclined makes things uncomfortable for you I suggest you go on a diet. :D

Then I ask for all that is good , please, please turn around first and let the person behind you know you are about to recline. I have seen more screens cracked and other devices/ clothes ruin by spilled drinks that were resting on table and go flying cause an hour into a flight someone's slams their seat back.

Don't ask them if okay, but just advise it's coming.

And, there are airlines now that have gone entirely recline free!

Edited by plenzmd1

If someone in front of you reclines, do the same. It will start a chain reaction. Of course the person in the last row, who can't recline because he/she is up against a wall, gets screwed. But that's life.

Up against a wall and in front of the toilet. Double whammy.

I always recline as far back as I can. I have no problem if the person in front of me does the same.

I also will rearrange bags in the overhead, (because people have no idea how to pack those things in there). If you want your bag back, you're going to have to take everything out, because it's in there tight.

I've learned that people hate flying and will be miserable anyway. I fly a lot and stopped caring because no matter what, people will complain about it.

I even pop open cans of Pringles in the middle seat.