Rex won't change

vegas55

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wishes, hopes and reality are often different things.

I hope Rex and the Bills win it all next year. i hope he builds a legend here. I think he is a good guy and he cares about people and has the personality of someone I like to see win. But what he has shown as a coach indicates that the reality is that he sucks. I hope he turns it around but I don't see how. I'm just asking someone to explain how. No one has, least of all the one who posts the most about the topic.

Honestly, he's shown some good, and some bad. This gives me hope that he can learn a few lessons:

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/01/03/ryan-and-his-defense-find-a-comfort-zone-as-bills-oust-jets/

Hyperbole is worthless, but all that seems to get posted around here lately.

He is always like that dont let it bug ya

I genuinely appreciate your show of support, 34, but I beg to differ:

:huh:

First Pats* game: following the opening drive TD, 5 consecutive drives without a first down, during which time the Pats* scored three touch downs

NYG: failed to get a first down on seven of the first NINE drives, during which time NYG scored 17 points

CIN: only 10 drives in the entire game, failed to get a first in 5 of them, including 4 consecutive drives in the first half, during which time CIN scored 17 points

JAX: if you still need details for how the offense was responsible for this loss, I can't help you.

PATS2: three consecutive three and outs in the second half, followed by a four and out, during which time Pats* scored 10 points.

WAS: Start the game with four consecutive non-scoring drives, including two consecutive three and outs, during which time WAS scored 21 points.

So, you'll have to remind me again, on what basis you're refuting my claim that stringing together three and outs had a huge impact on losses this year,

EVERY coach has coaching blunders over the course of a season.......

Im not defending him.....but lets not act like Rex Ryan is the only HC who has lost games this past year because of decisions he has made. When you combine injuries and bad decisions you lose games.

There were games when I thought RR was right on point with his decisions this past year as well.......the team went 8 and 8 not 2 and 14

Really hate when people defend somebody then say they aren't defending them.

The title of the thread is "Rex won't change".

Who thought he would? He tried damage control with the revolting defense and tried to blend two fundamentally different defenses. He will now go all in by his own statements. I never thought he would change in his clock management, loosely run team, run his defense and so on. The in a year, maybe two he'll be fired and never be a head coach again as he'll be in the studio.

Great....there are 16 games in a regular season

What are you saying here exactly, John?

Check out TBC's post above- this was not the greatest show on turf. The offense was better than the defense imo, and far better than it ever was under Marrone and Hackett. But if we ignore a unit every time it gets slightly above average, how are we ever going to win a Superbowl? Something on this team has to be elite, no? And seeing as the offense is a lot closer than the D...well, they say many people quit just before reaching their goal.

I am of the opinion that if you gave Roman the kind of line he had in SF, you could realistically be talking about an elite offense. You'd have the same offense he took to the NFC Championship, except Tyrod > Kap and Watkins > Boldin. Put together a defense that can get a pass rush and the turnovers that follow, and you're talking about a Superbowl contender.

What is your plan for winning a Superbowl?

Edited by Aaron

:huh:

First Pats* game: following the opening drive TD, 5 consecutive drives without a first down, during which time the Pats* scored three touch downs

NYG: failed to get a first down on seven of the first NINE drives, during which time NYG scored 17 points

CIN: only 10 drives in the entire game, failed to get a first in 5 of them, including 4 consecutive drives in the first half, during which time CIN scored 17 points

JAX: if you still need details for how the offense was responsible for this loss, I can't help you.

PATS2: three consecutive three and outs in the second half, followed by a four and out, during which time Pats* scored 10 points.

WAS: Start the game with four consecutive non-scoring drives, including two consecutive three and outs, during which time WAS scored 21 points.

So, you'll have to remind me again, on what basis you're refuting my claim that stringing together three and outs had a huge impact on losses this year,

Pats1: the Bills score first and then the D laid down for the pats for consecutive TDs. The Bills scored again and the D waived the pats in for 4 more scoring drives. The Bills scored again and got within 5 before the D allowed a game chewing 3 minute late 4th Q scoring drive to add FG for the pats. But yeah, it was all those 3 and outs that doomed the Bills.

Cincy: the D gave up 34 points. After taking the lead, the Bengals tied it up and then scored on 5 of 6 drives. EJ was QB.

Jax: EJ was QB

Wash: the D gave up 35 points including 3 TDs on the Skins first 3 drives. And then 4 of their first 5.

I was just demonstrating that your memory about back to back to back to back 3 and outs was as fuzzy as your decision to ignore all of the other stats that showed a clear improvement in the offense this year.

Crusade on.

Edited by Mr. WEO

What exactly needs to change, honestly. Besides the results in the W?L column.

It would be silly for him not to run what he believes will work. He tried that ( or so he says) i choose to think he did) to blend methods

In my opinion he should go all in with what his strengths are and what he in his heart thinks will win games.

That is just an honest way to Coach.

If he falls flat again with defense then even he will think the game has passed him by.

I can almost bet the Peguls will.

let it ride folks

its a dirty job but someones gotta do it. lol RLBlitz you are appreciated.

yes the latin definition of Rex is; King

rex

(rɛks; Eng. rɛks)

n., pl. re•ges (ˈrɛ gɛs; Eng. ˈri dʒiz)
Latin.

king.
not as dumb as i seem am i?
well....
Edited by 3rdand12

What are you saying here exactly, John?

Check out TBC's post above- this was not the greatest show on turf. The offense was better than the defense imo, and far better than it ever was under Marrone and Hackett. But if we ignore a unit every time it gets slightly above average, how are we ever going to win a Superbowl? Something on this team has to be elite, no? And seeing as the offense is a lot closer than the D...well, they say many people quit just before reaching their goal.

I am of the opinion that if you gave Roman the kind of line he had in SF, you could realistically be talking about an elite offense. You'd have the same offense he took to the NFC Championship, except Tyrod > Kap and Watkins > Boldin. Put together a defense that can get a pass rush and the turnovers that follow, and you're talking about a Superbowl contender.

What is your plan for winning a Superbowl?

Right now I would just like to see playoffs.....you gotta walk before you can run

Everyone should go back and read this thread, especially the post from BigK, which was posted at the beginning of training camp (post number 7 in the thread). It's my nominee for post of the year on TSW. BigK accurately predicts to a "t" the problems with Rex's defense and his inflexibility, including the fact that Rex was bringing in his Jet henchmen specifically to enforce "the system". Now he's brought in his brother for more of the same, so no, Rex is not going to change. This thread is worth a re-read, especially the predictable reaction from the faithful to BigK's incredibly insightful post.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/179582-dareus-and-dunbar-its-kind-of-a-clash/

Someone call Carly Simon, I have a hit in the making.

Rex Won't Change

You walked into Buffalo like it was an all you can eat buffet

Your truck strategically sporting a new paint job

Red, white, and blue it really popped

You promised to build a bully, as you let out a haughty laugh

And all the fans dreamed that we'd make the playoffs

We'd make the playoffs, and...

Rexxxxx won't change, he'll probably drop his D-end in coverage

Rex won't change, I bet you'll drop Big Stuff in coverage,

Won't you, Won't you..

What exactly needs to change, honestly. Besides the results in the W?L column.

It would be silly for him not to run what he believes will work. He tried that ( or so he says) i choose to think he did) to blend methods

In my opinion he should go all in with what his strengths are and what he in his heart thinks will win games.

That is just an honest way to Coach.

If he falls flat again with defense then even he will think the game has passed him by.

I can almost bet the Peguls will.

let it ride folks

I can buy this being the right approach for Rex. I think it is clear the game has passed his system by, but by all means if he is unable to adapt it, then he should go all in with it. I hope it will work but what I hope doesn't really matter. I don't think it will work but what I think doesn't really matter. It's just frustrating watching it fail and losing star players at the same time making the inevitable re-build all that much more difficult.