Rex won't change

vegas55

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and also, if Bell had stayed healthy, OP's argument goes right out the window since they probably wouldn't have needed the Bills win to eek in since the offense would have run through him. Also, they won three games with their starting QB on the sidelines...so...

Which games and how did his 'ineptness' result in a loss?

Not getting roped into your bafoonery I know all game. Carry on.

It also had some serious stinkers that ultimately cost the team a victory: NYG, PHI and the second half of KC come to mind. Lest we forget that before TT pulled one from where the sun don't shine, the offense had accumulated 57 total yards through more than 2 and a half quarters against Tennessee.

I know everyone wants to burn RR at the stake and all, but the offense sure did their part to put a damper on things with their 31st ranked three and out percentage.

Actually their 3rd down conversion rate (38%) was tied for 9th (48% was tops), but who cares? The Bills offense was not the problem--#12 in PPG.

And while he surely does, he hasn't exactly had the QB bullpen to be anything else (to Yolo's point)

QB was just fine in his first year as starter. What bullpen were we missing?

Wow "we weren't ground and pound" "yea we ran the ball a lot" - The Bills ran the ball more than anybody in the NFL. Ground and pound doesn't mean you run the ball on every play, nor does it have anything to do with the type of passes you throw. You do shorten the game, and you do keep the score close, regardless of how well you are playing. Sure if the D is fantastic that day and you get lots of turnovers you will roll some teams. Count on that happening every week and see so far that gets you. Or has gotten you.

And just as I predicted not one response to ignoring a decades worth of rule changes favoring the passing game. Maybe, just maybe if they pass a rule where you are not allowed to tackle a receiver after he catches the ball, then it might spur some to examine the wisdom of emphasizing the run game in an era where everything favors the pass.

The rule changes are a good point

Do you think it is also important that since opposing defenses are setting up their teams to stop pass due to the rule changes......and a dominant ground game might be something they would be less apt to be prepared for?

Lets start by getting this D better to give the O more opportunities with the ball

Or not have three and outs at a higher rate than every team but the one bad enough to earn the first overall pick.

How did their PPG compare to every other team? Or YPG? Or general third down conversion rate? Or YPP? Or TO differential? Or TOP?

But yeah, pick the one below average stat. That's the reason.

Edited by FireChan

Rex made more coaching blunders than I can count- we lost at least 3 games because of his ineptness. Hated the hire still hate the hire and will always hate the hire- he sucks as a HC.

This I don't get, seems like hate for hate's sake. What if they have a deep playoff run next year?

Wow "we weren't ground and pound" "yea we ran the ball a lot" - The Bills ran the ball more than anybody in the NFL. Ground and pound doesn't mean you run the ball on every play, nor does it have anything to do with the type of passes you throw. You do shorten the game, and you do keep the score close, regardless of how well you are playing. Sure if the D is fantastic that day and you get lots of turnovers you will roll some teams. Count on that happening every week and see so far that gets you. Or has gotten you.

And just as I predicted not one response to ignoring a decades worth of rule changes favoring the passing game. Maybe, just maybe if they pass a rule where you are not allowed to tackle a receiver after he catches the ball, then it might spur some to examine the wisdom of emphasizing the run game in an era where everything favors the pass.

I think you are going to change your mind regarding "close " games next year. If the D would have played anywhere near their capability they would have had sizable leads in many more games than they did. That being said they opened up some pretty decent sized leads in several games...

Why did you pick your stat?

How did their PPG compare to every other team? Or YPG? Or general third down conversion rate? Or YPP? Or TO differential? Or TOP?

But yeah, pick the one below average stat. That's the reason.

PPG is a great stat, but 3 and out is a much better stat than 3rd down conversion to measure efficacy of an offense. 3 and out means you did NOTHING.

Ground and pound is the philosophy both Roman and Ryan have separately used for their entire careers. Roman is a virtual genius of a run game coordinator with less creativity and variation in his passing game than on the ground. The above is not even debatable.

This is why these two coaches see eye to eye and were so enthused to team up. They share and have always shared the same philosophy to win a football game.

The Bills burned enormous resources acquiring Sammy Watkins and Charles Clay, both moves I applaud.

Antonio Brown's targets this year doubled that of Watkins. Brown's teammate Martavis Bryant also saw more targets per game than did Watkins. Clay signed for just under 40 million total and produced 40 yards per game. Both players were criminally under used in this offense.

The Bills were 31st in passing attempts and 28th in yards, despite tying for 6th in yards per pass play and doing well to limit turnovers.

Again, 6th in yards per pass. 28th in yards, 31st in attempts.

If you think these coaches are itching to divert from their career long trend, I truly regret to inform you you're flat out deluding yourself.

Edited by Aaron