Rex won't change

vegas55

Ground n pound running games and defense got both Denver and Carolina in the Superbowl this year and Seattle the last two years. The demise of the ground game and defense has been greatly exaggerated.

Where are the fancy dancey passing games?????

Edited by bisonbrigade

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bolded part there, I don't think that is exactly accurate.

It's true for me. I would love for Rex to be the one at the helm when the Bills win it all. It fits on so many levels. I just can't see it happening.

When I ask Rex's chief apologist to explain why Rex can make it work he says I'm a poopy head so I won't listen. I will, in fact, listen but am beginning to suspect he can't explain his opinion so he is simply lashing out. And I do mean simply.

Ground n pound running games and defense got both Denver and Carolina in the Superbowl this year and Seattle the last two years. The demise of the ground game and defense has been greatly exaggerated.

Where are the fancy dancey passing games?????

Broncos were ground and pound? They were 17th in the league--barely 100 yards per game.

Carolina was ground and pound? They had no RB over 1000 yards. Their second leading rusher was their QB (636). Their 3rd was....Mike Tolbert.

:lol:

Watch out for this badass, folks.

You are the TBD version of a filibuster.

I am loathe to write a post like this, I'm here to talk about football and nothing else. But you've carried on now and for 3 pages you've said nothing. Either talk shop or let the adults do so, I beg of you. There are other threads to post in if you just like seeing your writing.

People were sharing purely football opinions before you attempted in vain to discredit those legitimate takes.

Can we just discuss the issues football without personal nonsense like the quote above, Mr. Filibuster?

You are the TBD version of a filibuster.

I am loathe to write a post like this, I'm here to talk about football and nothing else. But you've carried on now and for 3 pages you've said nothing. Either talk shop or let the adults do so, I beg of you. There are other threads to post in if you just like seeing your writing.

People were sharing purely football opinions before you attempted in vain to discredit those legitimate takes.

Can we just discuss the issues football without personal nonsense like the quote above, Mr. Filibuster?

Don't let me stop you.

These are simple responses to posts.

Less is more.

Meh.

Three of the teams ranked 20-32 made the playoffs, and the other two were from the league's two worst divisions (AFCS/NFCE) I'm pretty confident your outlier disproves nothing.

Also, it was intended to highlight that our offense wasn't really that good.

And as far as the "team" game goes, it's a stat that has direct bearing on the defense.

Sure it proves a great defense doesn't care about this stat. And there are a slew of bottom feeders in the top half too.

So one could argue it actually means nothing.

When you respond to pure football posts with inflammatory personal attacks, it takes the discussion in a most unfruitful direction. Everything is connected. :)

I added a football take and we were immediately jettisoned down the rabbit hole because it strayed from the REX !@#$ING SUCKS BALLS narrative.

I don't have the time nor the inclination to keep fighting that fight. Don't confuse the aftermath for what it's not.

Sure it proves a great defense doesn't care about this stat. And there are a slew of bottom feeders in the top half too.

So one could argue it actually means nothing.

It means that the best defense in the NFL can overcome that stat.

Nobody, at any point in time, has suggested the Bills are/were/will be.

This is the first post in the thread that was anything less than 100% about football:

Easily. :lol:

I'll happily show you what 'easily' doesn't look like. But I won't bother, I don't foresee you or any other crusaders on the Rex Death March being even remotely rational about any of this.

I added a football take and we were immediately jettisoned down the rabbit hole because it strayed from the REX !@#$ING SUCKS BALLS narrative.

I don't have the time nor the inclination to keep fighting that fight. Don't confuse the aftermath for what it's not.

Not by me. I just provided some info to refute your claim about the offense.

You couldn't muster much of a response, other than...well, what you responded.

Not fighting that fight, but outposting everyone else in this topic by a hefty amount?

You have more posts in this topic than me, WEO and 4mer combined.

Edited by FireChan

Not fighting that fight, but outposting everyone else in this topic by a hefty amount?

You have more posts in this topic than me, WEO and 4mer combined.

An ironic non-point given the context.

It's been a couple weeks since I've disrupted the three amigos from one of their classic pig piles. Good to see you guys are still adamant in your quest to convince everyone the HC is an abject failure.

This is the first post in the thread that was anything less than 100% about football:

Cool.

Cool.

This proves false the notion that the thread was thrown off simply because you disagree. I like when people disagree with me, it creates productive dialogue and a chance for me to learn something.

The thread was thrown off by your repeated personal attacks on those you disagree with. This is why it devolved. If you go back and look, you will see this.

Broncos were ground and pound? They were 17th in the league--barely 100 yards per game.

Carolina was ground and pound? They had no RB over 1000 yards. Their second leading rusher was their QB (636). Their 3rd was....Mike Tolbert.

Wasn't Carolina the 2nd ranked rushing offense? Bills didn't have a 1,000 yard rusher either. What's your point?

Edited by matter2003

An ironic non-point given the context.

It's been a couple weeks since I've disrupted the three amigos from one of their classic pig piles. Good to see you guys are still adamant in your quest to convince everyone the HC is an abject failure.

Cool.

Who is more likely to be pushing a narrative, a poster with 3 posts or with 18?

But bills were at the bottom in 2014 too...

It's an interesting number but if one digs into, in isolation it means nothing. Good teams have bad showings, bad teams have good showings in this rank and on average the last decade of Super Bowl winners at least, are in the bottom half more than not.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

This proves false the notion that the thread was thrown off simply because you disagree. I like when people disagree with me, it creates productive dialogue and a chance for me to learn something.

The thread was thrown off by your repeated personal attacks on those you disagree with. This is why it devolved. If you go back and look, you will see this.

Nobody is disputing anything you're saying. What would you like to discuss with me?

Who is more likely to be pushing a narrative, a poster with 3 posts or with 18?

What's the sound of one hand clapping?

Wasn't Carolina the 2nd ranked rushing offense? Bills didn't have a 1,000 yard rusher either. What's your point?

Weo using stats out of context to shoot down a point? :mellow: