Scathing article in NYDN on Peyton Manning

YoloinOhio

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, OK, I think I see where you're coming from, but you're missing that the adminstrative hearing process is one-sided in its "due process" regard. From this article:

A regular Title IX hearing treats the accused and the person who reported exactly the same in terms of who gets to present evidence, question the evidence, have a lawyer present, and cross-examine witnesses. The lawsuit calls the UAPA "one-sided" and says it is a tactic used repeatedly "to delay and altogether avoid sanctions and discipline for sexual assault." The UAPA, unlike a regular Title IX hearing, "allows only accused perpetrators of sexual assaults (and not victims) to have the right to confrontation, cross-examination, and a right to an evidentiary administrative hearing."

A vice-chancellor and a director of student judicial affairs have voiced concerns and resigned/been fired over concerns about this process and the UT environment.

I don't know what the right or wrong of the case is, but I'm quite certain it's not as "no basis" as you think. Based upon the above, the ladies have a valid point.

I wouldn't make a good any sort of attorney but that's another story.

The timeline of the pattern matters, WEO. If I were trying to prove BigCompanyX had discriminatory hiring practices today or over the last 4-5 years, I wouldn't bother going back 20 years unless I could show that exactly the same people were making hiring decisions. Usually over 20 years, there's a lot of turnover, and the defense would simply point to all the changes and argue that "20 years ago today Sargent Pepper taught the band to play" is not relevant to the last 4-5 years. It weakens the case. I would need to look at and demonstrate a pattern of behavior over a relevant timeline.

If many of the administrators and officials have been there for 20 years, well, that would be different then.

It took 30 seconds of googling to prove those claims wrong.

http://www.tncia.org/tca-uapa.html

Where were they when this broke 10 years ago?

Seriously. This topic has come up on this board multiple times over the years. The Thumb tries to ride off into the sunset with the Jewish pizza guy and "lots and lots of Budweiser," and suddenly it's a hot topic.

Seriously. This topic has come up on this board multiple times over the years. The Thumb tries to ride off into the sunset with the Jewish pizza guy and "lots and lots of Budweiser," and suddenly it's a hot topic.

It was never a racist incident before.

It took 30 seconds of googling to prove those claims wrong.

http://www.tncia.org/tca-uapa.html

Meanwhile, the plaintiffs and news media reporting on the case appear to feel that's how it works:

"One of the plaintiffs' key arguments in their lawsuit is that UT's hearing process is unique — the only of its kind in the country — and favors the accused, who has due process rights not provided to accusers, including the right to cross examine. The university has not yet filed a response to that larger issue."

As it appears to be a key point of the lawyers for the plaintiffs, perhaps they're all just too stupid for 30 seconds of googling? Or perhaps there's more to it than that?

THE THUMB! You remembered!

I mentioned that to my two younger nephews on SB Sunday and every once in a while when there was a shot of Manning on TV (and there were a ton of them), I would catch them looking at their thumbs and then looking at Manning. Thumb. Manning. Thumb. Manning.

I laughed every time.

GO BILLS!!!

THE THUMB! You remembered!

I mentioned that to my two younger nephews on SB Sunday and every once in a while when there was a shot of Manning on TV (and there were a ton of them), I would catch them looking at their thumbs and then looking at Manning. Thumb. Manning. Thumb. Manning.

I laughed every time.

GO BILLS!!!

Will always be one of the funniest things I've read here. I've used the Thumb reference many times since then, in person, and 100% of the time, people say, "holy schit he DOES look like a thumb!"

Women's group urges sponsors to suspend ties to Peyton Manning

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14793870/women-group-urges-sponsors-suspend-ties-peyton-manning

Light him up ladies. Lance Armstrong 2.0. Someone catch me up here, did Manning just show her his package or did he ride her face butt to nose as some have said in the past ?

I don't think we heard much about Cam stealing the laptops, it was when his dad tried to extort $200,000 from Mississippi State that we heard about him.

The cam laptop story was everywhere. Edited by Ryan L Billz

When cam was 20 and stole a lap top we sure heard plenty about. Peyton not so much you see

This incident is 20 years old. It was public knowledge for quite some time. It is not new information. It was not hidden it was in the news when it happened and also many times thereafter. So your contention that "peyton not so much" is completely wrong.

No, really it wasn't. The author wanted that & I suppose you're giving him what he hoped for but I choose to focus on what I feel is the more compelling story.

Well then you missed the point. The only reason this is being brought up now is because of race. It is an old story and has been public knowledge for years. The only reason it is being discussed at all right now is because of this race baiting reporter.

Edited by xsoldier54