Scathing article in NYDN on Peyton Manning

YoloinOhio

I knew there was an incident at UT, and vaguely knew the details, but never knew the extent. Just wow.

KING: Peyton Mannings squeaky-clean image was built on lies

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-peyton-manning-squeaky-clean-image-built-lies-article-1.2530395?cid=bitly

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is very, very odd that this appears now especially since it appears he believes Cam got bashed too much after Superbowl.

I'll let someone else put together story without his obvious slant.

The timing of the report doesn't change the story. Plus, this was all public knowledge for quite some time. My opinion on both QB's remains unchanged.

Peyton is fake.

Cam is fake.

It is very, very odd that this appears now especially since it appears he believes Cam got bashed too much after Superbowl.

What slant do you see in the article? What is he misrepresenting, do you think, because of his slant?

It is odd that this guy didn't seem to know of this sexual assault issue in Manning's past until he read a recent FAcebook post to his other story.

And what could the first incident that the MAnning's requested be redacted have been if they allowed the teabagging incident to stay unredacted?

He describes how it came about in the article.

All of the documents he references are right there in the article. Of course he has a slant, but it's not like he's making up the references.

I knew there was an incident at UT, and vaguely knew the details, but never knew the extent. Just wow.

It isn't pretty. Young guys act like tools and sometimes they grow up and act classy and I'm ok with moving on.

It was Peyton Manning's decision as a mature adult to violate the confidentiality agreement he signed when Naughright left UT and lie about her in his book that I find despicable. It really adds nothing to the book and he signed a legal confidentiality agreement as part of her settlement with UT, so why bring it up? Her subsequent lawsuit over the book was settled and the settlement is confidential, which is good for the Mannings. I hope she settled high, though.

The other thing I find damning, much more than "young guys act like tools", is the report of the environment maintained by the head trainer at UT and the behavior of Florida Southern College in allowing the book to ruin her career.

It's not odd at all, it's cause-and-effect. He thinks there is a double-standard in how black athletes are evaluated by the media vs. white athletes, and he's digging dirt on Peyton Manning to make his point.

The story has been out there some time. The woman involved sued Manning after he, his father, and the ghostwriter chose to violate the confidentiality agreement he'd signed when by settlement she left UT, it affected her employment at another university, and she couldn't obtain new employment. The case was settled (confidential settlement) in 2003. There were articles about it in 2014

I can't disagree on the double standard. I do think it's in part an economic double-standard. Archie Manning could afford better lawyers and PR agents for Peyton in his UT days.

Edited by Hopeful

Wow, Florio seems to be aching to put his face under Manning's taint with that article.

He goes to great lengths to say the entire 74 page document is not "objective", yet it is filled with evidence given under oath that makes all Mannings involved to be liars.

And, a technical point: one can't put one's "rectum" on another individual's face unless one's rectum has been surgically removed and is on hand to do so...or unless it has significantly prolapsed.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Manning is lucky the original incident happened before Twitter etc.

I had heard about this before (about a year or two ago or so).

I wonder if Manning is drinking a bunch of Budweisers right about now . . . .

Wow, Florio seems to be aching to put his face under Manning's taint with that article.

He goes to great lengths to say the entire 74 page document is not "objective", yet it is filled with evidence given under oath that makes all Mannings involved to be liars.

And, a technical point: one can't put one's "rectum" on another individual's face unless one's rectum has been surgically removed and is on hand to do so...

My reaction to Florio's piece - after having many of my posts re deflategate mysteriously removed from his site, I wondered whether he would have written the same thing if it involved Tom Brady.

Manning is lucky the original incident happened before Twitter etc.

I had heard about this before (about a year or two ago or so).

I wonder if Manning is drinking a bunch of Budweisers right about now . . . .

he is a weird guy. I've heard some stories from Indy, not sure if true and his wife is interesting too.

what kind of examination position was this female trainer in, in order for the following statement

“It was the gluteus maximus, the rectum, the testicles, and the area in between the testicles,” Naughright said. “And all that was on my face when I pushed him up and off.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaun_King_(activist)

YOLO, please, consider your source. this is an activist **** stirrer and the spin in this article is heavily tainted. it is unfortunate because by all accounts what occurred with Manning was not cool, at all.

the fact that others, including this asshat, are using Newton's actions to spin their own yarn and bring up almost 20 years ago is pathetic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaun_King_(activist)

YOLO, please, consider your source. this is an activist **** stirrer and the spin in this article is heavily tainted. it is unfortunate because by all accounts what occurred with Manning was not cool, at all.

the fact that others, including this asshat, are using Newton's actions to spin their own yarn and bring up almost 20 years ago is pathetic.

So was her face, "by all accounts".

Anyway, what, specifically, do you disagree with in his retelling of the events described in his document? What is he spinning about Manning and this woman?

What slant do you see in the article? What is he misrepresenting, do you think, because of his slant?

It is odd that this guy didn't seem to know of this sexual assault issue in Manning's past until he read a recent FAcebook post to his other story.

And what could the first incident that the MAnning's requested be redacted have been if they allowed the teabagging incident to stay unredacted?

an educated man can see the slant in the article. that you cannot see it, common man... it's obvious.

but to help you and the ilk out - without naming names in order not to blitz anyone from the outside implicating them in the same nonsense - here you go.

King has written extensively about incidents in the Black Lives Matter movement, gaining prominence during the events following the shooting of Michael Brown. King wrote an article analyzing the Brown crime scene, and argued that the evidence suggested that officer Darren Wilson's life was not in danger during the shooting.[25]

King became a contributing blogger for the politically liberal website the Daily Kos in September 2014.[26] His contributions to the website have centered around civil rights issues and violence in Ferguson, Missouri and Charleston, South Carolina as well as allegations of police brutality toward the black community.[27] In August 2015, he launched Justice Together, an organization to identify police brutality and lobby local politicians for change.[28][29]

One of his experiences in high school was what he considered a hate crime assault.[11] King stated a "dozen rednecks" had beaten him and the injuries caused him to miss a portion of two years of high school due to multiple spinal surgeries.[6] The detective who investigated the case in 1995 described King's injuries as "minor". The associated police report noted that the incident revolved around a fight involving a student who defended his girlfriend after being allegedly threatened by King. The report did not indicate the incident was racially motivated. There is no mention of a "hate crime" either with local police or with the FBI.[41] A band teacher, two fellow students from King's high school, as well as King's wife, posted their recollection of the event to Facebook, backing King's account.[42][43][44] The police report from the incident describes King's injuries as minor with only one other student identified as being involved.[42] Keith Broughton, the investigating detective, said he interviewed six witnesses put forth by the school's principal, including a teacher who broke up the fight.[42] All of them described it as a one-on-one altercation.[42] An unnamed family member told CNN's Don Lemon that the fight was because King was a white guy dating a black girl.[45] A number of other eyewitnesses have described the assault as clearly being motivated by King being perceived as black, describing how he was routinely attacked with racial slurs because of his curly black hair.[43]

In August 2015, Breitbart News Network writer Milo Yiannopoulos questioned King's biracial identity based on information from King's birth certificate which lists Naomi Fleming and Jeffrey Wayne King as Shaun King's parents, both of whom are white.[1] King said that the man listed on his birth certificate is not his biological father, and that his mother has told him his biological father is a light-skinned black man.[42][46] King and his supporters expressed concern that such questions were an attempt to distract from the Black Lives Matter movement.[47][48]

He's also a plagiarist...

http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/21/new-york-daily-news-columnist-shaun-king-gets-called-out-for-plagiarism/

And, many man soucres are concerned of his employment with the NYDN...

http://www.mediaite.com/online/new-york-daily-news-hires-columnist-blacklivesmatter-activist-shaun-king/

So was her face, "by all accounts".

Anyway, what, specifically, do you disagree with in his retelling of the events described in his document? What is he spinning about Manning and this woman?

I feel like Faron !@#$ing Young.

Hello Wall.

Edited by Boyst62

I don't know anything about the author, so I didn't realize it was purposely slanted. But I was more referring to the facts of the case and then the book, etc.

i know, it's cleverly designed as an article and not the hate speech that is it.

in todays media world we are all often fooled.

an educated man can see the slant in the article. that you cannot see it, common man... it's obvious.

but to help you and the ilk out - without naming names in order not to blitz anyone from the outside implicating them in the same nonsense - here you go.

He's also a plagiarist...

http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/21/new-york-daily-news-columnist-shaun-king-gets-called-out-for-plagiarism/

And, many man soucres are concerned of his employment with the NYDN...

http://www.mediaite.com/online/new-york-daily-news-hires-columnist-blacklivesmatter-activist-shaun-king/

I feel like Faron !@#$ing Young.

Hello Wall.

I'm not saying the guy doesn't have an agenda. I'm asking you what did he write that spins what is in the report? It's obvious Manning did drop his package on the woman's face. It's obvious he lied about it repeatedly, it's obvious that he and the staff tried to blame at least one other guy and pressured another one to lie about it. It's obvious he lied under oath. It's obvious he and his father slandered her in their book.

Because this guy has "an agenda", how does it change anything reported?

Edited by Mr. WEO