McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that what happened, the hospital reported it?

I thought the officers filed a complaint on Monday am.

I could be wrong but don't think a hospital is required to report the sort of injuries the officers suffered. Gunshot or knife wounds yes.

I think Fingon meant they waited until after visiting the hospital to report it.

The nfl should be pretty happy with this incident. Normally when you hear of players in trouble you have...guns, drugs, duis, women beating, and in this one you have none of that.

Well, it's cop beating. So there's Rog's in.

The nfl should be pretty happy with this incident. Normally when you hear of players in trouble you have...guns, drugs, duis, women beating, and in this one you have none of that.

we do not know that these things were not occurring. we just have a blurry video.

:nana:

So i guess with the new info, we can determine that it does matter that the cops didnt call 911. And it does matter WHY they didnt.

Im guessing one of them had their weapon on them or they were hammered. Either one doesnt look good.

of course it mattered

Well, it's cop beating. So there's Rog's in.

where is our resident Mr Goodell when we need him btw?

So i guess with the new info, we can determine that it does matter that the cops didnt call 911. And it does matter WHY they didnt.

Im guessing one of them had their weapon on them or they were hammered. Either one doesnt look good.

I love when actual news quotes come out that directly contradict beliefs that some TBD members hold as gospel. Note to self, don't let TBD represent me in any legal matters...

Also, would think people in Philly would be over this endless investigation - like the Philly PD doesn't h ave anything better to spend it's time and money on! :D:beer:

Darn you, 26! I posted the same thing just a split second after you. Nice job.

And here was an interesting excerpt:

I should just stop posting. You beat me to that excerpt, too. In-ter-est-ing if true.

I think Fingon meant they waited until after visiting the hospital to report it.

I could be fuzzy on the timeline, but I thought they waited about 30 hrs:

-incident 2:45 am Sunday

-drove to hospital, one officer probably released from hospital early hours, 7-9 am, other officer ?admitted for observation and further tests?

-filed complaint Monday am

I love when actual news quotes come out that directly contradict beliefs that some TBD members hold as gospel. Note to self, don't let TBD represent me in any legal matters...

Also, would think people in Philly would be over this endless investigation - like the Philly PD doesn't h ave anything better to spend it's time and money on! :D:beer:

Haha, well, it depends which TBDians you choose to represent you in any legal matters, dunnit? I'd like to retain Mickey and GoKikoGo.

I should just stop posting. You beat me to that excerpt, too. In-ter-est-ing if true.

I could be fuzzy on the timeline, but I thought they waited about 30 hrs:

-incident 2:45 am Sunday

-drove to hospital, one officer probably released from hospital early hours, 7-9 am, other officer ?admitted for observation and further tests?

-filed complaint Monday am

Haha, well, it depends which TBDians you choose to represent you in any legal matters, dunnit? I'd like to retain Mickey and GoKikoGo.

What about the 3rd officer, didn't he wait until Tuesday?

True. But I don't think Rog wants NFL players hitting anyone. That is, except other NFL players. On the field. Within the rules.

Obviously but I'm just saying Rog is probably relieved this is a bar fight that didn't escalate into a plax buress situation or the pac man jones thing.

I refuse to read 80+ pages of this mess, but I'll ask one question: do we have the definitive list of precisely what the cops' injuries are? I recall hearing things about orbital fractures and skull fractures, but what has been confirmed (if anything)?

Eball! Comin' in here this time o' night, and all judgy to boot!

From NYTimes and report of police complaint:

Officer #1: treated at a hospital for a laceration to his right eye, a broken nose, broken ribs and a sprained thumb (officer who was on the ground. drove himself to hospital)

Officer #2: eight stitches to laceration over left eye. Evaluated for possible skull fracture. Later updated to "orbital fracture". (officer who tried to break up fight, "taken to hospital" apparently by private party, not ambulance)

Officer #3: apparently not involved in fight, no injuries reported.

Saying "we knew it was a crime but didn't want to report it until later" doesn't wash as an excuse. Neither does "we were embarrassed." Again that's incompetence at best and covering for criminal behavior at worst, neither of which look good for them. And true they wouldn't be the ones on trial, but they'd be on the witness stand being cross-examined.

And true they wouldn't be on trial. But they'd be on the witness stand.

Since we don't know exactly what the holdup is (if the case was a loser, why would the DA continue to delay?), let me just ask you directly:

What is it that you think a jury would hear form the cops that would make a jury ignore the video and medical evidence (which may be all there is, other than the victims' testimony) and conclude the beating that theses 4 guys gave was justified and therefore not illegal? Weapons flashed or drawn?

If they delay in the reporting excuses the beating, how exactly do you see it doing that? I'm just interested in you take here, other than the delay itself is suspicious. How does it relate to the charge of assault?

Eball! Comin' in here this time o' night, and all judgy to boot!

From NYTimes and report of police complaint:

Officer #1: treated at a hospital for a laceration to his right eye, a broken nose, broken ribs and a sprained thumb (officer who was on the ground. drove himself to hospital)

Officer #2: eight stitches to laceration over left eye. Evaluated for possible skull fracture. Later updated to "orbital fracture". (officer who tried to break up fight, "taken to hospital" apparently by private party, not ambulance)

Officer #3: apparently not involved in fight, no injuries reported.

Thanks. I've really been trying to stay out of this fray, having a pretty good idea of where it has likely been headed. My first take on these injuries is that they are not nearly as severe as first reported. An orbital fracture can be significant or insignificant.

I think that fact is important in evaluating the conduct of the parties post-brawl.