McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy is talented, but may not be worth the trouble.Remember the party that he had for women only?Remember the way he acted like a little brat refusing to deal with his old coach?He is seemingly a Prima Donna.

personally I think the guy is trash.

I do and I shall--I don't hoard recipes; they are meant to be shared.

Have to look it up and transcribe it, because the book my Great Aunt wrote it in is so withered that a picture of it simply won't be legible.

awesome!

I think they got the wrong guy.

Given the severity of the injuries, this sounds like Rambo.

He may have even swung by Darby's house on the way home to give him a quick punch in the face for good measure.

Can anyone say for certain that Steven Avery wasn't on the scene? I know he was serving a life sentence in Wisconsin, but he may have gotten out on furlough for the Superbowl. His DNA is on file.

No.

He gets evaluated like every single other component of the team.

Many folks think he's good at his job. Some do not.

Some people like to exaggerated stances to make their point...this happens on both sides of the coin with statements like "Whaley is one of the best talent evaluators in the league" and "this team is the worst in the NFL at managing the cap".

My opinion of the definitive statement on Whaley comes in the form of a question--the answer to which nearly all Bills' fans are in agreement: did the Bills' team under-achieve in 2016?

I think we all agree that the answer is yes, they did. That means that the team was too talented to win only 8 games, which inherently means that they're a very talented team, personnel-wise.

But I don't want to get too off-track here, so let's get back on topic: it's not Whaley's fault that a player that's never been in trouble with the law had a run-in over the weekend.

You are a sly devil. In a very circuitous way you are blaming Rex. This accusatory club has a large membership. :pirate:

I also like Whaley a lot. Yes the cap is tight. But the reason he was willing to spend was to break the ignominious non-playoff drought. I understand his reasoning and stance so on the cap issue I'm not going to be critical.

This. One guy had a cut over his eye stitched up, probably looks all plummy by now 'cuz those things do and has a headache 'cuz, 4 bottles of champagne and 3 am. He got a routine x-ray or CAT scan making sure there wasn't a fracture behind said cut causing said headache thus "possible skull fracture".

The witnesses will develop amnesia or say contradictory things, no one will ever know what really happened, and justice will be served proportionally to the quality of the lawyers engaged by both parties and the depth of the conflict of interest between the judiciary, the prosecutor, and the police.

this is about the depth of the matter for us on the sidelines

By the way Folks i just finished reading every single word. Very proud of myself BTW.

My valued opinion is this.

Idiots come in all forms.

We have a report about around 8 of them beating each other over some spensive bottles of the bubbly. and really. who cares why or how it turned out?

I think everyone is wrong.

Been on both sides of this stuff in my younger days.

I was an IDIOT.

There is no side to take here.

By the way Folks i just finished reading every single word. Very proud of myself BTW.

My valued opinion is this.

Idiots come in all forms.

We have a report about around 8 of them beating each other over some spensive bottles of the bubbly. and really. who cares why or how it turned out?

I think everyone is wrong.

Been on both sides of this stuff in my younger days.

I was an IDIOT.

There is no side to take here.

There is an aspect to this incident that can affect McCoy's employment whether he is guilty or not of a criminal offense. It relates to conduct. Even if he didn't initiate the situation or was simply with the people who were more engaged with the fight he still could be punished by the league. As a pro football player the repercussions from such an incident whether directly or indirectly involved is different from the public in general.

The same repercussions can happen to the off-duty policemen who were involved in this fracas. Don't doubt that their police departments are not going to review how they conducted themselves whether they were charged or not. This type of incident is routinely investigated by Internal Affairs offices. It is probable that the off-duty policemen's behavior will be scrutinized separate from the official criminal and court proceedings.

The conduct rules for public servants and pro athletes are different from the public at large. It's not an issue of fairness or treating people the same. It is

an issue of the nature of their jobs that requires a higher standard than what the regular person is expected to live up to.

Assaulted is NOT the correct term.

There was a bar fight involving 4 people.

The two (off duty) policemen got the worst of it.

Lets see how it pans out before we try and vilify Shady.

(and Rex)

This. Although from personal experience with fights, the "winner" will often get charged with aggravated assault or disruption or something like that. If he was just helping out and not the aggressor, I could see him serving a 2 game suspension and mandatory community service (prolly appealed down to 1 game and community service). If its worse, then idk. But jumping to the conclusion about the nature of this encounter is silly.

But wait, I forgot what forum I'm on...

WE'RE DOOOOOMED!!!!

B-)

Edited by Uffalo Ills

Still holding my tongue until more evidence comes out. Shady is a prima dona but I don't peg him as someone who would start a fight over champagne. He's rich, he would probably laugh it off. I do have to question 40 year old cops hanging out in a club popping bottles at 2:30am. I can't imagine they are totally innocent in this

There is an aspect to this incident that can affect McCoy's employment whether he is guilty or not of a criminal offense. It relates to conduct. Even if he didn't initiate the situation or was simply with the people who were more engaged with the fight he still could be punished by the league. As a pro football player the repercussions from such an incident whether directly or indirectly involved is different from the public in general.

The same repercussions can happen to the off-duty policemen who were involved in this fracas. Don't doubt that their police departments are not going to review how they conducted themselves whether they were charged or not. This type of incident is routinely investigated by Internal Affairs offices. It is probable that the off-duty policemen's behavior will be scrutinized separate from the official criminal and court proceedings.

The conduct rules for public servants and pro athletes are different from the public at large. It's not an issue of fairness or treating people the same. It is

an issue of the nature of their jobs that requires a higher standard than what the regular person is expected to live up to.

I would like to agree. But can we make that demand and expect such?

reality says no.

Not everyone has a good value system.

and i would like to severely separate the difference between Public Servants who are paid by every Taxpayer to protect and uphold us each and the Law, as to someone whom live the life of an entertainer.

No one should "expect" anything from a football player.

But we certainly should expect any Civic employee to be held accountable to us. They are not a privately held or hired business firm.

if we are not satisfied with a player or team we have a choice to look away and no harm done.

But a civic employee is entrusted to represent each of us all of the time.

I am not critiquing either in this particular incident as i have no idea what really went down. and i mostly dont care. people wanna swing champagne bottles at each other? Great.

I can't honestly afford even Korbel

: )

Still holding my tongue until more evidence comes out. Shady is a prima dona but I don't peg him as someone who would start a fight over champagne. He's rich, he would probably laugh it off. I do have to question 40 year old cops hanging out in a club popping bottles at 2:30am. I can't imagine they are totally innocent in this

Probably not Lesean who instigated. But if he was swinging he is wrong. Not like he is defending his family.

Drunken kids and drunken 40 year olds. yay!

No one who was there is innocent

Edited by 3rdand12